The Peng Challenge Thread as a self serving CMSF Module

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I'm sure it's just the endless round of rum, beer, wine, stray illicit pharmaceuticals, strange green pyramids improperly stored but found in the pieces tray of a long forgotten board game...

Hashish, opium, dilaudid ground up fine, sieved and snorted, crystal meth, dexedrine, psilocybin, ether, marijuana, qualudes, stelazine, thorazine, valium, seconal...

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big pink capsules that no one seemed to know exactly what they were or where they came from, small white diet pills that they kept claiming were speed but were complete ****e, Fastin, those strange black capsules that you found on the floor of the bar when you were sweeping up, absinthe...

We had been humping most of the morning....and the sun was starting to beat down again..the kind of heat mixed with bright sunshine that makes you dizzy if you lean backwards a little and look into the sky. The weather had been like this for this whole operation so far, one day a rained a little, but for the most part it was hot and humid all the time,and it just sucked the energy

right out of you. You walk along, following the guy in front of you, keeping your interval, looking around once in a while, but for the most part you stare at your shuffling feet or watch your shadow, anything to take your mind from the opressive boredom of walking to nowhere. Sometimes the natural beauty of your surroundings takes you breath away, a thousand shades of green, a crystal blue sky, but the same mage always intrudes, men carrying weapons, wearing steel helmets and green uniforms, marching aimlessly across the landscape, poised to deal death and destruction at a moments notice, a giant coiled snake waiting to strike.

We paused to check out something that the point man had discovered, the call of "Engineers up!!"

was relayed along the column of men, but I had heard it the first time and was already on my

way to the front of the company along with my partner. The Platoon Leader and the command group

moved up as well. A couple of fighting holes were uncovered, but the tunnel entrance we found was

more disturbing. There were several small villages nearby, it was May so the paddies were dry, but these little villages were like islands in a sea of dry, clumped earth, and of course there were no civilians to be seen. Scouting around the area, we found more holes and more tunnels, it seemed the whole area was connected by them.

The Que Son Valley was a traditional area of VC and NVA control, we had been getting light

contact each day since we came ashore on April 28.

This was the first real sign, that we were starting to penetrate into the enemy's home bases.

Lt. Berkheiser radioed back to the company CP that we had uncovered this extensive tunnel

complex, and he wanted more engineers and another platoon to come out and help us. I figured I was

in for a long day of setting explosive charges and blowing up bunkers and fighting holes. While we stood around waiting for the response from the Company, we could hear firing begin off in the

distance to the west of us. The popping of rifle fire,and the ripping sounds of M-60s and RPD

Machine guns and the unmistakeable crumpling sound of M79 grenades exploding grew more intense each second.

I'm tired...this is starting to bother me, sorry.

I have to go for a consultation today for possible shoulder surgery so I need to go now.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

I'm sure it's just the endless round of rum, beer, wine, stray illicit pharmaceuticals, strange green pyramids improperly stored but found in the pieces tray of a long forgotten board game...

Hashish, opium, dilaudid ground up fine, sieved and snorted, crystal meth, dexedrine, psilocybin, ether, marijuana, qualudes, stelazine, thorazine, valium, seconal... </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Hashish, opium, dilaudid ground up fine, sieved and snorted, crystal meth, dexedrine, psilocybin, ether, marijuana, qualudes, stelazine, thorazine, valium, seconal... </font>

Seanachai ranted thusly: What the hell, Joe?! He's still a Serf? What the hell do I have to do here, give him tongue? How the hell do I move this process forward and get him to being a Squire? The fecking glaciers are going to return before we sort the bastard out.
Well of COURSE he's still a serf, you said so yourself not FOUR posts before ...
Of course he's still a Serf.
So ... to quote the MASTER ... HE'S STILL A SERF!

He's YOUR Serf now instead of being Sir Sir 37mms Serf but HE'S STILL A FREAKING SERF.

You want to take him to Squire ... THEN DO SO! Make your case. But kindly remember that the Justicariate of the Peng Challenge Thread still has to rule on the individual Serf and determine whether or not ... IN THE OPINION OF THE JUSTICARIATE ... said Serf has shown the necessary qualities to be MADE a Squire. Rule 14(a)/ii was sanctioned by the Olde Ones long ago.

