Buglist thread

Guest Guest

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I witnessed something that seems to be a bug while playing the second mission of Webwing's great campaign. A I wanted a squad to attack a technical standing on a road and firing on another squad. I moved an antitank team next to the technical using the "hunt" command but they didn't see it. Then, I moved the rest of the squad using the "quick" command on the street just behind the technical. Guess what? They didn't see it. I repeat, it was not a single hidden sniper but a pick-up truck. That was a bit frustrating. Sorry, I have no screenshots or saved games. Has anyone here experienced something like this?

Surrendering troops added some atmosphere and charm to the original series, yes. But, in practice, the whole process was, IMO, kind of goofy and unconvincing; marching that solitary enemy unit, maybe herded by a solitary, tankless crew, off the map edge. But you have a point, in a modern war with Arab armies there seems to be a whole lot of surrenderin' going on.

Would anyone be happy with simply abstracting the POWs out of the game along with a to-be-designated friendly guard?

Is there "sound spotting" for vehicles at all?

If the low wall bug prevents vehicles like BMP-2 seeing the enemy, shouldn't their crew members still hear something? There may be artillery fire nearby, tanks exploding and many kinds of engine sounds. Still it looks like vehicles just ignore all battle sounds. They don't change facing of hull or their gun. Because of this you can just drive around such vehicle and destroy it before it reacts.

That is a question I've asked several times. It seems like sometimes there is, but not very consistently. I think sounds may get lumped in with other spotting routines. I oiked CM1 where it was very specific about the sound contact, even had varying intelligence. I am not sure we ever got a clear answer.

That's the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" Bug.

Originally posted by SlowMotion:

And a small visual bug. I saw this one after continuing a turn based game from Saved Game file.

All three remaining soldiers are in exactly the same spot. Looks like there are only two, but if you give them a movement command, three soldiers appear.

3_soldiers_in_one_spot.jpg

Hi,

after a "long time no play" I've installed 1.5 patch. I launched a QB to see what changed.

Now T-72 can kill Abrams... and has killed two of mine. None of other two has fired at it. I even drove my M1A1 23m away from the T72 and it still didn't notice the enemy even when ordered to fire at it. The crew reported "enemy armor sighted" but they ignored it. M1 got 3 shots from T72 and didn't do nothing. The other one flanked the target from the other side and also didn't do nothing... except becoming a third victim of the Syrian tank.

Here's a screenshot

Intruder, that's similar to a weird spotting bug I encountered on mission 2 of the Ghost campaign: there was a pickup truck sitting on the bridge. Yet my squad, which moved right over it, didn't see it, nor did the 2 other squads which were 50 meters away. Only after it opened fire, did one of the squads see it. It remained unseen by the two others until after it was dead.

"I find the spotting problems extreme in the other direction. In one scenario with "scarce" civilian density, my bmp-2's promptly identified and dispatched an entire forest hilltop battalion defense from the setup zones. Spots were acquired in seconds flat at ranges in excess of 300 and 400m on men laying prone if foxholes under trees... just because they were in LOS."

I had to laugh when I read this. That sums it up nicely. I have see this instantaneous spotting so many times. It seems that you have to 'Hide' your forces to prevent them from being spotted immediately. It's almost as if when they're not hiding, they're waving and shouting "coo-eey".

Originally posted by Paper Tiger:

"I find the spotting problems extreme in the other direction. In one scenario with "scarce" civilian density, my bmp-2's promptly identified and dispatched an entire forest hilltop battalion defense from the setup zones. Spots were acquired in seconds flat at ranges in excess of 300 and 400m on men laying prone if foxholes under trees... just because they were in LOS."

I had to laugh when I read this. That sums it up nicely. I have see this instantaneous spotting so many times. It seems that you have to 'Hide' your forces to prevent them from being spotted immediately. It's almost as if when they're not hiding, they're waving and shouting "coo-eey".

I agree totally.

Battlefront should change this !

Originally posted by IntruderPl:

Hi,

after a "long time no play" I've installed 1.5 patch. I launched a QB to see what changed.

Now T-72 can kill Abrams... and has killed two of mine. None of other two has fired at it. I even drove my M1A1 23m away from the T72 and it still didn't notice the enemy even when ordered to fire at it. The crew reported "enemy armor sighted" but they ignored it. M1 got 3 shots from T72 and didn't do nothing. The other one flanked the target from the other side and also didn't do nothing... except becoming a third victim of the Syrian tank.

Here's a screenshot

I'm not trying to be a no it all, but looking at your screenshot, I noticed under Damages, the targeting system is damage. I'm not saying I'm a tanker but that may have something to do with it.

They can spot enemy but they may not be able to fire the gun. I'm surprise that the M1 did not do a reverse to get the hell out of there when it knows it can't fire its main gun.