any more russian opinions ?

franz

Originally posted by Shabe.:

Daymio, thanks for your comments on the game.

I have few questions - you sed that once your starting force gets wacked you get new forces and better tanks and once the second is wacked, then comes third with even more advanced tanks. So can you get these reinforcements without haveing to sacrafice your poor troops? Also i see from the screenshots that both sides manpower losses are ~100, but there are hardly more than 30 alive grunts at any time. Did you played with more infantry and how the game handless then, any slowdowns?

You usually get reinforcements when you loose certain units. The tanks not always are better, sometimes they're the same. Also it depends on the map, in Polish campaign you get more infantry reinforcements than, let's say, german campaign. But generally you get reinforcements after losing your units (or when your infantry's morale drops and they start running away).

No slowdowns when there's more infantry on the map, it more depends on the map size and armoured units I guess. In the first US mission there's a lot of infantry but performance was the same.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daymo, thank you for sharing all of these facts. Right now I feel like saving my money for a more realistic WWII game - I have hoped for something closer to CC or CM.

Correct me if I'm wrong... a typical mission takes you about 20 - 30 minutes time. In the beginning you have a force mix of 2 to 10 tanks and maybe 30 infantry man. You manage to the initial break into the enemy lines, while using a few units. Then some scripted stuff kicks in like a counter attack or and air attack. You lose most of you stuff and afterwards get reinforcements. These reinforcements are barely enough to win - but usually you will do.

That sounds quite boring. In fact is sounds really boring. Or am I wrong? And -BTW- how difficult was it for you to suceed with that campaign.

Thanks in advance for your insights. smile.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong... a typical mission takes you about 20 - 30 minutes time. In the beginning you have a force mix of 2 to 10 tanks and maybe 30 infantry man. You manage to the initial break into the enemy lines, while using a few units. Then some scripted stuff kicks in like a counter attack or and air attack. You lose most of you stuff and afterwards get reinforcements. These reinforcements are barely enough to win - but usually you will do.

If am also very curious why there is no map/mission editor. Heavy relying on scripted actions might explain why the game environment is "closed".

Hope they at least release expansion packs like for Sturmovik. This game seems to be a mix of good elements and some not so good. Let's hope the end result will be enjoyable. Some unit choices and compositions seem a bit strange.

Might be just the selected battles?

Originally posted by Da Beginna:

Correct me if I'm wrong... a typical mission takes you about 20 - 30 minutes time. In the beginning you have a force mix of 2 to 10 tanks and maybe 30 infantry man.

That's about right, but initial force varies from mission to mission.

You manage to the initial break into the enemy lines, while using a few units. Then some scripted stuff kicks in like a counter attack or and air attack.
Counterattacks usually occur after an objective is completed. Like in the first US mission you have to destroy the attacking germans, then move into a town and destroy the remaining forces, the objective is completed then and a counterattack with tanks and numerous infantry begins. After destroyed that mission is completed. In other missions you maybe on the defensive at first and then counterattack yourself. And in polish missions you have to withstand wave after wave of german attacks.

You lose most of you stuff and afterwards get reinforcements. These reinforcements are barely enough to win - but usually you will do.
As I said earlier in the easier mission you may even not need the reinforcements to win but still get them. In Prokhorovka I had a huge armada of Tigers, StuGs and Pz.IVs. smile.gif

That sounds quite boring. In fact is sounds really boring. Or am I wrong?
It's definitely not boring, because you have to think to win. Just sometimes you notice how stupid some things are made in this russian version. For example for some reason tank battles in Normandy are totally unrealistic. Having 3 Tigers in Villers-Bocage I had to attack english column and then engage in battle with Cromwells. Tiger's inaccuracy and inability to penetrate Cromwell armor was ridiculous. And just now I completed second Allied mission where tank battle between my Cromwells, Churchills and german Pz.IV at less than 100 m ranges. Neither side was able to penetrate enemy tanks armor without firing at least 12 rounds (all the tanks combined).

And -BTW- how difficult was it for you to suceed with that campaign.
Most missions are of average difficuly, some, like Prokhorovka are very easy, and some, like Stalingrad, Wittman in Bocage, first US mission (paratroopers vs Pz.IVs) are quite hard and need several attempts to finish. And the last polish mission I was unable to complete for it is very hard. smile.gif

Originally posted by Sivodsi:

One thing I haven't read about with the Russian version is multiplayer. I gather that it hasn't been included in the initial release?

