2 screenshots from the Russian version

CoolColJ

Looks like it got shot through the mantlet.

Interesting angle on the second picture - the armor skirt is almost invisible. Were they really as obliquely set as that?

Quick google reveals: http://www.pzfahrer.net/improve.html

http://wilk.wpk.p.lodz.pl/~whatfor/hetzer.htm

hmmmm... doesn't seem so.

Edited to add: unless they were knocked like that by the force of the explosion????

Holy C**p!!!

[ October 23, 2006, 04:35 AM: Message edited by: Sivodsi ]

If this game is already available in Russia can I ask why its not available now?

Call me daft, I know, but surely all the coding etc is already there and its a pure translation to English thing?

Feel free to berate me for my stupidity.

Originally posted by GSX:

If this game is already available in Russia can I ask why its not available now?

Call me daft, I know, but surely all the coding etc is already there and its a pure translation to English thing?

Feel free to berate me for my stupidity.

How about your reading skills? :D The BFC version will be much different (and presumably realistic) than the Russian version, check out Rune's latest posts in this forum.

Well, 1C is publishing the game themselves in Russia so they can do what they want there. Battlefront and their fanbase suggested a few improvements over the original version, a few of which are being implemented. We do'nt know what they will be but we hope for;

- realistic engagementranges for the tanks

- on map mortars

- tactical smoke

- enterable buildings

- the ability for the player to create adhoc defenses like sandbags, foxholes for infantry and guns

- CAS by the appropriate planes and not by twin-engined level bombers.

- maybe some changes regarding the use of abondoned enemy equipment

- maybe some more emphasis on infantry....

How about your reading skills? :D The BFC version will be much different (and presumably realistic) than the Russian version, check out Rune's latest posts in this forum.
Thanks for the info. I'd forgotten just how lovely it was to converse with you. I'm glad your not a condescending arse who has all day to read every message posted on this forum and berate others for perhaps missing it.

Oh and for your information, no game will ever be realistic as its not REAL.

And I wondered why I didnt come here very often.

Originally posted by Sickie:

Well, 1C is publishing the game themselves in Russia so they can do what they want there. Battlefront and their fanbase suggested a few improvements over the original version, a few of which are being implemented. We do'nt know what they will be but we hope for;

- realistic engagementranges for the tanks

- on map mortars

- tactical smoke

- enterable buildings

- the ability for the player to create adhoc defenses like sandbags, foxholes for infantry and guns

- CAS by the appropriate planes and not by twin-engined level bombers.

- maybe some changes regarding the use of abondoned enemy equipment

- maybe some more emphasis on infantry....

Thanks for that information friend.

Originally posted by GSX:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />How about your reading skills? :D The BFC version will be much different (and presumably realistic) than the Russian version, check out Rune's latest posts in this forum.

Thanks for the info. I'd forgotten just how lovely it was to converse with you. I'm glad your not a condescending arse who has all day to read every message posted on this forum and berate others for perhaps missing it.

Oh and for your information, no game will ever be realistic as its not REAL.

And I wondered why I didnt come here very often. </font>

About the obliquely-set track skirts. What's your bet that when the Hetzer got K.O.'d that the impact jarred the skirts loose? It'd be reasonable to expect that they'd alter something on a K.O'd vehicle to make it easier to identify as dead.

Either that or we've caught an initial release bug! Just a guess on my part. :D

The ability to enter buildings was ruled out by 1C months ago, so that for sure isn't going to happen. How about for a future release? Nobody knows that answer, including 1C, so it's not even worth discussing at this point.

Ad hoc defenses isn't even on our priority list at this point, but perhaps it could be introduced later. However, like my previous point... nobody is talking about the future at the moment so all bets are off.

Oh, and the game still isn't translated into English or any other non-Russian language. So yeah, that alone is keeping it out of your hands. It is not a small effort. That's why localization is often done after the initial release in a single primary language.

Steve

No sweat;

FiringSquad: What other unique game play elements will be important in Theatre of War?

David Philippov: Unique damage system. Type, caliber and speed of a projectile, hit angle, armor thickness – everything makes difference. Then secondary damage, caused by shock wave and fragments spreading within the vehicle, is calculated taking into account the location of the crew members. Unit models are dynamically modified to accurately represent damage, so looking at a hole in the side of a tank you will be able to tell not only the exact hit location, but also a type and caliber of the projectile.

http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=12076

[ October 25, 2006, 05:21 AM: Message edited by: Sickie ]

Originally posted by CoolColJ:

a screenshot showing penetration holes

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/4118/3434ni1.jpg

also note the range in the stats at the bottom - 2000m smile.gif

Now THAT is sweet. Does the "red" colored treads mean that the treads are off, or does it just mean that the engine is destroyed? I don't see any graphical representation of an engine there...so to show a blown engine maybe both tracks are turned red?

Originally posted by iplaygames2:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by CoolColJ:

a screenshot showing penetration holes

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/4118/3434ni1.jpg

also note the range in the stats at the bottom - 2000m smile.gif

Now THAT is sweet. Does the "red" colored treads mean that the treads are off, or does it just mean that the engine is destroyed? I don't see any graphical representation of an engine there...so to show a blown engine maybe both tracks are turned red? </font>