Vietnam Module?

DzrtFox

Originally posted by mike_the_wino2:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by DzrtFox:

By the way, reading back over this thread I thought I'd point out that I finally feel like I'm officially a member of the Battlefront community now that I've started my first thread that contains a Dorosh off-topic debate!

smile.gif

You have arrived. tongue.gif

I am secretly hoping that all these 'modules' will allow us pick and choose units from different nations and pit them against each other, regardless of when they actually fought. Something like Firepower . How many front line 1960's Pakistani troops would take to defeat a platoon sized force of mid-80's Spetsnaz? Or sumfink lik dat.

I can never find anyone with the A)time or B) patience to sit and play a round of Firepower. :( </font>

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by M1A1TankCommander:

Vietnam War module? Who would feel nostalgic about that conflict that America lost?

I don't ever remember losing this war. In fact, I remember that we were beating the living daylights out of them, but in accordence to public outcry, we decided that it wasn't worth our time to keep beating up on them, so we left them to the South vietnamese, whom then promptly lost the war.

So basically, we just quit fighting and left.

Originally posted by Sgt.Rock of Easy Company:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by M1A1TankCommander:

Vietnam War module? Who would feel nostalgic about that conflict that America lost?

I don't ever remember losing this war.

So basically, we just quit fighting and left. </font>

Sounds familiar to... hmmm... OIF. If we stay, we win. So basically, if we elect a democrat for president, we will lose the war, if not we win.

Regardless of whether we lost in Nam or not, it's a part of our history. It also has many very interesting battles that bring about many interesting tactical scenarios. I would buy it.

I am sorry if I got the Vietnam history wrong, when I was growing up the Soviet-Afghan was was in the news, so when my country packed up and left Afghanistan (lost), I always thought similar thing happen to Americans in Vietnam.

I guess I need to read more history instead of listening to liberal democrats

BTW, Vietnam was not a declared war(as far as I know) but an armed conflict? So you might be right, US didnt lose a war, just a conflict

Victory is not about staying or leaving Iraq, but about accomplishing the mission. Can the mission (war on terror) be accomplished in Iraq?

Is there a possibility of a Korean War module. It has everything that we could want.

1. American troops/vehicles (already released in some fashion in the WWII Normandy module)

2. North Koreans already partially modeled (T-34/85 etc)

3. Possibility of add on modules (1 module UN Forces and 1 module Chinese force)

4. Depending upon expansions but some ofthe terrain from a buldge expansion pack would be suitable for Korea.

What more could be easier to make and market (especially when we are told time and again that you need an American connection to make high volume sales)?

Originally posted by M1A1TankCommander:

I am sorry if I got the Vietnam history wrong, when I was growing up the Soviet-Afghan was was in the news, so when my country packed up and left Afghanistan (lost), I always thought similar thing happen to Americans in Vietnam.

I guess I need to read more history instead of listening to liberal democrats

BTW, Vietnam was not a declared war(as far as I know) but an armed conflict? So you might be right, US didnt lose a war, just a conflict

Victory is not about staying or leaving Iraq, but about accomplishing the mission. Can the mission (war on terror) be accomplished in Iraq?

Everybody knows the US LOST in Vietnam. Millions of commies were killed, sure, but in the end they kept the country. Packing up and went home, leaving the battlefield to the enemy, is just an euphemism for a retreat, and defeat.