The Peng Challenge Goes Up a Creek Without a Paddle

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

As for the Justicar's ‘moral victory’… all I will say is that he’s been getting his tactics by reading about Napoleonic Space Dragons AND I SAY THAT is not sporting!

But I don’t have a firm chiselled chin for nowt… I’ll take this heinous blow AND turn the other cheek!

In that case you might consider the drastic step of actually surrendering in our game unless you think that poor bastiche up on the hill running from my two Shermans is going to save your bacon.

It was a tough fight gang, the scenario description was VERY clear that it was best played by the Allies AGAINST THE AI! Well, we don't gotta have a map drawn to figure THAT out do we. Sir Sir 37mm picked the Germans before you could say "Any Human is Better than any AI any DAY."

He didn't count, however, on my inherent and carefully crafted tactical brilliance ... aided to some small degree, I admit, by HIS inability to understand the significance of SMOKE as concealment. At the end of the day I prevailed over what was, by all rights, a deck that was stacked against me.

Granted his forces have filed suit against me (any guesses who his LAWYER is) for subjecting them to massive quantities of second hand smoke.

Joe

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rleete:

I done got myself hired! And a pay raise, as well. Bow before my good fortune.

Congrats ... remember ... lift with your legs and not your back.

Joe </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

I done got myself hired! And a pay raise, as well. Bow before my good fortune.

Congrats ... remember ... lift with your legs and not your back.

Joe </font>

Originally posted by jdmorse:

Ahhh Lurkur So your of our line, eh? Come over here boy, stop pulling yer forlock and let's see yer teeth. See if Boo has improved the breeding stock, or proved a wastrel.

Now if Croda actually manifests, well the apocalypse may indeed be upon us.

th'apocalypse may just have digested your loveless soul then, jdmorse, my once and former sponsor, for while I may not be 'back' in the disquieted sense that you'd all fear like you'd fear a straight razor taken to your favorite crop of back hairs, I have responded to my Knight's request for me to make a vist and set right all that's been done wrong since my last trip to the outskirts of Pengdom.

so Boo, if you could quickly bring me up to speed on what has transpired while I've been off doing things other than Penging, then all the sooner I can lop off a few crowns, spill the blood of some lesser houses, and brew up some of my favoirte patella and filtrum soup with fileted Justicar before flittering off into the ether again as quick as Mace can scrape up a quib about swarthy men cleaning the barrels of their artillery pieces.

be quick about it.

Originally posted by Croda:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jdmorse:

Ahhh Lurkur So your of our line, eh? Come over here boy, stop pulling yer forlock and let's see yer teeth. See if Boo has improved the breeding stock, or proved a wastrel.

Now if Croda actually manifests, well the apocalypse may indeed be upon us.

th'apocalypse may just have digested your loveless soul then, jdmorse, my once and former sponsor, for while I may not be 'back' in the disquieted sense that you'd all fear like you'd fear a straight razor taken to your favorite crop of back hairs, I have responded to my Knight's request for me to make a vist and set right all that's been done wrong since my last trip to the outskirts of Pengdom.

so Boo, if you could quickly bring me up to speed on what has transpired while I've been off doing things other than Penging, then all the sooner I can lop off a few crowns, spill the blood of some lesser houses, and brew up some of my favoirte patella and filtrum soup with fileted Justicar before flittering off into the ether again as quick as Mace can scrape up a quib about swarthy men cleaning the barrels of their artillery pieces.

be quick about it. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe "Blowhard" Shaw:You couldn't have seen the abomination of Crodaville ...

It was Crodaburg, you officious cretin. </font>

Originally posted by Lars:

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU CLOWNS ... I've NEVER been to Crete.

"The Cretans, always liars, evil beasts, idle bellies!"

You'd fit right in. </font>

Originally posted by Croda:

oh, do tell me that the newcomers still have to play Crodaburg?

if you don't have it, I can ALWAYS send a copy...

Sorry, M'Lud, but there's been some... er...changes since you were around.

There's these new games, you see, called Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin and Combat Mission: Afrika Korps. And you see, Crodaburg (Behold the Horror!) is set up for Combat Mission: Beyond OverLord which... ahh... I don't think too many people even have loaded on their machines, so you see... (suddenly decides that just maybe he's said enough.)

Some mornings I wake up and just count my blessings! One such blessing is the fact that GREAT songwriters such as Jerry Jeff Walker live among us. Here is a small offering to The Pool of the man’s genius.

----

He was born in West Virginia,

His wife's name's Betty Lou Thelma Liz

And he's not responsible for what he's doing

'Cause his mother made him what he is

Up against the wall Redneck Mother,

Mother, who has raised her son so well.

He's thirty-four and drinking in a honky tonk.

Just kicking hippies asses and raising hell.

Sure does like his Budweiser beer,

Likes to chase it down with that Wild Turkey liquor;

Drives a fifty-seven GMC pickup truck;

He's got a gun rack; "Goat ropers need love, too" sticker

Up against the wall Redneck Mother,

Mother, who has raised her son so well.

He's thirty-four and drinking in a honky tonk.

Just kicking hippies asses and raising hell.

Originally posted by rleete:

So, what you're saying is that Croda is obsolete. Nice welcome for your leige.

Enjoy your (imminent) stomping.

Not once did I say he was obsolete. You're just trying to foment trouble.

Hey Croda... rleete is using your name to try to foment trouble.

Originally posted by Boo "forked tongue" Radley:

Not once did I say he was obsolete. You're just trying to foment trouble.

No, but you implied it. No slimey ad-man tricks, we know what you meant.

Originally posted by Boo "wishes he'd thought of it" Radley:

Hey Croda... rleete is using your name to try to foment trouble.

Hey, at least someone has the guts to do it. I'm sure it makes him proud, but disgusts him that it was another house that had to step up to do the job.

you should know by now that I am 100% diametrically opposed to fomenting in any capacity.

and I have CMBO loaded on the laptop. it is far superior to the subsequent games where 300 elite men go to ground every time a bird chirps. come to think, I've only played the demo of AK.

and if gooeypixxie is unaware of the majesty of Crodaburg, we should most certainly introduce her to it. gooey, it is the finest scenario ever developed for CMBO. armed with virtually everything you declare eternal blood hamster on an insufferable enemy (no, not Shaw), bomb him to the Pleistocene, travel back in time to the Plesitocene and bomb him some more. then you send in the infantry only to find out that they now have sharp rocks in the Pleistocene and the whole thing travels to Pleistocene hell in a Pleistocene handbasket without so much as a simple 'You Are Here' Marquee to help you along the way.

everyone loves it

Originally posted by Bugged:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Croda:

and if gooeypixxie is unaware of the majesty of Crodaburg, we should most certainly introduce her to it.

Did stikkypixie get a sex change operation? Geez... miss a week, miss a lot. </font>

I think, Lady Bugged that he meant we should introduce HER (meaning the scenario) to IT (meaning ... well, you get the idea,)

I know I've always considered stikkypixie to be an "it".

*blush*

With all the time I spend around dogs, you'd think I'd have a leg-up on deciphering Cesspoodle talk.

Originally posted by Bugged:

I think, Lady Bugged that he meant we should introduce HER (meaning the scenario) to IT (meaning ... well, you get the idea,)

I know I've always considered stikkypixie to be an "it".

*blush*

With all the time I spend around dogs, you'd think I'd have a leg-up on deciphering Cesspoodle talk. </font>