any more russian opinions ?

franz

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Daimyo:

But this function does not always work because line of sight is blocked and it's very difficult to determine when a tank can see the target (in CM you could press L key to know that)..

So, when giving an attack order, you don't see if your unit has LOS to the target point? In CM or CC you could move the mouse around, and you saw what interrupts LOS to the point, the mouse is over. Seems an important feature to me.

The LOS thing is a bit frustrating. If there's no LOS after ordering the tank to fire at a target, it moves about 10 meters towards it, stops, checks if there's LOS and then again moves 10 meters. This continues until it finally can see the target. But then sometimes the tank starts making strange manoeuvres, so usually after the first shot I order my tanks to Hold position.

You're welcome Rollstoy. smile.gif

No mobile HMG teams. You can sometimes order HMG before the mission if it's defensive, but in the whole german campaign I've now completed if i remember right I came across only 1 HMG and that was american 12.7 mm in Ardennes mission. As you can see in the following video you can't move it. Artillery is just guns, no mortars or rockets (yet). In fact you have some on map artillery, like Brummbar, Wespe, Hummel, american 105 mm from the video, etc.

Daimyo, again praise to you for posting interesting comments and pics to keep us going until the game is released.

Great idea to post stuff on Youtube. Please anyone else put some clips on Youtube.

To summarise Daimyo, do you think this game is going to satisfy us Combat Mission junkies ?

Originally posted by franz:

To summarise Daimyo, do you think this game is going to satisfy us Combat Mission junkies ?

Well, I can only speak about the russian version and the answer would be "no". I can only name a few advantages of this game: good graphics and sound, many vehicles, I would say many missions and I guess the gameplay is immersing. However there are too much minuses: unrealistic penetration ranges and accuracy, unrealistic speeds, problems with LOS, AI is not great, not too much things you can do with tanks to name a few. I think and hope many of these things can be fixed in BFC version, but TOW won't be able to match CM when it comes to number of actions units can do.

Daymio, thanks for your comments on the game.

I have few questions - you sed that once your starting force gets wacked you get new forces and better tanks and once the second is wacked, then comes third with even more advanced tanks. So can you get these reinforcements without haveing to sacrafice your poor troops? Also i see from the screenshots that both sides manpower losses are ~100, but there are hardly more than 30 alive grunts at any time. Did you played with more infantry and how the game handless then, any slowdowns?