CMx2 Engine - Odd Things To Consider for Future

cassh

British ARVs are typically armoured to the same or similar extent as the vehicles they are intended to recover. MBT ARRVs are based on MBT chassis, IFV ARRVs are turretless IFV chassis etc. There are Foden recovery trucks as well (they're a bit huge) but I don't think that they're used in anything approaching a combat situation.

BTW, I always thought that one of the reasons, perhaps the major one, for going to an ARV version of your predominant AFV was the tractive power of said vehicle on a variety of poor surfaces. I.e., it probably didn't make much sense to try to drag a Sherman out of a ditch with a Stuart. Spares commonality within the battalion would have been a plus too.

Michael

I believe Drop Team is perfectly happy to flip your vehicle over if you make a stupid mistake. I wouldn't mind seeing vehicle accidents in CMx2 as long as the accident was MY fault somehow. If the AI starts randomly flipping humves over and driving tanks off bridges this 'feature' could get really old really fast.

LOL!!! Very true MikeyD very true. I didn’t realize that Drop Team allowed that, that’s cool.

As for my other point you are absolutely right dan/california. I guess what I should have said was is there some sort of value that each of your vehicles has and as the operation/campaign goes on does the vehicle ware more and have a higher likelihood of breaking down? Are your vehicles considered brand new at the beginning of a campaign? Lord knows there are very few new items in the army today, mostly stuff that has been maintained over the years.

steve