Russian release VS Battlefront release

unsobill

subj

what extra changes Battlefront will implement or they just waiting for 1c to make patch to release already patched Battlefront version. What exactly Battlefront working on, if they do, on code optimizing ? on interface ? on fonts and translating ? I'm owning russian version and I dont really see what Battlefront could do better in the game - its good as it is already... I'm sure there will be no "entering houses" features or any other big ones from Battlefront release - maybe changing values for distances and something similar ... shed some light here anyone from Battlefront ? If i'm wrong and Battlefront actually working on something - why the hell nobody said it on forum ... just bunch of ignorant sarcastic comments from some trash people.

Perhaps some of the changes/bug fixes 1C did for the Russian version were a result of some of BFC's testing. As far as I'm aware the main differences between the Russian release and the BFC distributed release are the translations and some historical fixes (and due to the difference in time between the releases - some bug fixes as well). It's possible that 1C has made some of those historical fixes based on BFC's testing/requests. Once BFC has received the program with all of the requested changes and translations in place, they'll get about to testing it again and at some point after that they'll release it if it has passed their testing (which will always be incomplete compared to having thousands of users playing it).

Some of the "major issues" that the Russian version has in regards to features, gameplay and limitations, will probably exist in the BFC released version. I highly doubt that 1C is making major coding changes in the program for the BFC version.

[ November 16, 2006, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

Translation is still going on. We got into a deal rather recently and these things take several months to accomplish. That alone is a reason why the game isn't out yet. In fact, it is impossible for it to be out until the translations are done. We're making a lot of progress, but again... these things take a LOT of time. Far more than customers think, that's for sure :D

While we are working on localization to English, 1C is working on code changes. What changes specifically? Well, we don't want to say yet because we don't want to promise something that we can't deliver. It could be that something we've requested will not be technically possible, even though in principle 1C and Battlefront have a single list that already has the "impossible/impractical" stuff removed. Meaning, there shouldn't be problems with the things they are working on, but sometimes things don't work because unexpected results or technical limitations are discovered at the last minute.

Therefore, at this point all I can say is that the translations are going well but are not complete. The game can not be released unitl these are done. At the same time 1C is making some requested changes and we won't know exactly what the results will be for a little while. Lastly, I can say that a Demo will be released before all of this stuff is finished. In other words, we won't make you wait on the demo any longer than is required to finish it.

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

{snip}

What changes specifically? Well, we don't want to say yet because we don't want to promise something that we can't deliver. It could be that something we've requested will not be technically possible, even though in principle 1C and Battlefront have a single list that already has the "impossible/impractical" stuff removed. Meaning, there shouldn't be problems with the things they are working on, but sometimes things don't work because unexpected results or technical limitations are discovered at the last minute.

Therefore, at this point all I can say is that the translations are going well but are not complete. The game can not be released unitl these are done. At the same time 1C is making some requested changes and we won't know exactly what the results will be for a little while.

{snip}

Steve

No no no, you're doing this all wrong.

From my experience of software development what you do is tell the client anything they want to hear while you get ready to release whatever you can at an arbitrary release date, while saying this was what was agreed, while working the devs until they're -><- this far from telling you to stick the ******* job and walking off the job/having a breakdown/being left by their partner/killing you.

I mean, how the hell do you expect to run a business like this?