Quick battle fun.

Been trying to get a QB going so that I can whack some syrians.

I choose Republican Guard, I choose mix of inf and stuff..

I choose Tiny map.

Here is the result for +150 force.

WIN !

130 men left

0 lost

enemy

13 men dead

7 wounded.

Ehem...thats all he had..

I had tons of troops and tons of vehicles..

Janster

seriously tho BFC, your saying i can get kicked from the forums for swearing, yet what word adaquately describes the fault. To say broke doesnt do it justice, it is f****d.

Im sry to break any forum rules but not as sry as i am to see this sort of flaw. You took my 70 bucks, now let me swear cos the games REALY BROKE. ( well the qb's are )

You harp on about _realistic_ to&e's but you cant even garruntee a force mix that is FAIR, let alone fun.

Shame on you BFC

Well, I had more than enough troops..

Altough at -40 force I was stuck with 12 vehicles and 1 platoon (1 flag + 3 squads which I think is a platoon)

Again, enemy showed with 2 jeeps and probably 1 platoon, I didn't find them all methinks...

I think force composition is not putting in troops correctly.

Janster

I can't seem to get a tiny Quick Battle to work at all. I set the parameters for a game as I'd like to play it, then am immediately kicked back to the main menu.

From my understanding there is no random map generator, so is it just basically hit or miss that I'm going to pick a combination of settings that will have an available battle/map?! Also is there any way of knowing that a particular combo is not going to work other than being kicked back to the main menu?

Janster,

Can't quite see what the problem is. You chose a tiny battle, then set yourself to have +150% forces. Even at equal forces, the syrian side should have more troops, since their firepower is lower than US. So you basically got what you asked for, a vastly numerically superior force than the US side...

QB = RANDOM MAP = SAME MAP = PISSED OFF

why is there not random maps but this pre-made template maps ? and how can the enemy get 3 apc with 14.5mm mg against my 4x stryker 4x bradley and alot of inf ? i also think that QB (one of the best parts of CM) is FUBAR...

The reds are always understrenght.

Sometimes when chosing armor i get a recon squad with UAZ jeeps.

Sometimes, there is no setup zone.

Many bugs to squish, but i had much fun in a meeting engagement between BMP 1 and strikers. I got 3 BMP1 and 2 atgm and 2 inf squads against 8 strikers and accompaniyng infantry.

I won but lost all the BMP to javelins.

Panzer76,

There will be heaps of scnarios floating around soon, and no one to play em...
You're starting to cross the line between disgruntled customer and troll. We can tollerate the former, but the latter has no purpose of being here at all. If you don't have ANY reason to be here other than to bitch, then why don't you just log off for a couple of weeks and do everybody, inculding yourself, a favor?

Steve

Yair Iny ,

Can't quite see what the problem is. You chose a tiny battle, then set yourself to have +150% forces. Even at equal forces, the syrian side should have more troops, since their firepower is lower than US. So you basically got what you asked for, a vastly numerically superior force than the US side...
I missed Janster's mention of 150%. As you say that is what he asked for and that is what he got, so yes... no problem. Good, because at 100% a force ration like that would have been out of line.

DzrtFox,

Also is there any way of knowing that a particular combo is not going to work other than being kicked back to the main menu?
Yeah, that is something we need to fix. I've made a note to get this addressed ASAP.

RavenouZ,

why is there not random maps but this pre-made template maps ?
It was difficult enough for us to do random maps for CMx1's far more simplistic terrain and buildings. For CMx1 it is just not possible to have totally random maps. So the alternative is to have no QuickBattles at all. We understand that you are disappointed with the way things are now, but you would probably be even more upset with us if QBs were totally eliminated.

and how can the enemy get 3 apc with 14.5mm mg against my 4x stryker 4x bradley and alot of inf
I can't answer that without knowing your settings. My guess is the Red force was on the defensive, yes? Blue should have at least 3:1 superiority for some attack situations.

Steve

Yeah i know that attacker shulld be 3:1 or close too.

SETTINGS

Mapsize small

Open map

Blue attack

Random forces on both sides

Tried 2 more qb at the sam setting and red got nothing to defend themself with, jeeps and apc with 14.5mm mg against bradleys are like spitting on napalm =) but i still enjoy all the new stuff in the game so i am looking forward to version 1.1-1.3 when most of the bugs are corrected

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />and how can the enemy get 3 apc with 14.5mm mg against my 4x stryker 4x bradley and alot of inf

I can't answer that without knowing your settings. My guess is the Red force was on the defensive, yes? Blue should have at least 3:1 superiority for some attack situations.

Steve [/QB]</font>