Soldier models

mazex

Originally posted by sgtgoody (esq):

My last NTC I tried to be slick and sewed some pieces of sleeping mat into the knees of my BDU's. It made my pants just tight enough that the first time I took a knee they ripped. As anyone who has worn BDU's can tell you, the first place they rip is the crotch. So I had to run around in crotchless BDU's until they got us our duffle bags a week later. Drafty to say the least.

MARPAT cammies come with pockets sewn in at the knees and elbows precisely for this purpouse. There are alledgedly pad inserts available through the supply chain but i've yet to get mine. A friend said they make shooting from the kneeling quite a bit more tolerable.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that, but the side pockets on ACUs are slanted, not flat across. Also, id like to see a choice of having certain things on/off, like knee/elbow pads.

Will the faces of US soldiers have different BMP files than bad guys? Its better for modding that way. Will it still be easy to mod(adding war paint, bruises, etc) How many different faces will be there? As many as in other CM games?

I've asked Dan to double check the pockets because they should be (of course) slanted. There will be some diversity of extra gear, like pads, glasses, and what not. However, this being a game where you have 100-300 men under your command we aren't going to spend that much time trying to make them stand out as individuals.

BMPs for skin are now quite varried. Not only for both sides as sides, but within the side itself. The new system allows us to not only have different faces, but different colored skin texture sets. As we all know, a large percentage of the US Army is not white so we would be doing an injustice if CM:SF didn't reflect that fact.

Steve

The M-16A4 is a weapon that can adjusted

with different sights-optical-the carry

handle is gone so you can attach those

options on.

1st Gulf war we didn't have that,

I've notoce a nice aray of verants of

weapon configs.

M-249SSAW has heat shield on barrel,

diffent carring handle and stock is

fiberclass-when I had my SAW it didn't

have that...But slowly fazed them in...

They have shortend version of the SAW

with optical sights-really cool looking.

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

I've asked Dan to double check the pockets because they should be (of course) slanted. There will be some diversity of extra gear, like pads, glasses, and what not. However, this being a game where you have 100-300 men under your command we aren't going to spend that much time trying to make them stand out as individuals.

BMPs for skin are now quite varried. Not only for both sides as sides, but within the side itself. The new system allows us to not only have different faces, but different colored skin texture sets. As we all know, a large percentage of the US Army is not white so we would be doing an injustice if CM:SF didn't reflect that fact.

Steve

Thank you Steve.

I was always bothered by having same faces for both sides, and lack of people of color. I am glad this will be fixed.

Make sure you guys include Army brown "contraceptive" ugly glasses.

Originally posted by M1A1TankCommander:

I was always bothered by having same faces for both sides, and lack of people of color. I am glad this will be fixed.

Make sure you guys include Army brown "contraceptive" ugly glasses. [/QB]

AHHHH,for the love of God, no BCGs, please!!!1!

Hehe... BCG... funny one. To think that they were stylish back in the 1940s and 1950s and people CHOSE to wear them. How we have matured as a society since then smile.gif

Women are still not allowed in combat units. Since CM:SF is about frontline combat then it follows there will be no females in CM:SF. Yes, yes, yes... I am very aware that the definition of frontline has been rubbed away so it is hardly noticable these days, but since the vast majority of battles conducted in CM:SF will not involve rear echelon units it doesn't make sense for us to spend precious time making female models. Plus, knowing our crew they would all come out looking like Lara Kroft and that isn't very realistic now is it? :D

Steve