Exapnded Custom Scenario

Difool:

I have just updated the Axis AI scripts with Normal Dude's now and made all of the adjustments. The ones you are using right now are the plain jane ones from patch 2. The next update to cmmods will have them. I hope for Edwin's Allied AI scripts soon.

The starting OOB for Italy in East Africa was over 250,000 Italian and Abyssinian troops in 1939 so I think that the scenario is well balanced. Remember, I have adjusted attack values for Italian troops downwards to represent their lack of quality, leadership and overall battle worthiness in WW2.

Regarding the error, please email me a saved game file so that I can have Hubert look at it.

Major:

I will get that script in there soon. I also have to fix the Bessarabia annexation script as it triggered even after Germany had conquered most of Southern Russia in my latest game. It may be a problem with the limitations of the script.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Honch:

There was no need to do the extra work of adding the Southern half of Africa when little to nothing happened down there.

The port facilities in Sth Africa were sufficient to enable HMS Valliant to be repaired there after being "Sunk" by Italian frogmen in Alexandria harbour.

I have now added all of India, Burma, Ceylon and the Western parts of China which will have to be Neutral for now as I have no more country slots.

Thats as far East as I can go using my current scale. I woudln't really want to include much else of the Eastern theatre as it would involve ALOT more work and I would need several more country slots. My passion is for the European Theatre, not the Pacific.

I will fill out the terrain, British/Indian OOB for 1939 and then the Japanese entry scripts tomorrow.

Stay tuned.

After that, its all I can do until we get more robust AI and Event scripts with the new parameters that myself, Edwin, Normal Dude and a few others have asked for.

When Greece was taken, Bulgaria got Macedon so you should add edessa to Bulgaria. It ment the whole northern coast and modernday Macedon. Italy got the coast of Yugoslavia and whole of Greece. Also you should add the event "General Vlasov betrays his country" and let one USSR corps in the north dissapear and reapear as a german one.

Vlassov didn't take troops wikth him - he was a POW who recruited troops out of the camps and from the captured areas - sure have the option of raising an allied Corps as the "Russian Liberation Army", but it shouldn't cost the USSR anythng.

And they don't get it until 1945 - Vlassov was a propaganda coup, but was not allowed to arganise any troops until February 1945!!

Update as of June 21, 2006, my 36th birthday:

Siam and Burma are mapped and terrained. The OOB is done and the only thing left is the terraining of India. Event scripts have been added for Indian partisans, Chindit attacks and the Calcutta-Bombay-Liverpool Indian convoy.

Siam starts the campaign as Japanese controlled/occupied with activation in December 1941. Bangkok represents the capital and supply source for Japanese units.

Extreme South West China with the city of Kunming is US controlled. (Again, a compromise since I am short on country slots)

The Japanese "Burma" fleet is positioned in Bangkok and the British "India" fleet is scattered throughout Indian ports and in Ceylon.

It should be a good add-on to the East African and Middle East theatres that I have added to the original campaign.

I do have room to add China as a full participant, French Indo-China, Malaya, Dutch East Indies and the rest of Siberia once we have more country slots and I have more time.

I want to exclude as much of the direct US-Japanese conflict though and will focus on the conflict between UK and Japan, USSR and Japan in 1945 and maybe China-Japan other than just Burma.

Gérard: that´s only partly true. It´s not the whole coast that went to Italy. Look at the map I posted on page 2. Anyway, Croatia also got Bosnia, so that´s quite a bit larger than modern day Croatia. I have other WW2 maps (in printed form) showing the same facts. As for Greece: we have to distinguish occupied from annexed parts - so Dave got it right (as far as one can do it with respect to the map limitations).