One very small ray of hope

I just visited the Battlefront.com main page to see what they had up for company news, and there at last is CM Shock Force listed as 'under development'. With a pleasant looking 3/4 view Stryker picture too! Perhaps our prediction of CMSF's demise was a bit premature after all ...perhaps.

The Prediction of the Demise of CMSF

would have to be based on the Assumption

that the Entire BFC crew are Liars

They have told us it is progressing and just to be patient

In fact I think if it was NOT going to be published

the FIRST place we would hear of it would be this very Forum

with an Announcement with that News from BFC itself

So please give BFC and the rest of us a break

by refraining from wild speculation and rumor

"The Prediction of the Demise of CMSF

would have to be based on the Assumption

that the Entire BFC crew are Liars"

No, the assumption was that the entire BFC crew are game software developers! ;) That particular vocation appears to be fraught with more hazards and boobytraps than the job of Iraq convoy truck driver. Starting out on a big project doesn't necessarily mean you're going to be able to make it to the end... through no fault of your own. We're just relieved, in late June, to see any signs of life at all on this particular project.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

No, the assumption was that the entire BFC crew are game software developers! ;) That particular vocation appears to be fraught with more hazards and boobytraps than an the job of Iraq convoy truck driver. Starting out on a big project doesn't necessarily mean you're going to be able to make it to the end... through no fault of your own. We're just relieved, in late June, to see any signs of life at all on this particular project.

Agreed smile.gif

but I am of the opinion

BFC has pulled off diificult projects in the past

& I am confident they will do so in the present and future as well

They added it to the list of projects in development because someone here asked them to do it. It doesn't mean that it is actually in development or that BFC are not liars. It all depends on what your definition of is is.

That being said, I do have inside info on the release date. The release date has been firmed up from "when it is done" to "sometime in the future." This obviously excludes a release date sometime in the past, so you now no longer have to look both forwards and backwards for the release of CM:SF; however, you should continue to look left and right before crossing the street.

It's a small little icon but there appears to be lots of detail on that little Stryker. If that is an actual in-game model (which I'm betting it is) than it's much improved over the quick one done for the initial two screenshots. Not that that's a surprise, they said they would be dramatically upping the poly count, but it's nice to actually see some progress even if it's only an inch by an inch and a half on my screen.

Pvt Ryan: Your post indicates a lack of touch with modern thinking. Most scholars agree that the past and the future are illusions and therefore we should only look to see CM:SF come out in the present. Also, trying to look left and right at the same time makes my head hurt.

You've got to wonder what happened to the other secret forums. You never know,maybe it's the Shock Farce forum that got removed. OMG OMG Shock Farce cancelled! W00t!

I wouldn't get your hopes up from Shock Farce being in the 'under development' column. So is Modern Naval Sea Battles. Not a word on that one since '04

*Yawn* Here we go again...

OK, here is your official word. Work continues on CMSF. We are now working on [the magical scroll of NDA removes this passage]. Also, Kwazydog has outdone himself once again.

When the time comes, I will be having my usual sneak peak, this time for CMSF. I already have done massive research on Syrian armed forces and the terrain. [Hint: look at google earth, they have done an upgrade].

Last, have already planned out some scenarios and working on the campaign.

Consider this the official word.

Rune

Originally posted by rune:

*Yawn* Here we go again...

...When the time comes, I will be having my usual sneak peak, this time for CMSF.

Then let's hope for a release around Thanksgiving so I can get in on at least one sneak peak.

Originally posted by rune:

I already have done massive research on Syrian armed forces and the terrain. [Hint: look at google earth, they have done an upgrade].

Last, have already planned out some scenarios and working on the campaign.

Consider this the official word.

Rune

Thanks for the update, even a few sentences is welcome.

speaking of scenarios....

Here's a crazy idea to help promote the game....

(note, I did say it was a CRAZY idea!)

Lets say there is a great demo scenario that lets the player ONLY play the America side No choice. The AI is played by the Syrians only. BUT like in the real life the Jessica Lynch story their/your convoy is off course and lost and ambushed. It is an unwinnable scenario and the only good way out of it is to surrender.

BUT wait.....

if you BUY the full version of the game you can send in a fully equipped Stryker Brigade and rescue them. In another scenario.

smile.gif

Since there is nothing else really to talk about with regard to the new game I just thought I would post some nonsense about the demo scenario and one of them should be completely unwinnable by the America player JUST to keep things interesting! :D

-tom w

"CRAZY is outside the scope of CM."

Written by a man who's apparently never played a CMBB quickbattle of one SturmTiger verus 300 Partisans! :D

I'm looking at aaaall the stuff being released by BFC lately. DropTeam, Strategic Command 2, the digital delivery platform, For Liberty due out in a week! I can't help thinking BFC's 'to do' list is getting shorter and shorter. CMSF has GOT to be moving up in the queue, hasn't it?

Have you guys seen this?

blogfront

As we’re preparing to launch Hussar Game’s For Liberty – fittingly the release day is Idependence Day July 4 -some people are wondering if this is affecting our other releases, specifically Combat Mission Shock Force and Combat Mission Campaigns. It’s been said before, but I wanted to repeat it again – all of these games are developed by independent teams, and as the guys at Hussar Games are scrambling to finish the final QA for the release in a few days, Bruce Poon’s team behind CMC and our own guys (mainly Charles, Steve and Dan) behind CMSF are entirely focussed on these games and are doing nothing else.

Steve is preparing to post a little update about CMSF shortly – watch this Blogfront space – and I’m trying to get Bruce to open a blog entirely dedicated to CMC at the moment so you’ll have much more day-to-day insights in the future.

This weekend I’ll be mixing free time with work and spend some time with For Liberty to test the current release candidate. For Liberty is a really classic wargame down to the bone and with a very elegant design, the kind of which seems to have been forgotten by many wargame designers who seem to prefer to stuff the game full with minuscle details and call it “depth” or “realism”. The mix of strategic decisions and tactical battles (I’m more of a tactical person, I admit) has a really unique touch to it. So this is one of those instances where testing can also be fun :) And that’s not necessarily a common occurrence, believe it or not!

Other than final QA, the game is complete. The game manual and other artwork (DVD box liner, CD face art) is already with the printer, and we expect to announce a formal gold master next week. As soon as that is done, Bulcsú and his team will begin work on the demo (which will be the US tutorial mission), so if all goes well, the demo will be available on or shortly after July 4 as well.