Additional US stuff after the Marine module?

I know there was some talk about the desire of adding additional US infantry battalion types in the future. Any thoughts about how this could best be implemented? Would it come with the British module perhaps or would it fragment the community too much doing it that way and need to be added as a free enhancement or not at all?

As an additional US Army units to CMSF I would like to see:

Armor Survivability Kit (ASK), the FRAG 5, FRAG 6 Humvees

M1A2 TUSK

M113A3

M2A3/M3A3 Bradley with ERA

Warhammer Bradley

M1117 Guardian Armored Security Vehicle

M1097 Avenger

Originally posted by Normal Dude:

Airborne, air assault, and light battalions! :D

Normal Dude, do you know of any additional weapon or vehicle types these battalions would need? We know we won't get helicopters, so no need to mention those.

"Warhammer Bradley"

Hey, you stumped me with that one! I just googled it. Bradley firing Javelin instead of TOW? Wow, that's a big surprise. Its got to REALLY be new, the only mention on the web is Wikipedia. Yah learn something new every day!

Originally posted by MikeyD:

"Warhammer Bradley"

Hey, you stumped me with that one! I just googled it. Bradley firing Javelin instead of TOW? Wow, that's a big surprise. Its got to REALLY be new, the only mention on the web is Wikipedia. Yah learn something new every day!

Aww man, I was hoping it was the one with the Storm Bolter.

Originally posted by SgtMuhammed:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MikeyD:

"Warhammer Bradley"

Aww man, I was hoping it was the one with the Storm Bolter. </font>

Originally posted by Sequoia:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Normal Dude:

Airborne, air assault, and light battalions! :D

Normal Dude, do you know of any additional weapon or vehicle types these battalions would need? We know we won't get helicopters, so no need to mention those. </font>

Originally posted by SgtMuhammed:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MikeyD:

"Warhammer Bradley"

Aww man, I was hoping it was the one with the Storm Bolter. </font>

hm, iam not informed about that but whats about the "robots" the US is working on!?

if i would be interessted in any more US gear it would be the remotecontroled, armed, ground drones.

i dont know if they are anymore than fancy test things to play around currently, but what it looked like they already work, wich isnt suprising given their simple design.

Bringing things back to reality with a thump smile.gif , didn't Steve say he'd like to have the IBCT (Infantry Brigade Combat Team) TO&E in the game?

This would complete the picture for US forces - i.e. a mix of "Heavy", "Stryker" and "Infantry" Brigade Combat Teams. The IBCT would have no armour at all, with the expectation that it would be transported to the battlefield by air drop or helicopter insertion.

We could then employ the TO&E in the game for units like the 101st Airborne.

Originally posted by Mishga:

A WH40k or Planetside version of CM:x2 would be nice. I bet Games Workshop would be up for a combined effort to bring Space Marines to 1:1 representation in a dynamic battle.

I dunno, Games Workshop has been locking up their IP in the past few months. Games Workshop has suddenly realized they now have competitors, and I'm not sure if they know how to handle that yet, and so they do what any bad company does. Raise prices, decrease customer support, and make crappy game design decisions.