The Nibelungen Peng Challenge Ring Saga Thread...I Know, Let's Do a Show!

Originally posted by Stuka:

Yeah, reckon i'll scoot over to Dubai for the game, it's only just over a 1/2 hour flight....

No faggy armour and helmets on those modern day gladiators, no siree!

You know, I've constantly seen comments like this from Euros and Failed Euros (like Aussies), for years.

I don't follow Team Sports of any nation, myself, because for the last 20 years, at least, they're simply huge festivals to keep the poor and stupid oblivious to the fact that they should be awake, and asking their government a lot more questions.

But I have noticed this: American Football players are beaten into human wrecks. Despite all the safety equipment, the rules, the sheer ARMOUR of their profession, most of them, if they play long enough, and many of them, who can't play for very long at all because of injury, hobble into old age like warriors crippled in battle.

I don't see much sign of that in the various other 'World Sports'.

I mean, they make a lot of noise about how 'they don't play with all that gear, they play like REAL men', but I don't see the same sort of...shall we call it 'Casualty Reporting' about all the rest of that lot.

It's probably just a 'reportage' issue. I mean, we don't really follow the sports news of the rest of the world. So we don't hear about the injuries and cripplings occasioned by the various European inspired sports.

I'm sure that if, in the Middle Ages, there was a large number of nations that foreswore heavy armour in favour of jousting in their underwear with peacock feathers, their neighbours that were still using lances, mauls and battle-axes would have been subjected to endless diatribes on the virility of people who weren't afraid to dance naked in dew circles.

But I simply speculate.

For myself, the obsession of you wankers with sports is a sign that you've given up on making the world any better place to be.

I'm with you! Solidarity, brothers! I paddle, now. I don't care if the world spirals into such a tight circle of despair that, like the 'Nowhere Bird', it disappears up its own arsehole.

Of course, I'm actually paddling. Most of you lot are just watching the telly.

But I figure most of you do something to stay active.

Posting, say. Or recycling the empties, maybe.

Everyone knows that I'm an opinionated bastard, eh? But watching a sport you don't participate in is like taking pleasure in watching someone else masturbate.

Interesting, and even relaxing, on occasion.

But ultimately, just another afternoon with a box of kleenex.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

For myself, the obsession of you wankers with sports is a sign that you've given up on making the world any better place to be.

The world reached the pinnacle of its evolution when I showed up, it simply cannot get any better so you might as well enjoy sport.

But ultimately, just another afternoon with a box of kleenex.

Did I ever tell you I make kleenex?

Originally posted by Speedy:

Did I ever tell you I make kleenex?

Fascinating.

Moving right along, this reminded me of an episode of Rome: The Series that I watched a month or so ago. First season, I believe. In it, Caesar has stopped by Lucius Vorena's house and Niobe has offered him some water.

Caesar drinks and then compliments Niobe on the water. Instead of just thanking her. I just thought it was a little odd, so I rewrote it in my mind.

Caesar: "This is very good water. I compliment you on it."

Niobe: "Thank you... I made it myself."

Caesar (Does spit take)

Have I mentioned that I could never write for a dramatic series?

Caesar was just being polite you ninny.....he needed Vorenus' services, and was treating his family with unusual respect in order to gain trust , and appear to be a man of the people.

Add to that the fact that the water was pretty horrible in that part of the city, and I'm sure that Caesar knew that, so he made Vorenus' wife feel at ease.

Now that is what a script writer would think, and that's probably why they are on strike, because boobs like you think their job is a piece of cake.

You dolt, don't you know anything!

[ February 06, 2008, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

I got off work early tonight. No one cares. That's awesome.

I'm still at work. 5pm. On a Friday! That's awesome too! **sob** </font>

Originally posted by Noba:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mace:

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mace: