Theatre of War & Combat Mission:Shock Force

You will feel like you are playing a VERY updated combat mission.

At the same time, RT play can feel kind of like TOW RT, but 50 years in the future... And in the desert. And with no Germans, or Russians, or English, or French...

Ok, forget it... other than being RT capable, they are nothing alike.

Originally posted by wolf66:

Playing CMSF better NOT feel like TOW, because that game sucked big hairy balls IMHO

Thank you for that scientific analysis.

But you made a critical error in your data documentation. It sucked big hairy monkey balls, not big hairy balls. Get it right and don't ever let this happen again. :D

I like ToW, the only problem with it is bad campaign missions design and lack of quick battle generator.

But it is a good game with lots of potential.

But ToW and CM:SF will be very diferent games, only similarities will be the realistic aproachs to ballistics and damage models.

I am eager to get my hands on the quick battle generator of CM:SF and play what if missions.

Around 99% of my time and fun with CM:BB and CM:AK was with the custom battle generator.

I am not sure if SGT has played ToWor not. If he hasn't I will be the only one who has posted so far that has played both.

They do not "feel" alike in any way. The mechanics of the game are completely different in both interface and under the hood. What ToW did for me though is make it so that I almost exclusively play real time with CMSF and if you had told me that a year ago I would have told you that you were crazy. Since ToW wasn't a clickfest (at least not to me) it caused me to be frustrated while watching a one minute turn unfold and not being able to alter what my units were doing until the arbitrary turn time limit had expired. PBEM doesn’t frustrate in the same way because I'm not playing a whole battle just a turn and then email.

Oh, and the icons above the units look similar. But even that similarity goes away once you start experiencing the relative spotting that CMSF has compared to ToW.

And for the record I really like ToW a lot

Most of the Beta testers have sorta been one-game guys for the last few months. I downloaded the ToW Demo, opened it, clicked some keys at random and nothing happened, I frowned, quit, and returned to Beta testing. Soon - very soon - i'm going to be cracking open to ToW instructions manual and trying again.

What little I saw (or understood) of TOW it really didn't feel like CMSF at all. CMSF is like the CMx1 of our dreams - no blue progress bar, 1:1 realistic animations, wheels that actually TURN when the vehicle moves, but it STILL feels solidly like good-old CM.

Originally posted by MeatEtr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by wolf66:

Playing CMSF better NOT feel like TOW, because that game sucked big hairy balls IMHO

Thank you for that scientific analysis.

But you made a critical error in your data documentation. It sucked big hairy monkey balls, not big hairy balls. Get it right and don't ever let this happen again. :D </font>

Originally posted by wolf66:

^^^^^

what he said. revisited ToW forum to see if any fixes are coming up, but they're not I believe. all i can read on tactical tips to properly win a campaign are save and load a lot :cool: .

Cannot wait till friday...