Exapnded Custom Scenario

I posted this in the general forum, too, but as I don´t know whether it will be officially addressed:

1) If France is liberated, then Free French units (including ships) should become French units.

2) If France is liberated and then Vichy is defeated, Vichy should be annexed by France via event. (Should also work the other way around, though, i.e. if Vichy is defeated first.)

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I have finished the next version and will upload it tomorrow. It includes Croatia AND Slovakia, Macedonia to Bulgaria, Transylvania to Hungary, Alsace to Germany and Nice to France. I have added Rhodes. I also added some units to the starting OOBs, particularly some air units.

Give me some time to get the other ones in there.

Dave.

it ain't dutch Guyana but suriname and the Netherlands didn't had any troops there for al the kolonial soldiers and ships were fighting against Japan in East Indian Netherlands. So I would ad the event Dutch Indonesia tributes to Alied war effort in Europe. And let two corps of dutch units appear in 1942 (one in UK and the other in afrika). Also I would add an event of Spain forces joining german ones in Russia (Bleu Legion) and a waffen SS corps formed in Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, France and Norway to help Germany fight against Bolsjewism. And if you would add Croatia, you should also add ukrain and Bellorus as German Puppets. Same as Vichy.

Originally posted by Honch:

OK, I have finished the next version and will upload it tomorrow. It includes Croatia AND Slovakia, Macedonia to Bulgaria, Transylvania to Hungary, Alsace to Germany and Nice to France. I have added Rhodes. I also added some units to the starting OOBs, particularly some air units.

Give me some time to get the other ones in there.

Dave.

Great looking forward to see your slovakian flag.

Looking forward to the new version here. smile.gif I think that the logical next step of evolution for this mod would be to focus on the incorporation of the new AI scripts.

@Gerard: I think Reichskommisariate like Belarus and Ukraine don´t really qualify as minor allies/puppet states. They were rather a certain form of administration of occupied regions.

Right now I have simply used the Czech flag as the Slovakian one. Can anyone post what the Slovakian one looked like in WW2?

I have already added the Blue Legion and the Volksgrenadiers (Basically the German Home Guard).

I was planning on adding Dutch, Belgian, Norwegian, Ukrainian and Danish SS corps soon.

Script limitations make it difficult to add everything that should be added, especially the reversal of annexations after re-conquest. That may have to be left out for now.

Major....Can you email me the AIs that you think should be added?

dhucul@ipcburnaby.com

Dave:

1) The Slovakian Flag from 39-45 was just standard White/Blue/Red!

2) I do not have the scripts myself - as I was playing your scenario lately, I had no additional spare time to test Normal Dude´s scripts, which are currently tailored to suit the standard map. I nevertheless followed the discussions in the AI-threads and honestly believe that these scripts are a major step forward. I gather that the whole batch of them should be used as they provide something like a balanced "whole". As Normal Dude wrote on page 2 of THIS very thread, it seems that they can be adapted to your scenario rather easily as just the parts referring to tiles have to be suitably changed (I do not know how tedious this would be, though.) To be sure, these scripts do obviously not cover things like the handling of Ethiopia, but this could be added later still.

Perhaps you should leave the Danish SS corps out. Throughout the war only about 6000 Danish volunteers fought for the Waffen SS, hardly enough to warrant the addition of a Danish SS corps.

Most of these were organised in "Frikorps Danmark". The first Danish volunteers served in division Wiking (about 500). The freikorps first saw action in May 1942 in the Demjansk "Kessel", but in May 1943 it was dissolved mostly due to the logics of war demanding larger formations and so Frikorps Danmark was transferred to the newly formed SS Divison Norland where they fought under their new name 24. SS Panzergrenaderregiment Danmark.

Thanks Preusse, done.

If Normal Dude would be so kind as to email me the scripts, that would be great.

All of the annexations are updated according to the map you posted Major.

I have updated to patch V1.02 and uploading CMMods right now.

Please give it a whirl guys.

Honch,

Once I have the scripts working well enough for general release, I'd be happy to convert them to your scenario. Tell me this, have you moved the map's starting position at the North-West corner, or have you merely expanded south and east? If so, the X,Y coordinates will not even have to be changed.

The scripts will not be ready until some editor, naval, and scripting patches are made.

Great job once again Honch! There were only 2 things I had problems with in this scenario.

1-The German Bomber. It was able to reduce paris to 30 efficiency. And my AF couldnt do anything about it. Which brings me to this point-

2-No French HQ. Considering the French dont have a HQ, when the German Bomber Kept Bombing Paris, my units didnt have any supply and couldnt be reinforced past 5, even on the Maginot line. It pissed me off so much. ><

Well those are the only problems I have, but still, this is a great scenario!

Working on for version 4:

1. How to get the Volksgrendier and British Home Guard activations working. Right now they will not trigger in friendly home tiles, only enemy controlled ones. To simulate low-level garrison and territorial type infantry I was thinking of the possibility of reducing the German and UK infantry base values to those of partisans. I would then change the on map infantry to higher tech levels to bring them back to their starting OOB values. This would allow garrison type troops to be purchased.

2. Addition of a few more historical naval units to the starting OOB and the production queues.

3. Port of Le Havre.

4. French HQ to the production queue for early 1940. (Thanks Fart....)

5. German annexation of the Polish General Governement territory upon conquest of Eastern Poland. I don't think that any territorial changes regarding Ostland (Baltic States) or Ukraine will happen as this will affect USSR Partisan triggering.

Dave.

Additional Update as of 11:21 PST.

1. Volksgrenadiers will now arrive as 5 pt corps for Germany in late 1939 and as a very small chance of partisans after invasion of Germany.

2. British Home Guard will activate as partisans in the UK if the Axis leave any cities unoccupied during Sealion.(or afterwards)

3. St. Johns changed back to a city to allow Canadian naval builds after UK moves their government to Halifax.

4. Afghan Mujahadeen partisans.

5. Added Kandahar, port of Le Havre, port of Stettin.

6. German HQ Guderian arrives in 1940.

7. Fixed the Atomic Bomb tech to create maximum damage. US gets a bomb in November 1945. The purchase cost and production delay will now represent the research and development required.

8. Hitler Youth corps arrives when Berlin is threatened.

9. Fixed the Japanese entry and seizure of Diego Suarez scripts.

10. Crete goes to UK after fall of Athens, allowing transport of UK units there instead of need for amphib. Also allows for Greek free units on Crete.

OK, Version 3 is uploaded.

I added a Croatian militia, a Brazilian corps in 1944 and a few other adjustments.

Working on for version 4 (just figuring out how to do it):

1. Annexation of Eastern Poland by Germany as the Polish General Government after they conquer it.

2. Announcement of creation of Ostland and Ukraine Reichskommiserats (sic?) after capture of Kiev and Riga respectively.

3. Reduction in strength of a couple of German corps in the West in the starting OOB.

4. Adjustment to the placement of minor AFs so that Germany has the option of defeating them in the first turn of invasions. (As they did in Yugoslavia, Poland and Greece)

5. Some other minor adjustments.

Stay tuned!