Exapnded Custom Scenario

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Gorgin:

Thrawn's MOD is the new STANDARD !!

While your enthusiasm for Thrawn's mod is nice, I find it a bit tasteless to reign on someone elses parade. People do have lives outside a mod, and they have no obligation to post an update at any time. I'm just trying to offer Honch some friendly support, and it'd be nice if the some individuals had a bit more tact. It's not a competition after all.

Yep, life beyond SC2 has gotten in the way, sorry. THe MOD is done but it is in beta version 1.06 (widescreen support) and Hubert advises that it could cause problems with users of 1.05.

I got a new 32 inch TV monitor for Xmas so I couldn't resist going to 1.06.

I hope that 1.06 will be readily available to everyone soon and I will post immediately.

I encourage everyone to use Thrawn's MOD for now. Once patch 1.06 is up and my MOD re-posted I think that everyone will love the changes.

hey guys calm down :)

we play and we mod just for fun.

anyway many ideas in my mod are based on Honch's great Mod,

and modding needs time (example: atm i am updating my mod to a better scaled america - tons of work ... trust me) so stay fair - modding is a work FOR the gamer community and not against :)

Regards Thrawn

I don't recall when I received my last paycheque for spending so many hours on my mods. So if you can't live without my mod and need to continually criticize my schedule, see ya.

My MOD was done when promised and I tried to explain that it is simply not posted due to it being 1.06.

Sometimes Thrawn, the grief that we get from the small minority almost makes it not worth it. I don't know about you but it almost makes me want to just hang em up and go onto something else.

Could be worse Honch... you could get NO comments at all. I've put out a few scenarios now that I poured a large amount of time and research into and haven't gotten one constructive comment, HELL NOTHING PERIOD (Except from retributer). Makes me want to find another game to mod for.

Some of us are just slow smile.gif but you have to do mods for yourself too, not just others.

I have to admit, a long time ago I was that ornary about getting mods fast... but you learn over time to metre your time. Normal Dude, what mods are yours? I don't see any posted by Normal Dudes there. Are you Paintman? If so, fopr some bizarre reason it never ocurred to me to rate anything but scenarios... and on scenarios - I'm still figuring out a few game things myself so it's hard to rate external games (and time is short). I think a lot of people don't want to rate something until they get a good feel of it, and some don't want to play scenarios that lapse behind the current patch?

Originally posted by Normal Dude:

Could be worse Honch... you could get NO comments at all. I've put out a few scenarios now that I poured a large amount of time and research into and haven't gotten one constructive comment, HELL NOTHING PERIOD (Except from retributer). Makes me want to find another game to mod for.

You know we love you 'Dude... Apologies for not posting comments on cmmods... forgot that that was an option ;)

"All your stuff is excellent"... blanket comment for you ;)

Sometimes Thrawn, the grief that we get from the small minority almost makes it not worth it. I don't know about you but it almost makes me want to just hang em up and go onto something else. [/QB]

100% agreed,

but then I try to remember that there is a small group of people who like the MODs :),

it is normal that the criticism beat the 'joy' (in forums ^^)

Gentlemen, simmer, being a modder from way back, TOAW 1, I can tell you that this is a self-satisfying embellishment.

Its nice to get approval from your compatriots, but this is a labor of love, an artform, and you must have patience.

Accolades may follow, but with SC2 being a more intricate engine, it is very much harder to balance the scenarios especially with the mechanics,(ie. Scripts) constantly evolving.

This game is a gift to us all, it will develop a loyal following for years to come and many of y'alls efforts will be greatly appreciated.

It is not about instantaneous gratification that we all have succumbed to in this day and age. So know that eventually your aspirations will not go unheeded. I look forward to trying out your endeavors and thanks in advance for your sacrifices of the most valuable commodity......Time!

I'm not looking for "Nice scenario" or "Good job", if I wanted that I would ask my mother : ). What the designers, or least I want is constructive feedback in order to improve our scenarios and become better scenario designers. Without the player input, we might as well be working by ourselves on Mars. And without it, I won't quit developing games, because I enjoy it far too much, I'll just find another gaming community that actually participates.

I so far track over 1,000 downloads of my work, and have had one comment/email/post on how to improve my beta scenarios, which quite clearly ask for suggestions in the read-mes.

To preface my comments - I have designed board war games, assisted in the design of the Europa series (if you don't what it is you are not a serious wargamer) and have done hundreds of mods for TOAW et al!

My note was strictly to say that YES it is a labor lf love with few accolades but its just common courtesy or even 'friendliness' to give an update when things are running particularly late.

Anyway if you want to take it personally that wasn't the intent...............

UPDATE!

Honch Expanded Mod version 13 is DONE! It is FANTASTIC! Unbelievable in fact! The MOD to end all MODs! smile.gif

Anyways I will actually post it tonight and you guys can try it to see if it works with 1.05. If it doesn't, I warned you. You'll have to wait until patch 1.06 is public.

I forgot to mention some of the changes for Version 13:

1. New Zealand and Australia are now represented as off map tiles. Don't forget to transport those units to Africa!

2. Montevideo is an Axis supply port and triggers axis surface raider supply scripts if a German BB occupies the port. I know that Uruguay was neutral but this was the best way to work South Atlantic Surface Raiders and the Battle of the River Plate into the scenario.

3. When France surrenders the popup announces that Madagascar goes Vichy but in fact it goes to occupied->Germany. This would make it available to supply Axis naval units and require an Allied invasion as per history.

4. When Belgium surrenders, the Congo goes to UK (Free Belgian).

5. When Portugal surrenders, all of its African colonies go to the opposing player.

6. Brazil and Venezuela activate later in the war to the USA.

7. Argentina, like China, is represented but cannot be attacked or activated. (No more country slots)

8. Garrison/Militia have zero SA and HA to start. They need to be tech'd up to have offensive ability. Remember that you can still attack with them but you will NEVER make a hit and always take damage until you give the poor buggers some better rifles and trucks.

9. Remember not to abandon India as the Allies! The Afghan, Persian and Indian nationalists will make you pay!

10. I have added the couple of changes to the map that were in patch 1.05.

11. Be warned that if Germany attacks Turkey and takes the straights, Romania will try to start shipping their oil via the Med. Its a bug.

12. V2 rockets will start attacking London in 1944 if the Axis still hold Paris!

13. Spanish and Axis oil shortage impact is reduced.

14. Don't blockade the Med with neutral Italian ships. You'll piss the Yugos and Greeks off.

15. The Red Army is increased in number and decreased in effectiveness in 1939.

What i am seeking from MODDERS is gaming that is Riveting, Absorbing, Realistically Challenging, & also that which incorporates Historical Correctness as much as is possible, other than Hypothetical or Fantasy Adventures.

The game should reflect realistic combat results, not grossly heavy leaning's or favouritism to either side [using Unfair Combat Results or other tamperings]...unless there is a good argument for it!.

The MODS have been of excellent quality, by everyone, however,...some do incorporate features that have been slightly beyond what the standard game offer's,...and 'That-Is-A-Good-Thing!'.

Honch, I've been playing your mods from way back in the SC I days and have enjoyed them. I am playing on a 1.06 beta and my buddy is on 1.05 patch. So far so good.

I had never posted here or any where before, but with all the sniveling about kudos, here it is. Great job, keep at it, etc.