please battlefront....

RommL

i know, but what they going to do? totaly drop all the things theyve told us they were going to do, write shock force of as a loss and move on to cmx2 ww2.

How much would the comunity like that?

As far as i can see it all they can do is work thier ass's off to make cmsf what it should be.

Just my two pence worth tho.

Id like to add that i also believe that if anyone can overcome these obstacles its bfc, they obviously love what they do ( if not WHO they do it for :D )

I doubt we will see anything for CMSF after the Marines module and 1.05

Not enough people playing or interested to warrant the development time.

Sure you have a hardcore few who play every day but I don't think the sales that would be generated would be enough income to make the effort worthwhile.

Originally posted by Meach:

I doubt we will see anything for CMSF after the Marines module and 1.05

Not enough people playing or interested to warrant the development time.

Sure you have a hardcore few who play every day but I don't think the sales that would be generated would be enough income to make the effort worthwhile.

That's possible. My personal worthless speculation is that they are working on a redesign of one or more core elements whose failure they finally had to admit while trying to fix up 1.05. That would explain, to a degree, their lengthy and weird disappearing act as well as the lack of a fifth patch in a comparatively timely manner.

If the above were true, then they might be able to regenerate interest in the SF part of the new CM. But that's a lot of crappola that just happens to fit the facts, its value is zero until we see what we will see, and quite probably zero afterwards. smile.gif

-dale

I loved the game. I just got fed up of the repetitiveness of it and I feel most people did too. The total lack of finesse in QB selection had been a huge turn off for a lot of players.

It's a case of too little too late. The spark has gone and the handful of hardcore fans will not supply enough cash to keep the development cycles worthwhile. Poor Charles has CMSF 1.05, Marines Module and WW2 CM to work on. One guy. What does he concentrate on? It's an almost impossible uphill task.

I am not being deliberatly negative but common sense and reality have to kick in sometime. As much as that hurts, me included.

I realy hope that Delem is corect! when this game plays with out showing you any of its bad flaws (we all know what they are) its AMAZING.

The graphics are so sweet im thinking of ditching my missus!

The joy of the firefight is 5 times what it was for the cmx1 games (and 5 times as deadly)

The tactics required of us are imeasurably different from ww2 games. Surely we become better armchair generals by diversity in the games we play and hence the tactics and strategies we learn.

I am praying every day that shock force gets at least two modules and the patches that would come with them!

Originally posted by MiB:

Its already been mentioned that CMSF is a financial success. Don't get all up in their cheerios about this.

I don't remember seeing that. All I saw Steve say was that CMSF outsold CMBO over the equal number of early weeks. That should come as no surprise given the publicity over CMSF for years and the semi-captured market of CM1 fans. Also, don't forget Paradox as a major retail distributor for CMSF from the get go.

I would be more interested in comparing these four months and then looking back after a year.

Originally posted by RommL:

i think BF should change de operation's ground to touch more people, because desert isn't very interesting for a lot of gamers ...

why not an island as ground ?

I like the game and I,m still playing it but yeah as mentioned in this post and your previous, desert terrains a little monotonous ;) - I'd love to see a "Hypothetical" NATO Vs Eastern Bloc version.With the ww2 version being worked on ,it shouldn't be too hard to add the modern components to the European terrain or nearly as good , add the European terrain elements to the map editor and watch the euro maps appear ;)

Yeah, I love this game too in spite of the bugs and the overmodeling of certain elements (e.g. RPG accuracy, buildings). Keep up the good work, BFC -- Failure is not an option!

Since I pretty much play self-designed Iraq scenarios (i.e. company-size COIN actions), I'm eagerly awaiting the Marines, as well as the Hummvee uparmoured gun trucks.

For further Blue side expansion, I'd add a vote for British Paras/SAS, French Etranger and US Special Forces together with Western-trained and equipped local forces... Iraqi jundi and police commandos or Kurdish peshmerga -- with a correspondingly wide range of leadership, tactical ability and morale options.

For the Red side, I'd like to see more customization of uncon forces (e.g. more 2 man RPG, sniper and "spray and pray" LMG teams), a wider variety of IED and mine options and an enriched urban terrain environment that would provide uncons with a more challenging "sea" to shoot and scoot from. I'd also love to see BFC loosen up on the Syria focus so the community can model conflicts and interventions from West Africa to Pakistan.

Tank warfare junkies might hate this, but hey, it's just my opinion.

Interesting how so many people think that only the people who post on this board bought or play this game. Does anyone have any actual sales figures? Most of the complaints are by people who have some sort of idea of how things are actually supposed to work. For most gamers the fact that they can play with all the toys they see on CNN is good enough.

Originally posted by Hev:

All things considered im not quite sure how they came to the conclussion that they could leave out water and bridges.

With luck, water was left out so they could "do it right". To my mind, that means at a bare minimum, an animated texture to show some sort of up-stream/down-stream effect. If they could also add some splashes/foam for troops/vehicles fording at crossing points and for bullets/explosions in water, then it will be worth the wait.

I know a lot of people don't care about the graphics but a simple static texture like in CMx1 just wouldn't look right given the detail of the models and environment already in the game. Also, water effects have been in games for years now so a) they are kind of expected by gamers, and B) there should be loads of free code algorithms around for people to borrow.

I dont see a non US module any time soon (within the next 2 years). The revenue would be very limited for BFC. The bad choice of game setting doesnt really add to anything by including French etc.

Actually, they would have been better fixing this thing in Afghanistan, a lot of NATO is there and it would have been a better representation of modern insurgency warfare.

Originally posted by GSX:

I dont see a non US module any time soon (within the next 2 years). The revenue would be very limited for BFC. The bad choice of game setting doesnt really add to anything by including French etc.

Actually, they would have been better fixing this thing in Afghanistan, a lot of NATO is there and it would have been a better representation of modern insurgency warfare.

Which isn't "cool". It's not much fun calling a 155 barrage at some caves, or fighting an insurgency warfare v.s light infantry only opponent that has no tanks.

Yes! Cuirassier, exactly!

Please Battlefront give us all the NATO and Russian modern forces and let us play WWII all over again but with Abrahams and Leopards! What a great game CMSF would be.

The war against Syria is fictional so why not take CMSF to the next step and have NATO break up and start a conflict in continental Europe with conventional forces.

I'd love that.

enrico