Exapnded Custom Scenario

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

note on the mod. Allied subs raiding Norwegian convoy routes is unrealistic.

The Allies stayed away from Norwegian shores to avoid bringing them to the Axis side.

If you want to have it as is now, you would need a script that if an Allied vessel is within TWO tiles of Norwegian coast it will tilt them going 3-5% towards Axis each time.

Originally posted by ColumbusOHGamer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Honch:

I encourage anyone having problems to send an email to Hubert. It works fine for me and at least a few others. Make sure that you unzip it to the correct directory.

The main scenario file was missing ".cgn" on the filename. I added that and everything is fine now. </font>

Update as of December 1, 2006:

Thats a good idea on the Norweigian script Blashy. I will add that just like I added a Yugoslav and Greek script to increase war entry to the Allies if the Italians blockade the central Med while neutral.

I will also add an "Axis Surface Raiders Disrupt South Atlantic Shipping (Liverpool)" supply script if an Axis sub or fleet is at Montevideo.

I will also add that river near Odessa. The unfortunate thing is that I have made so many changes to my map that I cannot keep up with the infrequent map changes that appear in the patches.

I will move Mannerheim back.

Africa has been completely filled out for version thirteen. I just need to update some scripts.

I then need to fill out Brazil and Uruguay. Montevideo will be in its proper geographical loaction and will continue to be a supply source for German naval units.

I was also thinking that due to all of the extra map space now on the South East corner I would add Australia and New Zealand as off map tiles forcing the UK player to physically transport those units to Egypt (or wherever they want) instead of just having them magically appear in 1940-41. Thoughts?

I will still avoid anything else that would only be involved with the Japanese war.

I have changed some of the starting French and UK corps in some of their African colonies to militia as they were primarily native conscripts. I have given Italy, UK and Germany advanced aircraft to start. Italy becuase in 1939 they had some of the most modern bombers and fighters, especially in Africa.

I have also increased the UK air and bomber defense of their tactical air fleets to 2 to represent the superior fighting ability of the RAF in 1940. All other countries are at one. This will better represent the Battle for Britain as it is currently, still, a mop up operation for German airforce based in France.

Another observation.

Spain economy being damaged by US stopping oil exports is too severe. In over 2 years I've never seen a city higher than 3.

If USA had cut them off it probably would have had a 35-45% PERMANENT hit on their economy. So if Spain joins just have it so their industry modifier is at 60% and have a pop up state it is because of US oil embargo.

Right now it is simply KILLING Spain.

Nag again ;) .

The lack of OIL pop up and punishment to Axis is not really necessary IMHO.

Right from the start of WW2 oil issues were something Germany had to deal with and it is well reflected in the game. USA and USSR have 6 oil fields and Germany has 1 plus another at 60% if they get Iraq.

If your intention is to make the MPP production on the historical side (meaning Axis can only achieve peace or armistice but not defeat the 3 Allies) then all you have to do is play with USA's MPP output since it is severely reduced in the default scenario to make the game 50-50.

FYI, I am in July of 41 and that script has basically killed Germany alone, I've not made more than 225-230 mpps since Spring.

Enjoying the mod btw.

[ November 30, 2006, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Blashy ]

Leeds:

ALL convoys are there! They all change to Canada if the UK falls.

I hope to have the fully filled out Version thirteen? fourteen? fiftenn? on cmmods this weekend. It will include all of the oil shortage scripts but much reduced in impact.

BTW Leeds sucks! Liverpool! Long live the mighty Reds!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Honch:

Now that Xmas is out of the way I hope to have it posted by the weekend. I have upgraded to the beta version of patch 1.06 for widescreens and I hope that this is still usable by everyone else.

Wow, I must be behind the times. A beta patch 1.06? What's Hubert got in store for us with the upcoming patch? :cool: