CMSF dedicated multiplayer lobby

Years now, CM players never really had a central meeting point to arrange online matches. People seemed scattered all around to opponent finder forums, CMHQ chat, wargamer chat, various ladders, the recent IP lobby of Blogfront etc.

A dedicated CMSF lobby, like the Il-2 one for instance, with some care from the fans with ratings/ladder etc would make the game much easier to play online and most importantly skyrocket its popularity. Since the game is going to be real time too and games will be shorter more and more people will be available for an hour's TCP fun, in contrast to the huge 4-5hrs game sessions of previous CMs.

Hope there are plans for something like that, besides the rather basic IP sharing lobby.

Well, for me its not a problem, I can search 3-4 chat rooms to find an opponent and yes I have the battlefront toolbar active. The new RealTime function will attract many new players. For a newcomer that wants a quick online game the toolbar its not the most obvious choice I think. There is a need for a single CMSF room imo, even directly linked from inside the game (via the multiplayer options).

I mentioned this for ToW awhile back. IIRC they did acknowledge the importance and said this was being looked into. We definitely need a 1-stop shop for all things Battlefront MP. It would certainly help facilitate MP for all the games and the community would love it.

Couldn't agree more. It would increase the lifespan for not just this game but all Battlefront game since you could easily find competition for all games. Also you could expect players to jump around in all the games from the Battlefront house.

a Battlefront.NET is definitely worth putting your money into.

Tis would be great.

A battlefront.net server

Replay ability. (see replay of games)

Voice Communication during games.

Later on i guess 2vs2 games.

Also, observer mode. I guess. Maybe with some delay.

These features would make CMSF unrivaled as wargame made for competition.

I remember reading somewhere Steve or Martin (or someone else from BTS) mentioned that overwhelming majority of customers interested in single player games only.

Is that still true?

That is a generally true fact of pretty much any game to my knowledge. Like I can't imagine playing the Battlefield series against the AI but I know people who only play that way (or at most on a LAN with people they know but not strangers on the Internet). It is still I think common for all games, however those people are obviously less likely to post in internet forums. So if you always play online and visit forums they don't seem to exist.

Originally posted by C'Rogers:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />I remember reading somewhere Steve or Martin (or someone else from BTS) mentioned that overwhelming majority of customers interested in single player games only.

Is that still true?

That is a generally true fact of pretty much any game to my knowledge. Like I can't imagine playing the Battlefield series against the AI but I know people who only play that way (or at most on a LAN with people they know but not strangers on the Internet). It is still I think common for all games, however those people are obviously less likely to post in internet forums. So if you always play online and visit forums they don't seem to exist. </font>

That is a generally true fact of pretty much any game to my knowledge. Like I can't imagine playing the Battlefield series against the AI but I know people who only play that way (or at most on a LAN with people they know but not strangers on the Internet). It is still I think common for all games, however those people are obviously less likely to post in internet forums. So if you always play online and visit forums they don't seem to exist.

They are alive and kickin'. To be honest for me FPS singleplay makes more sense than wargaming against an AI.

[QB]

I know for a fact playing via PBEM will be

one of the most popular especially for busy people..they who sit in the office thinking CMSF strategy all day then rethinking it during the ride home then laying in bed setting the final movements as you drift off to sleep then sending in the turn packet early the next morn...all in a days work. smile.gif

=

I would really appreciate this. I hear a lot of people talk about "dropped games" but i've played probably 50 games total and i've never had anyone bail on me, i think thats good. I would really like an official place to find players. The chat may exist for the forum but those chats for some reason are never popular on forums. Would need almost a forum link directly to the chat rather than relying on people to discover a chat room on a forum toolbar