Exapnded Custom Scenario

Just in case this wasn´t already answered: Thais join axis at december 21, 1941 thereby declaring war on the Allies. However they were invaded by Japan about two weeks before and then sort of persuaded to do this (facing the alternative to just be occupied).

An existing country like Switzerland should not go off the map. I would rather combine two Vichy colonies to free a slot for China.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question for everyone:

In recent games without house rules, the neutral Italians have put naval blockades across the central med not allowing UK or French ships to pass through. I was thinking of adding a script to increase Greek and Yugo activation to Allies if the Italians have alot of ships near Crete/Greece etc. Would this be a fair compromise?

Kuni:

Oh well, I will try and think of another solution.

Major:

Sorry, the Swiss gotta go. There is no way for me to get rid of Vichy French-West Africa. If I combine it with Algeria or Morrocco and the Free French try and take Dakar as they did in the war it will activate all of Morrocco or Algeria along with it. This is not realistic. I need to keep these colonies independent. (I may be able to merge Morroco and Algeria into Vichy North Africa though, let me mull this over) The Swiss just don't play as important a role in my campaigns to justify a country slot. I will definately add them back if Hubert gives us more slots in the future. I also want to add Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania back in as minors, make Siam, Communist China and South Africa minors and maybe add off-map tiles for Australia and New Zealand.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I'm done.

Version 5 of my Expanded Scenario will be uploaded to cmmods today:

It includes:

1. Theatres of War: North America in the West to Siam and Vladivostok in the East. Iceland in the North to South Africa in the South.

2. Historical OOBs. (Based on WIF OOBs)

3. Addition of minor cities as a terrain type.

4. Many more historical events such as creation of the Reich "puppet" states, Waffen SS, Hitler Youth, Volksgrenadiers and British Home Guard militias, Warsaw uprising, Brazil corps, Chindits, Free Greek, Free French and Free Poles, Axis surface raiders, Vienna Conference territorial annexations and many more.

5. The Atomic Bomb.

6. Adjustements to research, production delays and unit attributes to give historical balance.

7. Addition of more countries, ports and cities.

8. Timskorn's and Normal Dude's AI scripts.

...and much more.

The problem was twofold:

1. I replaced the rockets tech with the atomic bomb. Even at level 0 you can build a rocket. I needed to model the system so that it took alot of time and mpps to get a bomb. You shouldn't be able to build one if you are level 0.

2. At level one, if you drop a bomb on a resource, there is only a 10% chance that any unit also in the tile would see damage, that was not realistic.

Therefore, I gave everyone level 5 bomb tech which would maximize the damage to units and resources in any tile that was hit.

I then changed the MPPs required to build the bomb and the production delay to represent the research of the bomb.

Only the USA can realistically build one or more before 1945. Germany, the UK and USSR have an outside chance if they seriously damage their war effort.

It works well.

In the next version I will do the following:

1. Currently, a gamey option for the Allies is to DOW Japan early, capture Chiang-Rai and prevent the arrival of Japanese troops via script. I will change the script to make Japan occupy Siam as soon as Allied troops cross into Siam.

2. Combine Algeria and Morrocco into French North Africa to free up a country slot to put Switzerland back in or add Brazil or Abyssinia as a minor.

3. Further adjust starting tech levels, unit attributes, production queues etc., as required for balance.

All comments and ideas are SERIOUSLY considered.

PvP game vs. my friend, each playing both sides, so far a couple of things have cropped up:

1) Diplo hasn't changed. The % should probably drop in half, the cost doubled, or both. We have had no problem maxing out our diplo chit as Allies, and we have been putting them into USA and USSR.

2) The Commonwealth has more manpower than Germany. Yes, most of those corps do start understength, but they all can be full strength by the time Italy enters the war.

So, we both are in agreement that France and Britain have too much money. Will keep playing around with it.

Oh, US and Britain have IW max of 5, intentional or oversite? Britain can get IW4 no problem in 1940.

I think the map needs some more work.

As a Canadian I cannot understand why there is an "ice sheet" across the NW corner of the map. During slow times, I like to run my Canadian cruiser around Baffin Island to demonstrate Canadian sovereignty. I remember that there was some gamey purpose to this, but couldn't you use the centre of Africa or Siberia for this purpose?

Secondly, as an "old Africa hand" I am deeply bugged by Madagascar being modeled as an enclave on the African continent. I have moved it out into the Indian Ocean -- modding only the northern tip

A couple of spelling corrections: Djibouti, capital of then French Somaliland, Abidjan in French West Africa.

The port for Accra should be Tema -- Accra has a beach, but no port. Tem is some 30 or 40 Km to the east.

Since you are using city names along the African coast, note that Gambia was a colony, the capital city (since 1973: Banjul) was called Bathurst, named after an otherwise forgettable British Foreign Secretary.

I have made so many changes to the Ver 4 map, that I am unable to update to Ver 5.

However in the longer run the F&F map appears to offer a more promising product, when it finally comes out.

According to the reference I was using, it was spelled Jubuti in WW2. I will correct the name of the Gambian capital.

The "ice sheet" was added to originally add an off map tile that I decided not to add after all. Its not an issue.

Madagascar is fine abstracted where it is.

Gorgin: FYI, my "mod" is not a "product". Its a personal mod that I am happy to share with everyone here. You are more than welcome to pay me for it though, whether you consider it "promising" or not.

Note: I am also Canadian.

Scook:

I like your idea of adjusting diplomacy (which I am still hoping for in the next patch) so I will include it in V6.

With all of its colonies, the UK definately had more manpower to draw from. I don't see a need to change anything. The Indian, Egyptian and Palestine corps are not only under-strength but their attack values are reduced as well.

I have played numerous games and the UK and French mpp levels seem to have good balance. Is there something happening in your games that seems unrealistic?

I don't think that any techs can be greater than 5, am I wrong?

I am Canadian as well,...and at this particular time in history,...i am very thankful to be so!.

Hello Honch !, good to see you back here!. I just wanted to do a reminder on the 'War of Middle Earth' link. I have added many more pictures, though ive had considerable difficulty in finding representations for Forts, settlements, Towers etc, however...i do have a few and some contributed by Fartknock3r !.

Maybey at this time it's not a convenient time to do this project, but that's ok!...i will just continue to add to what is already there and hope that it might eventually be useful!.

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=59;t=000144;p=1

Here's but a sample!.

completedsauron.jpg

SAURON

@Honch,

You have both British and USA IW levels set to go as high as 5, everyone else is can go to level 3. In the original game, it is set to level 3 for everyone max.

British corps: I see my friend take every corps in India (except maybe 2) and bring them to Africa. Makes short work of Ethiopia, then Iraq, Iran, Turkey, then draw a line to Berlin from there. They may have a lesser attack, but there about 15 of them, and they have IW4. Not enough Germans to go around.

The money, well, I will keep playing. We have had enough MPP to drop into max diplo chits for USSR and USA using both Britain and France by February 1940.

This is rather an extreme case, but I think this extreme is a bit too far out. We will keep playing 'em and see, but I can see this being repeated.

Don't get me wrong, I think your mod has a lot of positives, just need to keep fine tuning it. I haven't made it far enough as Axis to see if I can punish Britain for de-nuding his entire East.

My fixes to the Japanese units in Siam should punish the British for abandoning India.

Also, if Britian moves units from East Africa, Italy can scoop up all of those cities.

I didn't realize that I had changed the IW max, I will change it back.

Thanks for the comments.