Australia hijacks the Peng Challenge Thread...yet again!!

Originally posted by SturmSebber:

Why do men always ask me to please thém? Doesn't anyone ever stop to think about MY FEELINGS? I feel so Michael Jackson right now.

Sturmy, sturmy, sturmy I consider many of your feelings… frustration, shame and, of course, pain

BOOT!!

BOOT!!

BOOT!!

… Now stop whinging you wet blanket & let me plant my booties on your back... you cannot hope to make a squire but you’ll make a fine poof.

Now let’s hope the Ozzies kick the arses of those diving, samba eating, goofy looking show-offs.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I've never been a parent...wistful...I'm never likely to be a parent. Frankly, I think I'd be ****e at it. But I think I could be a really good Grandma Steve

And a good Grandma Steve you probably are.

Today is Father's Day in America...(I don't know if other countrys celebrate such a thing, and if they did, I also don't know on what date).

When I think back on parenting, what comes to mind is how basically easy it all is. Give security, advice, boundaries, discipline and lots of love, and most other things work out by themselves.

What young person, especially a guy, ever thinks about the responsibilities of parenting. Lord knows there are enough fatherless children in this world. We seem to be the only species that abandons its young. I guess that's not surprising since we kill our own young and each other with equal glee. Well anyway, who is equipped these days to raise children? We all are actually, and with a little work and a lot of sacrifice we can turn out decent human beings to take over for us.

/end waxing philosophical mode

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Sturmy's a serf? How's that possible? Lunitic should be a knight by now.

KNIGHT HIM!

Lunatic is right ... Berli when he shows enough sticktoitiveness to ... uh ... stick around for a while I think Sir Sir 37mm might well promote him to Squire, but as it is the lad is a flibbertijibbet, a will-o-the-wisp, a clown ... to quote a song recently parodied on a certain podcast.

It is the responsibility of the Knight who proposed the Serf to promote him when AND IF he judges the lad worthy.

You know how I am about procedures, are you trying to give me hives or something?

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

It is the responsibility of the Knight who proposed the Serf to promote him when AND IF he judges the lad worthy.

Balderdash! Emma made him a serf some time ago. What's Sir Doorknocker have to do with anything? For that matter, what brain stem made him a knight?

Emma made him a serf some time ago

Oh no, not again! I’m not losing another one… Sturmy is the last one I’ve got.

Sure he’s an utterly awful serf, a yellow-backed damp fish of a man who clearly has too much of the ‘dancing about in a bright dress like an utter berk’ & not enough of the ‘charging stark naked into jerry’s trenches’ about him… but he’s the last of the serfs that I’ve proposed over the years and so I’m bloody well keeping my right of first refusal!

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Balderdash! Emma made him a serf some time ago. What's Sir Doorknocker have to do with anything? For that matter, what brain stem made him a knight? </font>

I'm going to cry and soil myself now.

AND FURTHERMORE ... my Gawd I haven't seen such mincing about, pouty downcurled lower lip and dewy eyes since Hiram first peeked in the door.

We've a RULE in here lad ... SOUND OFF LIKE YOU'VE GOT A PAIR!

Joe

I'm going to cry and soil myself now.

Dear Peng, clean yourself up before you end up looking even more foul & pathetic than you usually do you pickle brained vermin… oh & send me the turn for which I’ve been waiting ALMOST A YEAR!

Well, no need to dive into the archives juan_gigante, pity that ... you'd have done a PROPER job of it, footnotes, references and the like, oh well ...

Be it hereby known and acknowledged that the SSN known as Sturmsebber is now and shall be a Serf of the CessPool and shall be granted all rights and privileges thereof ... which, as a Serf, ain't many.

Sturmsebber (spelt but not bolded) has been proposed by Sir Sir 37mm who has rights of first refusal should ... NOTE YOU Sir Sir 37mm SHOULD ... he prove worthy of the honor of being advanced to the rank of Squire.

Mind you I'll be watching carefully to ensure that the lad has progressed sufficiently ... you don't throw away Stormsewer lightly you know.

The Post

AND I'll note with some surprise that Sir Sir 37mm actually appears to be taking my words to heart and is actually REVIEWING the lad's career. Others should take note and follow his lead.

So it IS up to Sir Sir 37mm in this case. I've no doubt that, should Sturmsebber (spelt but not bolded) apply himself and carry the piss bucket of Serfdom with the proper CessPool attitude he can advance to the rank of Squire ... maybe ... and the sun COULD rise in the WEST tomorrow.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

AND I'll note with some surprise that Sir Sir 37mm actually appears to be taking my words to heart and is actually REVIEWING the lad's career.

Joe

Why should this surprise you? I trained SirSir 37mm myself.

But then, considering what I had to work with, I admit to a bit of incredulity myself.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Why should this surprise you? I trained SirSir 37mm myself.

But then, considering what I had to work with, I admit to a bit of incredulity myself.

Trained?

Pointing at Joe Shaw & saying "go get 'im" can hardly be described as training*… what I am is an all natural talent

* okay sure you did whack me a few times until I stopped staring at your hand

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Have you noticed that I've not invited an Australian on the podcast ... there's a reason for that.

The piece of string of your can-o-phone won't reach this far? </font>