Mine Dogs

Artillery & Infantry Gun Horse Teams & Limbers

Pack Mules & Mountain Guns

Techie

Ammo Resupply

Casualty Evac

Camo Levels - 1 day emplaced verse 10 days etc

Monty's Moonlight

Temporary Military Bridging (Pontoons/Bailey placed by designer - ribbon bridges deployable in game)

Landing and assault craft

Napalm

Trip Flares

Different coloured tracer

WP grenades

Differentiation between WP and chemical smoke rounds

Glider Dodads for illustrating LZs

Decoy Tanks/AFV/Trucks/AT Guns etc

Mine Plows, Rollers and Flails

Rhinos & Hedgecutters

That'll do...

Forget nukes, I think BFC had said once that even MLRS rocket fire may be outside the scope of the game! The resulting cluster bomb footprint just covers too wide an area to be at all useful in a game of this scale. Like B24 strategic bombing raids were outside of the scope in CMx1.

One of these days BFC's going to come out with space Lobsters Sci-Fi game based on the CMx2 engine. And I hope they throw caution to the wind on that title, throw in the most outrageous ideas that they'd never include in a historical game. What would be a Space Lobster equivalent to the Sturmtiger?

Originally posted by flamingknives:

Recovering ditched AFVs...

Do you have any information on how often that was done in the context represented by a SM battle? I am aware that the Germans sometimes did that kind of thing, but I can't put any numbers on it. I don't think the Allies did it much. Seems like people would wait until the shooting stopped, figuring "why lose a tank and an ARV too?"

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by flamingknives:

Recovering ditched AFVs...

Do you have any information on how often that was done in the context represented by a SM battle? I am aware that the Germans sometimes did that kind of thing, but I can't put any numbers on it. I don't think the Allies did it much. Seems like people would wait until the shooting stopped, figuring "why lose a tank and an ARV too?"

Michael </font>

flamingknives - Applied logic - I like that a lot.

the most compelling argument I can think of is the existance of armoured recovery units
Of course! They're armoured for a reason - otherwise they'd just need to be a beefy tractor type thing.

A compelling argument indeed!

Originally posted by cassh:

flamingknives - Applied logic...

But incomplete factuality.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />the most compelling argument I can think of is the existance of armoured recovery units
Of course! They're armoured for a reason - otherwise they'd just need to be a beefy tractor type thing.</font>