Variable Time Increment for WEGO

Originally posted by Cavtroop:

yeah, but playing in RT and just pausing frequently doesn't get you the replay. so in large battles, you can miss lots of interesting stuff going on.

Yeah, that's why I play WEGO in RT you miss alot of the action and don't have time to zoom in and appreciate the graphics.

I think this is the best solution for the future of WEGO. However, it would probably require a huge amount of work to implement.

One minute is good for WW2 but in in this time period, in one minute, you can lose your entire force. It's just too long a time to be out of control of your troops. (yeah, I know you can give them REALLY detailed orders but I'm talking about the unexpected here)

I really like playing RT but I DO miss the replays so I will play WEGO occassionally just for that

This was actually discussed a good while back.

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=000532;p=1

The short answer, yes it is possible, but it wasn't considered critical I guess. Relevant discussion comes up around the 2nd/3rd page I think.

Ah that thread brings back memories, I remember being surprised at this real time option.

I agree that a REPLAY function for real-time would be great (after the battle is over). I have seen it done in other games. When it's done to where the whole battle is recorded, it's nice to sit back and watch the whole thing unfold without those pauses that you used to fine tune your units. And like someone else pointed out, so much happens, this will give the opportunity to see it all. Plus it serves as a good training tool so you can review on what works and what doesn't or if the battle was so rememberable you would like to watch it again later.

Originally posted by Let me Live:

Since the WEGO turn is realized in "real time", would it be easy (or possible) to have a variable time for the WEGO turn? Instead of 60 seconds per "turn", maybe be able to set it to 30 seconds, 15 seconds, or 90 seconds, etc.?

Great game and worth the wait.

Good idea. There doesn't seem to be any reason why that can't be done. I really like that idea

Originally posted by Truppenfuhrung:

Maybe implementing a REPLAY function for real-time could be easier.

hmm ok is topic of this thread "give us a REPLAY in RealTime" ore is it "Variable Time Increment for WEGO", this thread high-jacking... be carreful if any of the US Goverments only reads die h-word without getting the content you get a flight for free with CIA-Airlines and wathing nice sights around the world... tongue.gif:D

ok back to topic: this is exactly wath i think, when i get my bloody noses in the 2nd CP-Mission. 30 Seconds would be more practicable and managable than 60. Exspecialy if i initiate an ambush is realy frustrating to watch 60 seconds while a f*king RPG troops pop up and my forces ignore them couse i order dem to supress somewhere else... or watching 60seconds while the AI order my mans not in the direction i mentioned... atm its a Save/reload orgie

[ August 10, 2007, 02:33 AM: Message edited by: Raptor 2101 ]