The Peng Challenge: Now, With Retsyn!

dalem

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JC_Hare:

The true art of the challenge would be to get your potential opponent to agree to a rousing, good PBEM game without him realising that he is being challenged... that is the canadian way.

I thought wearing black socks while having sex was the Canadian way. </font>

Originally posted by JC_Hare:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JC_Hare:

The true art of the challenge would be to get your potential opponent to agree to a rousing, good PBEM game without him realising that he is being challenged... that is the canadian way.

I thought wearing black socks while having sex was the Canadian way. </font>

Originally posted by Abbott:

Who was stolen?

Who buggared off?

Who became homeless and destitute?

And who the hell wouldn’t like me?

UNO: I said ‘sort of’ stolen either way it was v42belows current serf… v42below ‘took him’ whilst I was still ‘probing’ the young lad… all technically legitimate but it’s just not the kind of thing proper knights do (so doesn’t really apply to v42below anyway).

DUO: Stormsebber… say’s ‘he’s busy’ which is complete nonsense as he’s a fecking Belgian

TROISO: Some Oirish lad who’s name escapes me… I was gonna make him my serf then his life collapsed around him. One day the daft buggar will be back… presumably after he’s gotten himself a nice warm cardboard box for the coming winter

QUATTRIO: I met a real arsehole of a Scot today (I know, I know ain’t they all)… I don’t think he’d like you

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Abbott:

Who was stolen?

Who buggared off?

Who became homeless and destitute?

And who the hell wouldn’t like me?

UNO: I said ‘sort of’ stolen either way it was v42belows current serf… v42below ‘took him’ whilst I was still ‘probing’ the young lad… all technically legitimate but it’s just not the kind of thing proper knights do (so doesn’t really apply to v42below anyway).

DUO: Stormsebber… say’s ‘he’s busy’ which is complete nonsense as he’s a fecking Belgian

blah

blah

blah

</font>

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

Numero uno, why are you "probing" the boy? That is such a Bone Vulture thing to do.

Numero dos, if you spend your time "probing" your serfs, can you blame the lad for claiming to be busy?

UNOROMERO: I don't know what a boney thingy is... I suspect it's something to do with Yankee sports

DUO-ESMARENTA: O'course we'z can blame 'em... it's wat they is for, like!

Wait a second. Perhaps I need to bone up on my MBT rules and regulations, but if I recall correctly, serfs serve the Cesspool as a whole - not individual knights of it. It is only after one becomes a squire that one becomes the vassal of a particular knight. So Sir Sir 37mm, it is wrong for you to assert that I was stolen from you by Sir v42below, because even though he requested my serfdom, I still serve the MBT as a whole. We'd need the Justicar to confirm my suspicions, or the Auxilary Blah Blah Blah Replacement Justicar Boo, but I believe that I am correct.

Originally posted by juan_gigante:

Wait a second. Perhaps I need to bone up on my MBT rules and regulations, but if I recall correctly, serfs serve the Cesspool as a whole - not individual knights of it. It is only after one becomes a squire that one becomes the vassal of a particular knight.

You are correct... which just proves the 1000 monkey theory

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

I must insist that you CHANGE YOUR GODDAMN SIG LINE, YOU DYSFUNCTIONAL MUTANT!

Ah, you must not have heard me the first time I said this, so allow me to repeat myself.

No.

You want it changed? Challenge me to a Blood Hamster. Do we have a deal? </font>

The very next person who pisses me off is going to have to get up on top of a coffee table and do a little 'Charleston and Cutesy Mugging' routine.

A little song and dance. In a humiliating sort of way.

I don't think most of you unrepentant half-wits understand just what sort of volcanic fury and judgmental viciousness lies at the heart of my love for you.

I have killed and eaten animals that displayed more intelligence than 80% of you lot. I have stood swaying in a darkened alley, and pissed a more intellectually intriguing stream of consciousness than all but a very few of you are capable of. I have woven words and concepts together, even while dead drunk, to create a tapestry of weirdness that passes so far above the heads of most of you that even when you stand on each other's shoulders, the best you can do is wave at it as it trails across your consciousness.

I have completely blown off and screwed up a better life than most of you will ever achieve, even should you live as long as I have.

That's why I love you guys. You really need me.

I have committed to writing 50,000 words during the month of November. That works out to some 1,670 words per day, or about 7 pages.

I have made this promise to my nephew Danny, the Goddess, the memory of Hunter S. Thompson, and, well, in a way I cannot explain, MrPeng.

Because He always believed in me.

A goddamn avalanche of gibberish on that level has to go somewhere. And, if it's any good, it has to bury someone.

I'll keep you posted.

Ah the weekend… what simple pleasure.

Nothing to do, a cold beer just opened, warm light & a rustling autumn breeze streaming through my windows as the Beatles fill the air. Friends will be round soon but at the moment I am alone & at peace, freshened by a relatively long period of sleep (6 hours!)… life is good.

And yet

Why the hell is my Peng-damn inbox so fecking empty? I sodding send you lot a veritable horde of explosions & hot lead and what do I get in fecking return?

A turn here, a turn there… a bloody ‘I won’t play if you split squads’ whinge & a ‘personal’ message from some ‘lady’ called Rolenta!

Most dissapointing