Exapnded Custom Scenario

OK, its done. My updated "Honch Custom Scenario" will be posted on CMMods in an hour or two. It includes:

1. Addition of the atomic bomb as a tech. (replacing rockets)

2. Addition of minor cities as a terrain tile with same values as forest.

3. Addition of Venezuela, India, Belgium and Netherlands (separated), French-West Africa, Morocco, Algeria, South Africa, French Equatorial Africa, Nigeria, Gold Coast, Palestine/Trans-Jordan, Anglo-Egypt Sudan, Kenya, Madagascar, Free France, Afghanistan, British Somaliland, Italian East Africa, French Somaliland, Liberia, Portugese Guinea, Aden Protectorate, Japan (off-map hex) and a few others.

4. Tweaking of various attack/defense values, build costs and times, tech levels and costs, DOW scripts etc. SS are not as effective against capital ships but harder to hit. USSR, Italian and most minor infantry starts off with weaker attack. Amphib action points reduced for all except UK/USA. More historical free unit arrivals, eg. Patton, Eisenhower, Manstein, Rommel, Montgomery, US lend lease DD to UK, De Gaulle, Leclerc, Free French units, Free Poles in Egypt, Tito, etc. etc.

5. Addition of post-surrender Soviet partisans, German surface raider capability, Japanese option of garrisoning Madagascar, creation of Free France as a nation, free Polish, Greek, Belgian and Dutch scripts, Indian and Venezuelan convoys, transfer of UK government to Halifax instead of Alexandria and others.

6. Historical German flags.

Warning: The AI has not been changed as I await the first patch. So if you play as the Axis do not expect a US or UK Torch, Anvil or D-Day.

Please everyone, give it a try.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just noticed that the German NATO military flag is working but not the fancy contoured flag, not a big deal but I will fix it when I get a chance. Also, I had to make some changes to the Algerian,Moroccan and French-West Africa garrison scripts, again minor and I will fix soon.

Changes as of 9:19 PST:

1. German flag and HQ flag changed to historical swastika. (If you don't like it, don't download it)

2. De Gaulle activation of Free French army, armor and HQ Leclerc date corrected.

3. Morrocco, Algeria and French-West Africa garrison activation corrected.

4. Free French HQ flag corrected.

Let me know if you see anything else.

Honch, I noticed that Germany's MPP income fluctuated up to 400 something after france but then dropped to 131. I think it is a a bug if your change the industrial modifier in the game. I will check the editor to see the settings. (It was like that with your first mod too)but greaaaat mod. A lot of thing to keep track of and it is not simple to roll over the AI as before. The middle east is a fight!

aesopo:

1. The swedish convoys only work after Sweden reaches 25% activation. I made no changes here.

2. The game turns are seasonal and simultaneous with 14 day normalization. This means that turns in summer are 1 week with 50% MPP production. Fall and Winter are 2 weeks with normal MPP production and Winter is 1 month with double MPP production.

3. If you MPPs shot up after the fall of France maybe its because of plunder as well?

Honch, normally I dont bother to post in forums but just lurk and read. But I am compelled to say nice work on this mod. It has revitalized my interest in this game (I started to loose faith while waiting for this next patch). I am a long time wargamer and we are now playing your mod extensively. Good job!

I have added Kursk, a couple of other Russian cities and will add Petrozavodsk. I also want to add UK bombers for sub spotting in Freetown and US bombers for sub spotting in Caracas or Puerto Rico. I will post the updated scenario tomorrow.

A truly great mod i must say, I enjoy it very much so far. Im in april 1940, the ow countries has fallen and i'm ready to strike at France. One thing i did notice and struck me as odd was a message text stating free polish corps or something contribute to the defence of the middle east. The Poles didnt come in force to the middle east before August 1942 when general Anders evacuated the remnants of the polish army in the USSR. In late 1939 when the event took place most of the polsih armed forces were in POW camps in German occupied territory or the USSR.