I realy hope the devs have MP netcode, balancing and stuff like that as least priority, since in the SP missions there seems to be ALOT to do.

From my limited MP experience with 1C games (SHOWW2, FOW) and the complains that TOW have slow downs even on high end machines, i'm almost sure what the MP will bring - BIG lag and alot of whinners, cheaters, and did i sed BIG LAG?

Possibly Lan games will be playable, but better don't get high hopes or you might get very dissapointed. FOW even claimed to handle up to 16 players and in the end even 2 player games were so lagy, especialy when plaing with the guys from Sibir :D .

Hopefully Battlefront takes all the time they need to bring the game to a standard that will please most people here. Listening to Daimyos reports -thanks again for sharing with us- I assume the Russian version would not be well appreciated here with the crowd.

If it is going to be next year spring or summer, fine with me.... I prefer to have a good game I will play for some years in 8 months from now than a sh!tty one before Christmas that will not see New Years Eve on my HD.

Uwe

So essentially he who throws away his troops in wild actions gets rewarded, where as he who looks after his troops gets nothing?

Coupled with the "counter attacks only after a certain objective is reached" this is starting to sound like an arcade game.

While it has been said it would not be a CM, I had been hoping for at least something that was closer to CM than not.

Thanks for the posts.

Originally posted by Teddy Bar:

So essentially he who throws away his troops in wild actions gets rewarded, where as he who looks after his troops gets nothing?

You misunderstood me. I meant to say that if you play good and don't lose many units, you may not even need the reinforcements, but sometimes still get them.

And about the multiplayer, you have to know the host's IP to join the game, because there's no browser, so I didn't get to play online.

I am sure that Battlefront is reading all these posts and taking everything on board. If they release the game without major renovation then they stand to be lambasted on these forums for months to come.

The Russian version sounds well below par and certainly not something that Battlefront would want to put their names to.

Look people, this game cannot be as bad as Squad Assult was. The camera's in that one were terrible as was adjusting anything involving your troops and where they go! I'm not sure how much BF.com can do, but it has got to be better than any of the games that have been out so far. Like FOW, Hero's etc. Those are real arcade games...and all are on super small maps. TOW, seems to at least have much bigger maps and the detail seems to be pretty good also. The thing that I didn't like about the CM games, was the soldiers loked like stick men and stopping after a minutes play (or so) was not fun for me. I want to stop play when I want to. Anything that play's like CC is alright with me...if that offends anyone...so be it! LOL!

Originally posted by Lanzfeld:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by copenwraith:

i hope the american version will be more realstic sounds like if it is it will be a awesome game i would love to wait longer for a more realstic game

:confused: :confused: :confused:

You have to learn to use a period! </font>

Originally posted by CoolColJ:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lanzfeld:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by copenwraith:

i hope the american version will be more realstic sounds like if it is it will be a awesome game i would love to wait longer for a more realstic game

:confused: :confused: :confused:

You have to learn to use a period! </font>

Okay, might as well post the website translation of changes in the Russian patch:

List of the changes:

- Are removed some errors in net game. Is added the file

of users \ mp.ini with the tuning. This file contains instructions on

the starting of net game.

- Is removed interference of application with the load of retention. Attention:

the retention, made during the battles, after renovation works

incorrectly and they will be transferred into the folder \ OF WWIIRTS \ Of backup. The [mezhmissionnye]

retention remains acting.

- Are corrected the errors of statistics.

- Is corrected the error of the not restorable formations with the reassignment

of hot key for the group of forces.

- Is corrected the error of cloning the names of soldiers with their transplantation from the place

to the place in the technology.

- Are corrected errors in the system of habits in soldiers.

- Are corrected some inaccuracies in the data on the technology.

- Are corrected [zamechenye] misprints.

- Are partially corrected pursuits.

- Are corrected [zamechenye] errors in missions (incorrect end

of mission, incorrect support and T.d.).

You people have no patience at all......

Let them do their work and they'll crank it out when they're finished. Other than that, get a life and find something more interesting to do than pester Admin with a looped question and get the same answer every time!

thstfuhand.gif

Let them do their work and they'll crank it out when they're finished
Lol. You reaaaallly think that what we type here makes a difference to what they're doing there? And what kind of comment is that to make with a sig quote such as yours? Think of all the evil that could be happening if we stop typing messages on this forum!

Presuming, of course that we are good people.