If A Peng Falls in the Forest and None Hear Him, is He Still Challenged?

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Perhaps you could ask the Lady Rose to read the story to you tonight in place of your usual story, "Mike the Bulldozer".

Joe

It's the weekend, Joe. Weekends are reserved for the classics. I think Lady Rose might break out that literary masterpiece Fun With Decals.

Steve </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

You're just diggning yourself in deeper lad, best stop digging.

e.g. The problem with the Danny Kaye reference wasn't with the spelling but rather with the reference itself. You SHOULD have referenced Thurber since Danny Kaye is just an actor mouthing the words written by a better man.

i.e. AGAIN you missed the essential portion of my post. The reference to my arm being in a sling was ANOTHER reference to the story itself, but I can't expect you to understand.

Perhaps you could ask the Lady Rose to read the story to you tonight in place of your usual story, "Mike the Bulldozer".

Joe

sigh...

First of all, I told you that I couldn't stand Thurber. I detest Thurber. My loathing for Thurber is almost (but not quite, oh no) as deep as it is for you.

And besides, my reference to the sound effect is just as valid as yours.

It is. It exists. Regardless from whence it came.

And as for "Mike the Bulldozer"... perhaps you are referring to this childhood classic?

20655491.JPG

But with you, being as old and confused as you are, it's hard to tell.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

You're just diggning yourself in deeper lad, best stop digging.

e.g. The problem with the Danny Kaye reference wasn't with the spelling but rather with the reference itself. You SHOULD have referenced Thurber since Danny Kaye is just an actor mouthing the words written by a better man.

i.e. AGAIN you missed the essential portion of my post. The reference to my arm being in a sling was ANOTHER reference to the story itself, but I can't expect you to understand.

Joe

sigh...

First of all, I told you that I couldn't stand Thurber. I detest Thurber. My loathing for Thurber is almost (but not quite, oh no) as deep as it is for you.

And besides, my reference to the sound effect is just as valid as yours.

It is. It exists. Regardless from whence it came.

And as for "Mike the Bulldozer"... perhaps you are referring to this childhood classic?

20655491.JPG

But with you, being as old and confused as you are, it's hard to tell. </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

No you idiot I'm referring to my son's absolute all time favorite bedtime story from MANY years ago ... MIKE THE BULLDOZER!

It may have had something to do with the fact that HIS name is Michael ... or it could just as easily have been the fact that he WAS a bulldozer in OH so many ways.

After reading MIKE THE BULLDOZER to a three year old five thousand three hundred and eighty nine times (give or take) you tend to recall the title ... and EVERY FREAKING WORD of the story.

Whatever... reading your prattling posts are beginning to make me doze off.

And I consider that a small blessing.

As to the quote ... would you state that Laurence Olivier was responsible for the words "Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio:" Of course not ... you'd attibute the quote to Shakespeare as would every LITERATE person on the globe.

So... you are equating Shakespeare with Thurber?

My Gawd, you really, really need to get out more often.

Why do you insist on fighting a losing battle? Everyone KNOWS that I'm in the right here, while you... you are once again doing your best impersonation of the "Mad Woman of Chaillot".

Sad, really.

Only an illiterate product of an Ohio one room schoolhouse who flunked out before reaching the magical eighth grade would ... ah ... well, that WOULD explain it wouldn't it.

Joe

Explain what? That even if what you said were true, I still am your literary superior, because you were obviously home schooled by a troop of cliff dwelling apes?

Seanachai here:

Joe. I am an Olde One of the Peng Challenge Thread. This bumptious bickering between you and Boo...is stupid.

It's like watching two goddamn bums arguing over who has the right to clean windshields on an off-ramp along side the Interstate.

Dalem sends his love. Personally, if I could reach up your bums and pull out your hearts, and show them to you...

Well, I would consider that at least 15 minutes of my life hadn't been ill-spent.

And frankly, 15 minutes of MY life is like an entire decade of the existence that you sods call a life.

Seanachai! Godammitt! I have steak on the BBQ for you and what do i see? You're sleazing around Dalems place again?

