Screen Resolution

I haven't posted on this forum in a very long while but wanted to say something here. I have a 1920 x 1200 display, hoping that CMSF will somehow deal with this well. I bought it for photo-editing and boy does it works awesome for that, but games pretty much look strange on it.

Using the display at that resolution would be the sweetest method, but diplaying the game at some other resolution but not stretched to fill the display would be better than what most games currently do.

1280 x 854

This is ONLY a guess but in the OS X thread Steve has posted that he is running the beta code in XP on a MacBook Pro and my guess is (unless there is something funky in the beta code and he is seeing black bars on each side :confused: ) that he is running in wide screen mode at about 1280 x 854 which is the standard wide screen resolution of the 15inch Macbook Pro (I think).

I am on a 15 inch G4 Powerbook Mac (PPC NON intel) now and it is 1280 x 854.

The other large format Mac wide screen LCD is 1680 x 1050.

There has been no official comment but wide screen Macs never had any problem with any of the CMx1 games. FWIW

-tom w

[ February 21, 2007, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

1280 x 854

This is ONLY a guess but in the OS X thread Steve has posted that he is running the beta code in XP on a MacBook Pro and my guess is (unless there is something funky in the beta code and he is seeing black bars on each side :confused: ) that he is running in wide screen mode at about 1280 x 854 which is the standard wide screen resolution of the 15inch Macbook Pro (I think).

I am on a 15 inch G4 Powerbook Mac (PPC NON intel) now and it is 1280 x 854.

The other large format Mac wide screen LCD is 1680 x 1050.

There has been no official comment but wide screen Macs never had any problem with any of the CMx1 games. FWIW

-tom w

The Macbook Pro's screen resolution (15") is 1440 x 900, not 1280 x 854. That does not mean he used it to its max abilities mind you.

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

The bigger the screen, the slower the performance. Just a reminder for you big screen guys smile.gif

I actually don't know what resolutions we are going to support. I'm running on an external 19" flatpanel. Can't remember what the resolution is so I'll check on that.

Steve

my guess is its running at:

1680 x 1050

on the 19 inch Apple LCD

but I am just guessing

-tom w

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

The bigger the screen, the slower the performance. Just a reminder for you big screen guys smile.gif

I actually don't know what resolutions we are going to support. I'm running on an external 19" flatpanel. Can't remember what the resolution is so I'll check on that.

Steve

Actually, my 22" Samsung has 2 ms response time..... smile.gif

Big AND fast.

Samsungs 940BF and 931BF are the 19 inch 2 ms models. (the 940 is the older model, but the specs are the same as far as I can make out).

(just checked, bought one two weeks ago under this name, but the name already changed again. The new name is 960BF - the BF designation seems to be the fast respons one).

Dont know what the 22 inch model would be named, 260 BF???. But be warned, the 19 inch one is about 300 euro, the 22 inch one about 800. (in the Netherlands, including VAT, etc.).

Originally posted by Bertram:

Dont know what the 22 inch model would be named, 260 BF???. But be warned, the 19 inch one is about 300 euro, the 22 inch one about 800. (in the Netherlands, including VAT, etc.).

The Samsung website lists the 225BW monitor at 5ms.

In my research I've yet to find a 22" (or larger) lcd with a 2ms response time. Though I'm not sure if 5ms vs 2ms is significant.