Poll: New name

M1A1TC

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering existing trademarks and such, inventing these things is a waste of time. However, few suggestions:

Combat Mission: Freedom Brigade

Combat Mission: Objective Force

Combat Mission: Strike-Force Liberty

Combat Mission: The Gnome Bunch vs The Elves

EDIT: added another one

[ October 17, 2005, 05:11 AM: Message edited by: SSgt Viljuri ]

I've always felt that BFC, and BTS earlier, gave underachieving titles to their games. I protested against "Combat Mission" when it was first announced oh these many, many moons ago. Well, I don't suppose it matters too much. I doubt that BFC has lost many sales on account of its titles. But since the subject has come up, I have to admit that though they have become familiar and accepted to me now, I still find them uninspiring. I think the company that consistently gave good names to its products was GDW, back around 25-30 years ago. The only thing I would count against that was their tendency to use German names for campaigns, some of which would be awkward for a non-German to pronounce.

Michael

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Let's try: Combat Mission: Liberating the Next Islamic Nation We Think We Can Justify Attacking and Actually Beat.

Guys, comments like this are only going to be disruptive to the forums. As we have mentioned, we do understand if you and others are not interested in modern warfare, but please dont make our jobs harder because of it.

Dan

[ October 17, 2005, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

Originally posted by RMC:

Combat Mission: Durka Durka Durka

Yup thats that BEST one so far.

It gets my vote.

I am Still LAUGHING!!!

ROTFLMAO

If anyone here has not seen "Team America" rent it and get together with your best male buddies (hint: most women don't find this stuff too funny) and break out the alcohol!

And be prepared to LAUGH YOUR ASS off! Durka Durka Durka!!!

(the uncut simulated puppet sex scene is truly a masterpiece of cinemagraphic x-rated excellence!)

he he

-tom w

Guys, stop being pathetic and posting political stuff. If you're so insecure about your viewpoint that you have to bring this crap up every post, it says a lot more than arguing with you ever could.

As for the name...I like strike force, shock force reminds me of shock troops, and it doesn't quite roll off the tounge, either. Either way, I'll just call it CMSF, anyway.

Originally posted by yuvuphys:

Guys, stop being pathetic and posting political stuff. If you're so insecure about your viewpoint that you have to bring this crap up every post, it says a lot more than arguing with you ever could.

Well, the subject matter definitely invites this kind of commentary. I think it's unavoidable to a certain extent. BFC must be well aware of this linkage. Absent OIF a hypothetical invasion of Syria would be much less contentious IMO.

As for the name...I like strike force, shock force reminds me of shock troops, and it doesn't quite roll off the tounge, either. Either way, I'll just call it CMSF, anyway.

I like Strike Force too. There was a real doctrinal development in the years prior to the Stryker called Strike Force. It was the medium weight solution before GEN Shinseki became CSA and gave us the Stryker and black berets.

Originally posted by RMC:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by yuvuphys:

Well, the subject matter definitely invites this kind of commentary. I think it's unavoidable to a certain extent. BFC must be well aware of this linkage. Absent OIF a hypothetical invasion of Syria would be much less contentious IMO.

</font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />As for the name...I like strike force, shock force reminds me of shock troops, and it doesn't quite roll off the tounge, either. Either way, I'll just call it CMSF, anyway.
I like Strike Force too. There was a real doctrinal development in the years prior to the Stryker called Strike Force. It was the medium weight solution before GEN Shinseki became CSA and gave us the Stryker and black berets. </font>