Nobody's mentioned the latest BFC blog entry yet?

MikeyD

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, its one of two ads they had up.

I wouldn't call it awful. It's good enough to get people curious about the game. It'd be enough to make me curious! The bombs are an excuse for showing an overhead view of the terrain.

I'd like to see a big subead shouting "FROM THE MAKERS OF IL-2" or "THE ULTIMATE TACTICAL COMBAT SIM". You shouldn't assume people are going to bother to read the body copy ;)

Originally posted by CoolColJ:

ugh attack of the grogs...

where?

I didnt see any.

or do you think that pointing out the fact that

a picture showing an air attack onto a town that would be better fitting to advertise IL-2 itself,

to advertise for a ground combat game with tanks

and infantry that is intentionally set outside villages because the troops cant even enter buildings,

is maybe a bit misleading

is an attack of the grogs?

btw, on a second look, judging from the general layout, shape and the fin assembly I am now fairly sure this is US ordnance, IOW these are definitely american bombs. probably either AN-M58A2 or AN-M59A1 SAP bombs.

The fin assembly has me puzzled a bit. The lack of the usual AN-M101A2 or any other (M113A1, M116 or M114A1, M117) tail fuzes would indicate a nose fuze which would be more typical for an AN-M57A1 or AN-M64A1 GP bomb, yet the body shape seems more like a AN-M58A2 or AN-M59A1 SAP bomb.

Originally posted by Hitori Kyo:

indeed that tank is a odd any takers to its model ?

Thats easy! It's a Panthsher.

The Panthsher was a joint WWII US-German project drawn up to design a top secret "combo-tank".

Essentially, the idea behind this was to make it easy for any normal grunt on either side who just happened to stumble upon an unmanned one, to immediately feel right at home with it and that they, with a few friends, would easily be able to start using it effectively on the battlefield.

[ October 06, 2006, 01:08 AM: Message edited by: Manx ]

Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

its awful.

those are obviously allied bombs dropped in a chain by a US (maybe UK) multi-engine bomber.

the only connection this has to ToW is that ToW has the fault of showing bombers in a direct CAS role at almost nap-of-earth altitude.

lol, talk about overstating your case, jeebus. you spotted a technical mistake, that possibly 1 in 1500 players would notice.

congratulations. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Der Heinz:

you spotted a technical mistake, that possibly 1 in 1500 players would notice.

congratulations. :rolleyes:

Hey, that sounds like a great excuse, Heinie. I bet we can use it for everything that is done incorrectly in this game.

Q "Hey those german tanks shouldn't actually be blue, should they?"

A "congratulations. you spotted a technical mistake, that possibly 1 in 1500 players would notice."