CM sales figures

teodor

I would like to know how many copies of CM you sold so far and if possible by continent( country maybe ?) , just being curious ....

subsidiary question : and why did you choose 60 seconds for the video replay ? I know you have to draw the line somewhere but was it a matter of hard discussion ?

I have some other questions but maybe I should have some sleep first...

Ok thank you for the quick reply !

I can't see why the 60 seconds are a logical choice but we get used to , that's true .

I'm sorry about the sales question , i just wanted to know if the "modules" would be as available in the european retail shops as the first game.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Although our competitors would love to know, we don't give out sales data.

Steve

For a straight-forward, truthful answer, there's BFC.

For everything else, there's Seanachai.

To date, BFC has sold 6 million units of the various 'Combat Mission' games.

Little Known Facts about the sold units:

1) The Pentagon purchased 212 copies of 'Combat Mission: Afrika Korps', and used them to plan Operation: Iraqi Liberation (they could have used that one, despite the acronym, as no more oil has been forthcoming). Sadly, because CM is a tactical level game without an 'Exit Strategy' module, that's as far as things got.

2) Karl Rove and staffers bought 3 copies of the entire 'Combat Mission' series and used them to help the Bush Administration win the Presidential Election. Sadly, as the Presidential Election was a tactical level game, with no 'strategic level' module, winning the election was all the Bush Administration gave us.

3) The Australian Government bought 24,000 copies of 'Combat Mission: Bugger the Afrika Korps, Mate!'. Beer sales in Australia increased by a staggering 24%(anything that could make Australian beer sales increase isn't simply staggering, but almost other-worldly), and Australia has been effectively neutralized from conquering the entire Pacific Rim.

4) Exactly 1 copy of each Combat Mission game was sold in Hong Kong, and 500,000 copies are currently being played in the Far East, where gamers are treated to soldiers who shout 'My leg, it has been injured by agents of the Presbyterian Church, I think fully!'

5) 4,700 copies of the game have been sold in the former Soviet Union, none of which has fallen into the hands of the military, which is thinking of marketing a competing game entitled: Combat Mission: School's Out Forever! Battlefront.com quietly contemplates donating proceeds of Russian sales to the 'Mothers of Beslan'.

6) An incredible 100,000 copies of CMBO and CMAK are sold in Finland.

7) 2.6 Million units of 'Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin' are sold in Finland; approximately one for each 2 inhabitants.

8) LucasFilms, Inc. bought 10 copies of each game, and has recently announced their decision to completely flush the game down the toilet by producing three movies depicting the events the lead up to the action in the original Combat Mission series.

9) Sales in America have been equally split between Red and Blue States. Anxiety about pre-release orders of the next Engine is high, and is being carefully monitored by the world's various Arms Suppliers.

10) 1 copy of 'Combat Mission: Afrika Korps' has been shipped to an unnamed American military prison.

11) 125,000 copies of 'Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord' and 'Combat Mission: Afrika Korps' have been sold to Canada, and 25 copies of 'Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin' have likewise been sold to Canada. Twenty-four requests for refunds for 'CMBB' have also been received from Canada, along with the complaint: This game simply isn't redolent with the bacony stench of Canada.

So there you have it. The numbers. The stories. The lies.

[ September 19, 2005, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

Hang on Seanachai, I thought one of those Canadians held onto his copy of CMBB in the forlorn hope that BFC would do a one off patch to include the Canadian RAM "Sherman" tank complete with the 6 pounder gun as one was shipped to the USSR for their evaluation.

Regards

Jim R.

Dear freaking Australian lunatic:

Did you not deign to notice that I said 25 copies had been sold, and that twenty-four copies had been returned?

My gods! Must I do the thinking for the entire planet?! I'm not cut out for it! I'm insane, and not very bright! Why am I surrounded by fools?!

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

Hang on Seanachai, I thought one of those Canadians held onto his copy of CMBB in the forlorn hope that BFC would do a one off patch to include the Canadian RAM "Sherman" tank complete with the 6 pounder gun as one was shipped to the USSR for their evaluation.

Regards

Jim R.

Dear freaking Australian lunatic:

Did you not deign to notice that I said 25 copies had been sold, and that twenty-four copies had been returned?

My gods! Must I do the thinking for the entire planet?! I'm not cut out for it! I'm insane, and not very bright! Why am I surrounded by fools?! </font>

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Although our competitors would love to know, we don't give out sales data.

60 seconds was chosen because it is a logical section of time. It was selected before the coding had really begun and nearly 9 years later we still think it was an excellent decision.

Steve

What competition? I have yet to find a competitive product.

JKS,

What competition? I have yet to find a competitive product.
You are both wrong and right. Right that there are no other companies out there that have a competitive product to match against CM, wrong because Battlefront publishes more than just CM products that we do have competition to consider. We keep all sales data confidential. Plus, sales data is valuless without context. So we'd not only have to release ours sales numbers, but also our expenses, cash flow history, and all sorts of stuff. Sales numbers on their own mean nothing.

Steve