Balkans/EURO new supplementing Mods

Hi there

I´m currently working on some mods that plugs into RommL´s Balkans mod and were yet missing to make the landscape looking more credible which are:

1. Added appropiate LOD for ground tiles when in far view.

2. Change of yellow grass to look more something like a forest ground floor.

3. Introduction of CMAK/CMBB brushes to replace the ingame ones.

4. Shrunk the textures for trees (currently the ones from RommL´s mod) to receive a better performance on maps with lots of trees.

What I´m yet working on:

1. New trees, possibly taken from CMBB/CMAK

1.b : New far view LOD trees (see pic #1)

2. New "marsh" terrain

3. Different walls looks.

4. More appropiate textures for the sky boxes.

5. Replacing the "grey" telephone poles with more colored ones. DONE

6. ...

I´ll make as much use of existing mods as possible and do only make completely new textures if really necessary. I´m not a big graphics artist anyway. ;)

Forest1.jpg

Forest2.jpg

If some capable modders want to colaborate, you´re welcome! smile.gif

[ February 29, 2008, 06:07 AM: Message edited by: RockinHarry ]

Originally posted by handihoc:

Yes, really nice. But some of those trees are too bright green. They should be toned down a little to look more realistic. Great work, though.

Yes, the trees in the pic are still original CMSF ones. I intend to reuse CMBB/CMAK components. Yet we need to consider CMSF does not offer seasonal effects and GFX (may to july 2008 only) so trees and plants for the mod would be always spring/summer trees, although one could do seasonal mods off course too.

Originally posted by M1A1TankCommander:

How do you mod the skybox? I cant figure it out

Loaded the appropiate textures from 100.brz (in fact I have all *.brz files unpacked permanently in folders named corresponding to the *.brz file names, in example /data/100/ ect.) to see their properties and figured these are similar to CMBB/CMAK, which are just half height and need an additional Alpha layer.

After resizing (1024x128) and adding the alpha layer, I saved the files (w. and w/o haze, thick haze) into my modding folder named /data/200/skybox/ Format: *.BMP - Alpha Channels - 32 Bit. Done.

PS: Skybox textures are as said in 100.brz, sub folders /bmp/textures/skybox/mountains/

As said it has many advantages to have the *.brz archives unpacked permanently. With this method you have instant access to ALL Data files and the game runs still fine! :cool:

Folder structure for me is

data/100/ (standard content)

data/101/ ""

data/102/ ""

data/103/ ""

data/104/ ""

data/105/ ""

data/106/ ""

data/200/ (my modded files)

if there is any mods that overrule my own files, they go (unpacked!) in 201+ and user mods that are overruled by my own mods go into 199-, as well unpacked.

Using a /data/z/ folder as suggested in the readme file is not necessary IMO.

Originally posted by SgtMuhammed:

Wow Harry, that was interesting. I didn't understand a single word you said but it was fascinating. :D

Can we download this yet? I am turning my game into a whole CMSF:ETO kind of thing.

sorry, my bad english probably. :confused: Actually it´s quite simple. However....

I just uploaded what I have so far at

CMMODS

It´s "RHZ Balkan/Euro Mod supplement"

this is yet work in progress! ;)

Originally posted by John Kettler:

RockinHarry,

Bravo! This would also appear to fit in superbly with my idea for a War of Tranistria mod, as described here. We've already amassed a fair amount of material on forces, uniforms and equipment, as shown here.

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=003956

Regards,

John Kettler

Another nice topic! As long as it´s non desert, I´ll support everything! :D

Originally posted by RockinHarry:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SgtMuhammed:

Wow Harry, that was interesting. I didn't understand a single word you said but it was fascinating. :D

Can we download this yet? I am turning my game into a whole CMSF:ETO kind of thing.

sorry, my bad english probably. :confused: Actually it´s quite simple. However....

I just uploaded what I have so far at

CMMODS

It´s "RHZ Balkan/Euro Mod supplement"

this is yet work in progress! ;) </font>