Congratulations BFC!

WineCape

Thanks WineCape! The synergy and cooperation between our team and the 1C team already is great. This promises good times ahead, the winners of which will be first of all you guys, the players!

Martin

Congratulations from me too!

I must say that the congratulations are really for us hard core gamers! I've been fearing that some crappy publisher was going to pick this one up and dumb it down to try to improve sales to teenagers... I've been following it since the Codemasters days and remember all the forum discussions over there regarding the desire for a WEGO mode, the 1x1 km map size etc... I guess it will all start here again smile.gif

/Mazex

(faints dead away, revives, levitates in wargamerly bliss, spontaneously combusts, etc.)

BFC,

Am speechless!!! Fortunately, I need only be able to type at present! If it plays anywhere nearly as well as it looks (fantastic), then you'll finally be able to afford a second full time programmer. Who knows what we might see then? I hope you sell a zillion copies! Frankly, I don't see how you can avoid having a huge hit. Looks as though all sorts of groggy things are doable now, to include squashing infantry and ATGs. Tactical detail and attendant possibilities, in all those lovely theaters of war, seem nothing short of phenomenal. The sense of dynamism is palpable!

Would've been nice to get a three way OS option a la DropTeam (PC/MAC/LINUX), but failing that, I'd like to know whether there'll be console versions

and whether in person split screen cooperative and head to head (a la HALO 2) will be implemented.

Hope so!.

Don't know how you pulled off this publishing coup, but congratulations!!!

Regards,

John Kettler

Congratulations indeed. This is, without a doubt, a high profile game with a potentially mass-market appeal. A real feather in the cap for BFC to publish it.

RTS really isn't my thing, I don't think my mindset is equipped to cope with it, but I'll follow ToW's development with interest and, who knows, perhaps I'll be a convert in time.

Jim, if the game could convert me (well, at least halfway - I still won't touch other RTS), it will convert you, too smile.gif

Not sure how they do it, but with some inventive scripting in the missions the game's pace seems to actually adapt somewhat to your play style. There is no mission timer, so you can take just as long as you like to take all objectives, prepare for counterattacks etc. Missions can really swing back and forth, and many of the campaign missions will extend well beyond one hour play time (you can, of course, save in the meantime). There is very little of the "click now, faster, now click here" that other RTS games seem to do to catch the short attention span of kids.

Of course there are SOME missions where acting quick pays off, like when you only have a short time before a counterattack starts, and these are the times when you might want to pause usually, check the situation, issue orders, but overall this is the first and only RTS where I didn't feel rushed at all. The pace and flow reminds a lot of CMBO in fact.

John, too early to tell if coop will be included. It's not on the original feature list, but we've only started now. Other platform versions are possible but no firm plans at the moment.

Martin

Man, they did it again.

Let me say it too, congratulations for securing that title. It looks immensely promising and I can't wait to see it.

Kudos to battlefront for making it happen.

I knew it though. tongue.gif

Question: can I mod the interface ? ;)

Originally posted by Tarkus:

Question: can I mod the interface ? ;)

Ha! I'm still running CMBB/CMAK on your excellent UI mods Tarkus. Given what Matt has said so far about modability, ToW has a good chance of being able to do just that.

[ July 28, 2006, 04:53 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Congrats and I am nearly converted.

I like Jim am a bit old in the tooth but the pause feature seems to be the Dogs B's so will give this a go and might even pull Jim and Andreas into it as well.

Guys just think of the fun we could have. I just need to upgrade my PC and I think her indoors might like a new video card.

;)

H

Originally posted by Jack Carr:

Yes, congrats! I will be purchasing this game when it becomes available and upgrading my machine in order to play it if necessary. The graphics look great!

Indeed. It will be remarquable timing for both CM:SF AND ToW.

First of all, a big congratts. I , like a few others here it seems, have been following this game for a few years. Earlier the cool screenshots have popped up on different sites only to have news of the game fade away after some time.

I remember a guy at (I think it was a codemasters site) who used to drop us a few nuggets here and there on their forum but after a while that stopped too.

This has made me a little cautious about this game. Why haven't other publishers stayed with the game to the end?

Well now that I hear you guys vouch that this game is the next big thing I feel more secure.

Good luck guys !

//Salkin

KUDOS to BFC for taking this game in !

I hope the game will prove a commercial success for BFC... :D

It appears that the scope is smaller than in CMBB, the amount of troops in a battle is less, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing... It's just different. smile.gif

Awaiting for the demo... smile.gif