This prevents a given Knight from just grabbing some Shiny Rock up off the ground and, in the course of three posts, making that Shiny Rock into a Cubic Zirconium or somefink. It allows the body of the CessPool to peer at the rock, poke it with a stick and be sure, among other things, that it IS a FREAKING ROCK.

I shouldn't have to explain this to you of all people.

Besides ... he's a GooberNational ...

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

This prevents a given Knight from just grabbing some Shiny Rock up off the ground and, in the course of three posts, making that Shiny Rock into a Cubic Zirconium or somefink.

Joe

Well, to be fair, you wouldn't be changing a shiny rock into CZ, if I follow your analogy. You see, CZ is already a man-made material, but it's not created by chemically treating some other kind of rock.

What I'm saying is you can't change a rock into CZ.

Now, if you had said,

"...just grabbing some Shiny Rock up off the ground and, in the course of three posts, making that Shiny Rock into a beautifully finished gem",

Your analogy would have made a bit more sense.

Just trying to help out.

The poor Finlander, who shalln't be named, hasn't seen the sun in six months and I fear he has gone quite insane.

If you want my professional opinion I think his nordic brain froze fast to the inside of his skull causing a severe yet temporary case of turrets syndrome. Being sent to Coventry by the guardians of the Cesspool was too much for the poor lass... er lad's self esteem and like the ice on Lake St Clair, he finally cracked.

No matter the cause, the non-turn-sending bleach blond reindeer farmer has been extra annoying of late and I support Steve's decision on putting him on probation!

If he continues to act up, toss his pasty white arse out of here!!!

Viva El Duce!

I figure most of you new lot are living in your parent's basement and have practiced kissing with your family's spaniel.

But if it's a girl, it technically counts. You didn't specify species. Now stop it you lot, it's been documented that I am married, to a woman, who blessed my children enough to leave out the bad genes that I've incorporated........for the most part. And yes, they are my children. We were on an episode of "Maury" having their DNA tested.

I didnt get to blow up any bunkers that day, but we spent a good 12 hours locked in a running battle with several platoons of the 12th VC regiment along with a company or more of the 324C North Vietnamese Army Division. Things got hotter and hotter as the day wore on. We lost four guys to a friendly fire incident involving a Helicopter gunship. This day the enemy decided to stand and fight, and as usual it was on his ground and it was very close. I learned the meaning of close air support that day, as Marine F4 Phantoms and A4 Skyhawks did their work. Do you know what its like to see 250lb glide bomb dropped behind you and watch them as they descend to their impact points sometimes a mere 50 yards in front of you? The concussion feels like a punch in the chest, and that is just the air. These guys were good, every bomb on target. They were so low that the NVA were firing at them with MGs as they made their passes. We could see the green tracers arcing up. but it also gave away their positions.

Originally posted by bauhaus:

I figure most of you new lot are living in your parent's basement and have practiced kissing with your family's spaniel.

But if it's a girl, it technically counts. You didn't specify species. Now stop it you lot, it's been documented that I am married, to a woman, who blessed my children enough to leave out the bad genes that I've incorporated........for the most part. And yes, they are my children. We were on an episode of "Maury" having their DNA tested. </font>

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

37mm, I am all misty that you remembered me in your post, I am, however, somewhat underwhelmed that you forgot I have returned to the US of goddam A. Or maybe you have a low opinion of the conditions on our American streets?

I just assumed anybody, be they American or Arab, would be taking pot shots at you... you are rather annoying after all

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Just trying to help out.

Boo, I really wouldn't bother trying to improve a Joe Shaw analogy they are so terrible that any small improvements you could make would merely be lost in all that awfulness... I mean reading one of his analogies is a little bit liking drunkenly watching a puppy crap in some corner on a storm wracked boat.

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Just trying to help out.

Boo, I really wouldn't bother trying to improve a Joe Shaw analogy they are so terrible that any small improvements you could make would merely be lost in all that awfulness... I mean reading one of his analogies is a little bit liking drunkenly watching a puppy crap in some corner on a storm wracked boat. </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

... I'll come in again

The only good thing about this statement is that it at least implies that you're leaving... if only for a short while.

Like the pleasure gained from an ice cold sip of water when you're stranded on a volcanic planet without adequate supplies of anything but chilli flavoured Doritos... you know I think I'm getting the hang of this Shavian-style analogy lark.