What will be fixed in 1.05?

Guest Guest

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@OP:

Sorry to break it to you, but I think you're going to want to start looking around for another way to spend your time for a while.

While the other "make or break" issues you bring up might be fixable more or less soon, ISTR Steve has already stated that the visible trenches/foxholes thing is something that players will have to live with for a while; it's something that they hope to improve for CMx2:WWII, but probably not before then.

But don't take my word for it. Search is your friend.

Cheers,

YD

yeah... i had my buddy over (BIG fan of playing hotseat with me on CMx1) and the first thing he said when we played hotseat was

"hopefully all these things (he had pointed out some bugs in general) will be fixed in patches, but im a bit dissapointed in this game, after all these used to be the -its done when its done- guys who wouldnt release a product until it was 100% bug free"

and i feel inclined to agree with him... on CMx1 most of the bug fixes were just not bugs in the gamer sense of the word... it was more improvements or very small discrepherances in armor values and the like...

oh and one thing id like added for WWII is the ability go get an information box about the unit youve marked (we had this in all the other CM games, where you could see detailed info on the armor and weapons of a unit... i sure miss that since i dont know squat about what the differances between the abrams tank versions are)

Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

yeah... i had my buddy over (BIG fan of playing hotseat with me on CMx1) and the first thing he said when we played hotseat was

"hopefully all these things (he had pointed out some bugs in general) will be fixed in patches, but im a bit dissapointed in this game, after all these used to be the -its done when its done- guys who wouldnt release a product until it was 100% bug free"

and i feel inclined to agree with him... on CMx1 most of the bug fixes were just not bugs in the gamer sense of the word... it was more improvements or very small discrepherances in armor values and the like...

oh and one thing id like added for WWII is the ability go get an information box about the unit youve marked (we had this in all the other CM games, where you could see detailed info on the armor and weapons of a unit... i sure miss that since i dont know squat about what the differances between the abrams tank versions are)

BFC have more or less said they knew it wasn't ready but had agreed a retail release they couldn't get out of - or couldn't get out of *again*.

So yeah I agree with you but I've hope they can fix it. I certainly don't think it's fundamentally broken.

Look at the difference from 1.0 to 1.04 and there's loads of progress been made. And they released 12(?) patches for CMBO, so we've got 8 left :D

It is not as easy to patch/build these products as most people seem to think. Considering that they are probably 1/10 the size of a development team on any EA game, I think they have done a terrific job.

Give it time to mature and it will become the product that we want it to be. There are few games out there with a more loyal following (as well as well-read and intelligent). I started a list of the things that I would like to se added, got up to point 8 and have found 2-3 more things that I liked about CMx1 that I would like to see incorperated. In 2 years we will all be laughing at these posts just as some people laughed about there old posts to CMBO.

Perhaps we could start a thread (or non-postable area) where we could submit our wants/needs and they could keep us abreast of what is up with each request. We do this with our own software through a product called "Bugzilla".

Well I am NOT spending more money on any new CMSF release, until I see very real improvements from people I know who are old CM players and know what they are talking about. I have not played CMSF in over two weeks anyway, and have no desire to break it out again, it is just not doing it for me. There are way too many things they have screwed up in this game, and I have read post after post from people bringing up real issues and concerns with no response from BF. This game was not ready when it came out and is still not ready, and players and customers keep pointing out issues...and this after four years of development.

Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

What, those minor bugs that were never fixed like borg spotting, the invincible reverse crest position, the crawl of death, impossible to kill HQ squads, unduly effective handgrenades vs. armour, no accounting for relative sizes of tank components and cowering tanks?

The bugs that did get fixed, like gamey jeep rushes, the invulnerability of softskins to direct fire guns, the lack of machine gun effectiveness, the oversimplified armour model and the whole map erupting into exploding buildings due to random bomb combinations?

The data screen would be nice, but anything save the most basic armour detail would not be possible, due to increased model complexity and the different effects of different weapons on different armour types.

Originally posted by flamingknives:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

What, those minor bugs that were never fixed like borg spotting, the invincible reverse crest position, the crawl of death, impossible to kill HQ squads, unduly effective handgrenades vs. armour, no accounting for relative sizes of tank components and cowering tanks?

The bugs that did get fixed, like gamey jeep rushes, the invulnerability of softskins to direct fire guns, the lack of machine gun effectiveness, the oversimplified armour model and the whole map erupting into exploding buildings due to random bomb combinations?

The data screen would be nice, but anything save the most basic armour detail would not be possible, due to increased model complexity and the different effects of different weapons on different armour types. </font>