8:00pm 18th no game so far

dez1

The 'Question'/point of law/opportunity for a standing ovation is: what colour were Noddy's socks?

erm, no, try again: At what date, as advertised in the pre-order page, will pre-order customers be able to download their purchase? Clarity, not just a name of a very fine, and drinkable Australian Shiraz...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

drool, only due to a great demo.. I did preorder before.

I started thinking this was a ten, then the whole eletronic serial registration through me off, then I started looking at this again and said, ok.. now I am sitting all day playingthe demo and not my other stuff awaiting with childlike christmass glee... ok, christmass sucked as a kid for me, but you get my point. I can wait no worries and thanks for such a fine game!

Originally posted by Elvis:

Dear franz,

How did I not see their fiendish plan before. By creating just enough of a game to make a "demo" and post a few "in game" movies they can rack up thousands ...maybe even millions... of preorder greenbacks. Sitting in their lair clicking refresh like monkeys wastching the money pile up, smoking cheap cigars and drinking Jim Beam...

Love,

Elvis

Lets not forget the the crack cocaine and hookers.

it all comes down to communcation.

If problems are explained promptly and concisely then 90% people will understand and not complain.

I am afraid that the Public Relations manager of BF is sorerly lacking in the skills required for this job.

franz,

I would be willing to bet that much more than 90% of the people who preordered do understand and are not complaining. I would even go so far as to say that over 99% understand and are not complaining. That is what makes the style of complaints that you and dez1 are making so annoying. If it is your goal to annoy then you did a fine job and I don't even work for BFC. It is one thing to be unhappy and point out your disappointment it is a completely other thing to imply things like they haven't been working on it or caring because they are just sitting back counting the thousands rolling in or "point of law" "binding contract" silliness. Enough already. If someone told you when you preordered that it would be out the 25th or 21st or 30th or May 1st would have not ordered because you needed it by the 18th or 19th? Of course not. I would assume there were more than a thousand preorders (I have no idea or access but I think we would all be surprised if there were less) which means 1% complainers would be about 10. Pretty much the number of complainers I am seeing. And that is using conservative numbers. So do yourself and the other 99% of us a favor and just go pay the demo for while. Have some fun with it. Learn the ins and outs of the game. Put your energy there.

Love,

Elvis

"I would be willing to bet that much more than 90% of the people who preordered do understand and are not complaining. I would even go so far as to say that over 99% understand and are not complaining. "

substansiate your figures before contesting other peoples...

""point of law" "binding contract" silliness" - these are merely sympthomatic reactions to the lack of respect some customers have felt by not having their points dealt with rationaly, and openly, by representives of the BF company - no matter how often you voice your personal disdain for them, they are still entitled to use these forums to raise/vent their reactions. Blow off some steam, that's what a good forum is for, not stifling all arguement with prodigious superlatives (So do yourself and the other 99% of us a favor and just go pay the demo for while)

FYI - just as an example, when the UK has an election, representation rarely stretches beyond 55-60% - ie nearly 40% of the population don't vote because they are too apathetic to be bothered - but asked at a personal level, nearly '90 %' said that they appreciated the intrinsc value of the other sides policies. Not totally confident that the USA isn't any different; but if you can convince me that 10 out of 'all the people', who made that effort to register their grievances, is only representive of 1% of all the people that pre-ordered and were dissapointed by the fashion of the 'release' (still waiting) I'll believe you at face value...

Yes Moon, perhaps you should read this quote from battlefront pre-order page it speaks for it’s self “those customers that use this option will be able to download the game prior to the April 19th release date” Maybe you can let us know if the DVD will ship today, if you please.

Dear guttersnipe,

I understand and agree with what you say but you have misunderstood what I said and what I was responding to.

What I was saying was the way some people have been complaining. I said "It is one thing to be unhappy and point out your disappointment it is a completely other thing to imply things like they haven't been working on it or caring because they are just sitting back counting the thousands rolling in or "point of law" "binding contract" silliness" So I said I agree with you that it is perfectly reasonable to voice your disappointment but doing it in rude and, lets face it, stupid ways doesn't accomplish anything and work on the communities nerves after a while. And it is an open forum and good open forums police themselves to keep things from getting out of hand. So as much as they might have theright to make outrageous claims I have a right to ask them to stop.

And what I was responding to was franz saying "If problems are explained promptly and concisely then 90% people will understand and not complain." I think if you stop and think about the probable numbers more than 90% are already not complaining and seem to be understanding. I used 1000 as an example. What would you guess the preorder sales were? I have no idea but I would be stunned if it were under 1000. And I understand what you mean about voters but that isn't a good example because voters didn't give the polls $45 for the right to vote and then not show up.

Love,

Elvis

Originally posted by dez1:

Yes Moon, perhaps you should read this quote from battlefront pre-order page it speaks for it’s self “those customers that use this option will be able to download the game prior to the April 19th release date” Maybe you can let us know if the DVD will ship today, if you please.

Unfortunately you might be in a bit of a pickle here. Yes it states you can download the game prior to the April 19th release date, but this could still be read as whoever pre-ordered will get it a couple of hours earlier before the general release date on April the 19th. So as long as we receive it before the general release on April the 19th then there is no foul.

