SimHQ AAR from Magnum SimHQ

Very nice indeed !

Thanks JonhO

People wishing for tutorial missions shouldn´t worry too much, a simple mission like this one and maybe an AAR, and you will be launched.

I myself will pick the smallest map in the mission battle generator and start fiddling with the diferent units present in the game until confortable with the interface.

After looking at the SimHQ AAR on a CM:SF battle. I would recommend at least looking at these FMs,

FM 3-21.9 SBCT Inf Rifle Plt/Sqd

FM 3-21.7 (FM7-7J) Mech Inf Plt/Sqd (Bradley)

FM 3-20.15 Tank Plt

Just my two cents :D

JohnO

Originally posted by SimHq.com Tom Cofield:

JohnO, I might have to go digging around in my old footlocker for those books.

Where I work at it is easy for me to get copy's but for now FM 3-20.15 Tank Plt (Dated Feb 2007) is not releasable to the public yet. However the old FM 17-15 Tank Plt is smile.gif

JohnO

Originally posted by JohnO:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SimHq.com Tom Cofield:

JohnO, I might have to go digging around in my old footlocker for those books.

Where I work at it is easy for me to get copy's but for now FM 3-20.15 Tank Plt (Dated Feb 2007) is not releasable to the public yet. However the old FM 17-15 Tank Plt is smile.gif

JohnO </font>

Originally posted by Rollstoy:

I hope the absence of terrain shading is only a matter of setting the game time to, like, 12 a.m.?

The screenshot in the Gamestar review kind of answered my question: there does not seem to be terrain shading!

Seems that we are back to gridded terrain mods?!?!

Or not?

Best regards,

Thomm

My own mini-AAR.

SPOILER ALERT (if you didn't read any of the above ;) )

ATGM Ambush actually seems to be most fun when played as Red. The Blue AI comes on like gangbusters. If the ATGM doesn't hit his target he's guaranteed to be chewed-up instantly by 25mm. The Syrian recoilless rifles on the flank are praying for a Bradley to come into view before they have to contend with the foot infantry. 73mm recoilless gun flank shot - maybe you'll miss, maybe you'll hit for a mobility kill, maybe you'll pierce him and set off a secondary explosion when his TOWs cook-off!

This is arguably the simplest battle & simplest map on the disk. But the guys have alot of affection for that little scenario. smile.gif