OT - Steel Fury Kharkov Alpha Demo OUT!

Tankbuster

OT, but related to all of our interests here in WWII armour PC gaming. For anyone wishing to drive and gun a T-34 at Kharkov this is your chance :D The Alpha, yes I said ALPHA, Demo is now out and can be downloaded at Steel Fury Demo Download

Filefront download link Filefront Demo Download

To install you only need to extract the archive in Part 1 then go to the Open folder and double click Starter. That will automatically unpack and install the demo. Note that changing the texture quality to High instead of the default Compressed in the Options screen causes a crash to desktop and you will need to install the demo again if this happens.

No screen antialiasing enabled in the demo, which might make the graphics look a bit ugly, but even so the development is looking good on this one. Plenty of interior detail, manual gunnery and sighting, manual driving all available in the demo.

For more info. and demo screens see the threads at SimHQ Turret Talk

and Steel Beasts Forum

[ January 20, 2007, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: Tankbuster ]

Originally posted by Redwolf:

So, is there any information available on this before you download?

I mean other that the appearance that the owners/fans of this game spam all kinds of random forums without even adjusting the link UBBcode tag style to the forum in question?

It a WWII tank simulator.

The game looks nice, but I'm not so much into tank sims.

It's questionable when fans from other game companies use this forum to push 'their' game.

But it's much more worse that we find on the TOW forum more news about other games than about TOW. That's at least a very unique marketing strategy...

I'm not a fan of this game (its only an alpha demo after all) or from another game company. I just thought fellow WWII armour gamers might be interested thats all :rolleyes: Just because I don't post here often does not mean that I am any the less interested in TOW, or any other Battlefront game, as the rest of you. If somebody wants to remove this thread because it offends them terribly thats fair enough.

I can't seem to run the demo, it opens and a screen showing "loadingl" or soemthing like that appeirs, i can ehar the music and even the mouse passing over menu options but I can't see ****. But well, I'm running Win Vista so who knows, may be soemthing to do with that.

Originally posted by track:

Really ackward controls. I simply just can't get all fuctions to my head. Really annoying. Fix this if you want to make something out of this game.

I asked them about the controls on the Graviteam (Ukrainian developer)Forums and they said all controls will be fully assignable to whatever key mapping you like in the full game. I agree that they are difficult to use in the demo.

I'm glad you feed us the info on this game its great and I'm looking foward to it, as I'm one of these guys that loves Combined Arms...By theway I liked the Demo it was fun and very challanging to learn the cntrls.. a little hard but would like to see a more control over the mouse its to lose when moving it around to look around and need to reverse it also.

[ January 20, 2007, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: Wolfseven ]

Agree about the controls. It will be nice to see how the final build on this will look like. I also noted that it was hard to tell if you were making good hits on distant targets. Can you switch between HE rounds? Do you have to be in the loader position to do this? For an Alpha this was pretty neat how they let people check it out so early in production. Thanks for the link, and also feel free to give any heads up on any game. Lord knows we will be waiting forever for this game to come out....lol. Also, on another note with tank sims. Hope that T-34vsTiger will be good.

Mike

Originally posted by zmoney:

I thought the game looked great. The only problem I had was for some reason my F2 and F3 buttons wouldn't work. So I had to drive the tank while I was looking through the gunners scope.

F2 takes you to the gunners position and F3 takes you to the Mg position. You can tell the driver which direction to drive with the 1-5 keys if you are not in the driver position, or with the arrow keys if you are the driver.

Full key controls are in the readme file which can be found in Open/Docs

Originally posted by Tankbuster:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by zmoney:

I thought the game looked great. The only problem I had was for some reason my F2 and F3 buttons wouldn't work. So I had to drive the tank while I was looking through the gunners scope.

F2 takes you to the gunners position and F3 takes you to the Mg position. You can tell the driver which direction to drive with the 1-5 keys if you are not in the driver position, or with the arrow keys if you are the driver.

Full key controls are in the readme file which can be found in Open/Docs </font>

Oh also I noticed when your shooting the gun and MG you hit bushes they dont pass through the sceenry. Whats the other ammo, theres only 5 rounds? Also the tank has a habit of spinning in a circle when you try to drive it. after about several mad pushes of the key it straightens out. Cant here the loader when hes anouncing ammo and unload and loaded...Somethign wrong with the sound. Can't see the enmey at night no {ir or flir} night vision was in the 40's? So there was flare's to see the enemy at night?

All in All I like the game the controls were not that hard if you print out the read me txt

very promising game.

I will definantly buy this one.

[ January 20, 2007, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Wolfseven ]