"And I understand what you mean about voters but that isn't a good example because voters didn't give the polls $45 for the right to vote and then not show up. " - lol try living in the new 'Uber Tax' UK and then saying people havn't paid to vote. $45 isn't even ball park when people are looking to cream 40% of your total earnings - for the average voter, he/she's paying nearly $14,000 per anunum for the 'right not to vote' (and they have the cheek to suggest that non voters might even be fined for not exercising their 'democratic obligation' to vote...

Take your point about being quoted out of context .. noted & gracefully withdrawn. Happens to us all...

All that aside, surely even loyal fans would be rewarded by a simple 'sticky' explaining when downloads might reasonable be expected to start?

I've a good deal of patience - for 5 years I've waited for what was 'Wartime Command': and I've a healthy degree of admiration for BF for picking up something that Codemasters didn't feel competent enough to commision final publication for . . . however i still consider that a simple act of delcaration (and re-vised) of date will avoid all the unnesscary "right(s) to make outrageous claims"

if not quite love, then repsect,

The Snipe

[ April 18, 2007, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: guttersnipe ]

Dear Snipemiester,

I spite of high taxes I would wager if people were asked to write a seperate check for $45 a month before voting time for the right to vote turnout would be higher.

However, I have zero first hand information but what if they don't know yet? What if they have been working on something that they believe they could finish very quickly but don't want to post that until the know for sure? These guys have always been straight shooters and I suspect that when they have actual solid answers they will post them. I have been around here for a very very long time and treating their clients poorly is not their M.O. Better to hold off with actual information then throw guesses to the crowd at this point. Especially with pending litigation from dez1 (hee hee)

With love,

Elvis

Elvis - you could yet challenge Gordon Brown for the next PM with ideas like that ($45 a month?, that's like 8 pints mate!)(though i suspect peole won't read a 90+ page of voting instructions as closely as a manual for this game......

I'm an old CM (mark 1) hand myself, and have enjoyed all of the series - I just prefer to withhold the right to complain (but I do try to spare the whip (Rune seems to like it though, even the self=application variety.. smile.gif )

Best of British etc & look forward to seeing you online/ingame

the Snipe

Originally posted by guttersnipe:

"All that aside, surely even loyal fans would be rewarded by a simple 'sticky' explaining when downloads might reasonable be expected to start?

I've a good deal of patience - for 5 years I've waited for what was 'Wartime Command', and a degree of admiration for BF for picking up something that Codemasters didn't feel competent enough to commision publication for . . . a simple act of delcaration of date will avoid all the unnesscary "right(s) to make outrageous claims"

if not quite love, then repsect,

The Snipe

Guttersnipe, I suggest to you that when BF is confident about the download being available they will undoubtedly post that information. You might even consider that their post regarding preorders being available for download prior to April 19th is exactly what you asked for -- an explanation of "when downloads might reasonable be expected to start?" Yes, they've missed that, and yes, they probably could have provided better communication about what and why that happened. However, to assume that they know the date or time of release now and haven't posted I would suggest is wrong -- I doubt very much they want to annoy any one else by posting a date or time and then miss it again. When they know it will work, they'll post the info.

I'll admit I am a complete fanboy of BF, and you may assume that my post is a defense based on that. You're wrong. I'm a fanboy because BF has consistently released some of the most enjoyable computer games I have ever played. Furthermore, their customer service, communication, and fan interaction are vastly superior to any other organization I have dealt with in my life, regardless of industry. One of the things they seem exceptionally good at is learning from their mistakes. You can bet they will do things differently for any subsequent release.

I'm not saying you're wrong to be frustrated, annoyed, despairing -- however you would describe your reaction. I'm saying that from my experience with BF, you are better off giving them the benefit of the doubt than anything else, and you probably won't be disappointed. For what it's worth, they have yet to disappoint me.

Just want to counter the negative and say, thanks for fixing the bugs before releasing it.

I preordered, but recognize the value of that discount was getting to both download and get the dvd and manual delivered in the mail for $10 off. The early downloading thing is of marginal value. So you get the game hours before the rest of the world.... nice, but not exactly material.

Originally posted by Stug Downunder:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dez1:

Unfortunately you might be in a bit of a pickle here. Yes it states you can download the game prior to the April 19th release date, but this could still be read as whoever pre-ordered will get it a couple of hours earlier before the general release date on April the 19th. So as long as we receive it before the general release on April the 19th then there is no foul. </font>

i for one did not pre-order for the $10 off

it was to get the early download

they had 3 weeks to get the servers ready for the download.

if the game and every thing else was not ready then they should not have posted that on the 19th it will be out.

they still got 2 hours here before the 19th, but if it is not out then it was (misleading) to all of us.

there is not defense for that.

all these systems should have been checked welll before this time.

i liked cm, and then i saw this game and new i had to get it.

but ........

I preordered and have been checking, in what can only be described as, "obsessively".

That BF is taking a bit more time to try and sort out last minute problems is fine with me. Better to release a happy to go product than a buggy vein buster

I cant remember the last time I was waiting so excitedly for an arrival, oh that's right it was my daughter. And she didnt arrive early either.

My wife asked what I was doing checking the emails so often, so I told her my sorry tale, then she brought me a beer for me and told me to relax.