Amazing news.. but why not CMAK?

I actually found this site by accident and I'm glad I did - it's what we've been waiting for since the CMBO days. But one question, why focus on CMBB and not CMAK? Surely CMAK offers "aesthetic" improvements over CMBB? I'm not complaining either way; I cant remember the last time I played CMBB to be honest, but this is the one thing it needed. I shall get it reinstalled and 'modded smile.gif

I'm guessing - but I suspect CMBB actually sold more copies than either of the others, if only as the Eastern Front is the more 'popular' theatre.

Improvements in CMAK or not, as CMC is really designed to play in tandem with a tactical game, it seems smart to pick the tactical game the most people already have and so maximise your potential customer base?

Probably because CMBB offers the biggest scope of all the CM games. It covers a timeframe from 1941-45, and provides a large assortment of units, equipment and vehicles from different nations, to combat each other from Finland to the Caucasus. Variety is probably the most important factor.

To me, the eastern front is simply the most interesting theater in WW2, so I'm naturally happy with CMC concentrating on it. Of course, I'd be more than willing to play CMC in Normandy, Italy or the Ardennes, too. Let's hope CMC is selling well so we might see it expanded to other theaters.

Or it's because CMBB is out a lot longer than CMAK, meaning that development on CMC started before CMAK was finished?

A quick hello from me to all Combat Mission fans who have an interest in Combat Mission Campaign. We have been working hard on it for years (!), and will be working especially hard over the next period until we release.
Mies

Hopefully there will be a future patch or mod allowing the use of CMAK or CMBO. But this is a great start.

My question is: Is this sort campaign feature going to be a native feature in CMSF? Or are they going to have to develop a separate campaign manager for it? Forgive me if this has been discussed to death already in another forum.

Originally posted by Moon:

Mies wins!

If CMC is a success, adapting it to work with CMAK would be fairly easy.

CMC won't work with CMSF.

Martin

So if you then add all the ETO stuff to CMAK you can release a new BO game for hardly any development time.

Think of all the wonga you can make,and it shouldn't delay the CM Iraqi freedom or what ever its called game at all. :D

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

[QB] Probably because CMBB offers the biggest scope of all the CM games. It covers a timeframe from 1941-45, and provides a large assortment of units, equipment and vehicles from different nations, to combat each other from Finland to the Caucasus. Variety is probably the most important factor.

Being the pedantic sod that I am ;) , AK has the longest timeframe (September 1940 to May 1945) and the greater variety of terrain (desert to mountain and all points in between). It may have a greater range of equipment and it certainly offers more national armies.

However, 'BB is the more popular CM version for whatever reasons. I just hope that we get an AK version because that would open up so many possibilities for manoeuvre battles that only the desert can truly provide smile.gif

Originally posted by Reichenberg:

There is your answer

Uwe

Negativ.

CMC is both an add-on and a stand-alone product within the CM1 series, so it is obvious that it is not compatible to a CM2 release.

The question is, if all what CMC adds to CM1 will be an integrated part of the CM2 engine.

Originally posted by Mies:

Or it's because CMBB is out a lot longer than CMAK, meaning that development on CMC started before CMAK was finished?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> A quick hello from me to all Combat Mission fans who have an interest in Combat Mission Campaign. We have been working hard on it for years (!), and will be working especially hard over the next period until we release.

Mies </font>