Shock Force Dedicated Website

Mace

Couple of small, VERY minor points. Can we get some left handed shooters? I know it seems trivial, but us lefties are just plain superior from the marksmanship standpoint, so put a few of us in the game. We should also get an FP bonus, but that would be too much to ask for.

Second, for the mortars, I would like to suggest an increase in the realism firing animation. I don't know how the Army does it, but in the Marines (At least in the '90s), they taught the loader to slap his thigh after dropping the round. That little muscle memory trick made sure their hand got out of the way of the muzzle. That would be cool to see in the game.

Originally posted by gibsonm:

Development schedule:

Web site (tick)

Demo version (TBA - hopefully soon?)

Production version (TBA)

I could be wrong but don't they have to build the playable demo after the final gold release is sent off to duplication and production?

so...

I would guess there won't be a playable demo until maybe late March (optimistic) to April or maybe even May or June (in the worst case scenario).

But hey.... I am only guessing smile.gif

-tom w

No lefties. Sorry, that would require doubling our animation workload. As a right hander who has a left hander for a sister, I know for a fact that you lefties just make eating at the dining table more challenging, nothing more :D

Animations that you see in screenshots are all quick placeholders. Don't pay them any more attention than you would the man behind the curtain.

We are unlikely to release a Demo until the game has gone Gold Master. Why? Because experience has shown that we lose about one month of development time dealing with the various things that are needed before and after a demo release. It's a major distraction that actually causes you to get the real deal LATER than you would otherwise.

Steve