Actually it was fortunate that Lufthansa have a 'no gnomes' policy as there were only enough Guantanameras and Port for the esteemed guests that arrived bearing gifts at my little swaree.

See what you missed...

BBQ_1.jpg

Originally posted by Stuka:

Seanachai! Godammitt! I have steak on the BBQ for you and what do i see? You're sleazing around Dalems place again?

Actually it was fortunate that Lufthansa have a 'no gnomes' policy as there were only enough Guantanameras and Port for the esteemed guests that arrived bearing gifts at my little swaree.

See what you missed...

BBQ_1.jpg

And a damned good job as well if you ask me ... missing it that is.

Whoever that idiot is he appears FAR too pleased with his ability to char meat, something even the Neanderthals managed, to be trusted with actual food.

Joe

Originally posted by dalem:

Seanachai here:

Joe. I am an Olde One of the Peng Challenge Thread. This bumptious bickering between you and Boo...is stupid.

It's like watching two goddamn bums arguing over who has the right to clean windshields on an off-ramp along side the Interstate.

Dalem sends his love. Personally, if I could reach up your bums and pull out your hearts, and show them to you...

Well, I would consider that at least 15 minutes of my life hadn't been ill-spent.

And frankly, 15 minutes of MY life is like an entire decade of the existence that you sods call a life.

He started it ...

Joe

bum nipper has an assignment. He has been instructed to prepare a treatise on either the innate superiority of House Rune over that of house Morse, or on the differences between MBT members from the UK and those from Sweden (a trick question there, they are both members of Goober Nations, and therefore by definition equal...)

He did ask me what the beginning of the MBT like, and the history of the various lineages. I think Seanachai would be a better choice to elaborate on those questions.

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

bum nipper has an assignment. He has been instructed to prepare a treatise on either the innate superiority of House Rune over that of house Morse, or on the differences between MBT members from the UK and those from Sweden (a trick question there, they are both members of Goober Nations, and therefore by definition equal...)

He did ask me what the beginning of the MBT like, and the history of the various lineages. I think Seanachai would be a better choice to elaborate on those questions.

You want Seanachai to ELABORATE? Bringing coals to Newcastle are you?

Joe

House Persiflage has a few annoucements to make:

Uno) It has been decided by Me to take on the mantle of another Title.

In addition to being Hai Karate of House Persiflage,

In addition to being the Lord of Pants,

In addition to being the Lord High Hullabalooster of the Peng Challenge Thread,

In addition to being a Seniour Knight,

I have now decided to add the title of "Olde One of the Peng Challenge Thread" to My list of growing approbationisms. The responsibility will weigh heavily at times, no doubt, but We will bear it well, as it seems to involve a lot of heavy drinking and insane pronouncements. I pronounce the Seanachai as my Personal Fool and ask that he dismount from his butterfly steed long enough to create for us a Standard.

Dva} Leave your pork loin in my fridge once, shame on you. Leave your pork loin in my fridge twice, shame on you for not being here when I cook and eat the mother.

Originally posted by Sergei:

Furthermore you have no email in your profile and we shall therefore IGNORE you.

Joe

Not that you'd be able to PBEM CM:SF with me, anyway. Scum.

<font size="1">Hee hee hee...</font> </font>

Originally posted by dalem:

House Persiflage has a few annoucements to make:

Uno) It has been decided by Me to take on the mantle of another Title.

In addition to being Hai Karate of House Persiflage,

In addition to being the Lord of Pants,

In addition to being the Lord High Hullabalooster of the Peng Challenge Thread,

In addition to being a Seniour Knight,

I have now decided to add the title of "Olde One of the Peng Challenge Thread" to My list of growing approbationisms. The responsibility will weigh heavily at times, no doubt, but We will bear it well, as it seems to involve a lot of heavy drinking and insane pronouncements. I pronounce the Seanachai as my Personal Fool and ask that he dismount from his butterfly steed long enough to create for us a Standard.

Dva} Leave your pork loin in my fridge once, shame on you. Leave your pork loin in my fridge twice, shame on you for not being here when I cook and eat the mother.

There can only be THREE! Are you planning to off Seanachai and will you be using video to record it? It's bound to be a YouTube hit.

Joe