Poll: Do you think the game is much more playable after 103

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

Because in your question you ask is it much more playable. It is improved. ....but much more playable? No.

At first blush there seems to be some help with path finding / waypoint navigation in the patch and the improvement in visual textures is very very impressive.

I still cannot in WEGO mode get Strykers to drive up to a spot, be faced correctely each and every time, pop smoke, pause a bit, disgorge the infantry and have them assault a building.

Wow factor for the graphics post 1.03 patch was amazing. Still, I wish the game was more fun to play, and I ended up the long weekend playing another older title instead of this new game. :(

That's a good point, and one I meant to address earlier, Dirtweasle.

My answer to the question as asked was "yes", but I have to admit that I also felt no compunction to play this weekend after my initial test. I spent my gaming time playing other titles as well.

Definitely more fun to play, in my eyes, not so fun yet that I'm playing it, except when taking time out to look for bugs.

I'd like to "modify" my YES answer to: Yes: I played this game ONLY over the long weekend...both PBEM and AI. It was great...never a dull moment...But then I didn't spend ANY time searching for bugs. If a bug does come my way and I can repeat it rest assured I'll report it...

It was a T72 killed by a T62 thru what looked like 10m of berm.

Tank that got killed was buttoned and the berm was as high as the antenna.

I play red v red a lot as US forces turn the game into a turkey shoot. Much more fun when the combatants are similarly geared.

I still place my bet on bug rather than real world ability modelled into the game. There is a picture on the LOS/LOF thread that shows pretty much what happened to me.

Hmm. I think it's very unlikely that BFC will go straight to CMx3, to put it mildly.

I'm hopeful that the new codebase will provide BFC the flexibility to make any major design changes that might need to be made.

To me it feels as though the issues that you mention (the whole "(seemingly) do everything possible to get yourself killed" thing really bothers me as well) are likely the result of bugs.

I'd hold out until the game is completely patched (probably only a few more patches if I'm guessing correctly) before we start trying to talk BFC into a major overhaul.

To put it mildly:

There is still a very long way to go.

Unless the LOS/LOF bugs aren´t fixed and the game isn´t WYSIWYG = No

Unless the graphic bugs aren´t sorted out = No

Unless the abysmal pathfinding isn´t fixed = No

Unless the TacAI isn´t improved to an acceptable degree = No

Since 1.3 did nothing to fix the issues mentioned above, my conclusive answer is = No