Performance is ridiculously bad

I just updated my drivers, got the windows patch for dual core (which did fix flickering shadows.) Running version 1.01.

Core 2 Duo 2.6 ghz

NVIDIA 7950 GTX 512 megs vram,

2 gibs of RAM

At my native resolutions with settings towards the middle, I was literally gettings seconds per frame. With everything turned down/off, and my resolution at 1024x768, I get around 10-15 FPS. Completely unplayable.

Furthermore, the camera is extremely laggy. When I use right click to rotate, it continues to rotate a full 1-2 seconds longer after I've stopped moving the mouse.

What the hell? :|

funny, how your getting poor perfermance with that rig.

My rig:

AMD 64 3000+

1 gig ram

Nvidia 7800GS

and I'm running at 1680x1050 and all option set to high or on including aa and af.

Game runs smooth as silk for me with no slowdowns at all, no grafics problems or sound issues.

You sure your not just running on a badly configured rig or maybe you have hardware thats conflicting. Not saying you are but considering you rig specs and mine, I should be the one with problems and it's absolutely smooth here.

Also, no delay in keyboard commands here either. always react when I press keys promtly.

p.s

Not everything is "on"......I do have vsync set to off but thats it......everything is otherwise set to highest settings.

Originally posted by Razer:

Try this. DON'T USE W A S D for camera movement. Use only left-click hold and right-click hold.

I said that the really laggy camera movement came from right click panning. WASD has an intentional delay at the beginning, which is irritating, but not as laggy as the panning.

Originally posted by Canaria:

My rig:

AMD 64 3000+

1 gig ram

Nvidia 7800GS

and I'm running at 1680x1050 and all option set to high or on including aa and af.

Game runs smooth as silk for me with no slowdowns at all, no grafics problems or sound issues.

You sure your not just running on a badly configured rig or maybe you have hardware thats conflicting. Not saying you are but considering you rig specs and mine, I should be the one with problems and it's absolutely smooth here.

Also, no delay in keyboard commands here either. always react when I press keys promtly.

p.s

Not everything is "on"......I do have vsync set to off but thats it......everything is otherwise set to highest settings.

May I ask what drivers you're using? The actual version number. Maybe the brand new drivers are worse?

Anyway, define for me a "poorly configured rig." It runs everything else at high settings, 1920x1200 perfectly fine. Armed Assault runs smooth as silk.

The performance for this is so far off the mark that it has to be some kind of bug, which is why I'm posting this.

I have an nVidia 8800GTS with the latest drivers (162.18) and the game is working fine at 'Best' quality throughout the video options. The only quality setting i haven't enabled is vsync because in the past I've found it to be a big performance hit in high-end FPS games.

I'm not seeing any of the performance issues folks are reporting... except when I try and use WASD to move the camera. Using the keys to move is like swimming in tar, which is a shame because the mouse camera is too twitchy.

A request, please look into the WASD choppiness and lower the twitchiness of the camera when using the mouse (btw, my mouse is set for 400 DPI while playing the game, I've always found this is the least twitchy setting for most games).

I'll be happy to spout more tech specs if anyone finds it useful, but I'm not seeing any issue at all with my nVidia card.

molotov_billy,

The fix JaguarUSF mentioned is already in v1.01. So there must be something else hammering your speed, though at the moment I can't think of what it might be. We have plenty of nVidia users (testers, reviewers, and customers) that are getting the speed they should. You should NOT be seeing single digit speed on your system, so definitely something is wrong.

I suggest popping over to the new CM:SF Tech Support Forum and we'll try to work it through with you. There should be a fix for it "as is". If not, we'll certainly want to work with you to figure out why your system isn't happy with CM.

Steve

Originally posted by molotov_billy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Canaria:

My rig:

AMD 64 3000+

1 gig ram

Nvidia 7800GS

p.s

May I ask what drivers you're using? The actual version number. Maybe the brand new drivers are worse?

Anyway, define for me a "poorly configured rig." It runs everything else at high settings, 1920x1200 perfectly fine. Armed Assault runs smooth as silk.

The performance for this is so far off the mark that it has to be some kind of bug, which is why I'm posting this. </font>

I have these problems too. Running an AMD XP 64 4400, Nvidia 6800 GTS 640 OC2, 2 GB Ram and XP Pro SP2 (Danish).

I have tested all resolutions from 1024x768 to my native 1680x1050 and I get the same low frame rate at 10 when turning the camera around in Battle: Allahs Fist. W/o moving the camera at the start of the mission I get 10 FPS. When I turn it clockwise and moves past the first "top" my FPS goes to 55 and looking at my own tanks gives me about 30 FPS. As soon as the first smoke comes into view it drops to 10 FPS again.

I have tried to change settings from lowest to highest, and it only changes the max FPS. As soon as the "enemy units" around "Phase Line Charlie" come into view it drops.

[ July 27, 2007, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: Cougar_DK ]