Badgers?! We Don't Need No Stinking Badgers In the Peng Challenge Thread!

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Currently my dollar total is QUITE high. Although Amazon.com informs me I can reduce it by at least $25 if I agree to accept 3 CDs by a group called 'Bauhaus'.

This group called Bauhaus is the reason for my name sake. They pretty much started the gothic movement back in the early days of punk and have had an underground following for a couple decades. They have broken up, partially reformed into Tones on Tails and Love and Rockets. Only to reform with their lead singer Peter Murphy, who had a solo career and left Britain to live in Turkey. They were even in a movie with David Bowie and Catherine Deneuve called the Hunger. They were the band in the opening scene where a murder took place.

They reformed a few years ago and have been touring off and on since. They actually are opening for Nine Inch Nails right now. Yep, way more information about Bauhaus than you ever wanted. Some 20 years later and I still listen to them quite abit.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Have you gotten together with Bauhaus and Moriarity lately? I think you lot of sods should get together and have a beer and some food, or somefink.

Oooooooooo a date! Strangely, we haven't conversed much since I left the paper. I think we should still grab a beer and food. I miss the evil one and what's his name. *sniff* Me thinks I'm going to cry. Tito, hand me a tissue.

Originally posted by bauhaus:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Have you gotten together with Bauhaus and Moriarity lately? I think you lot of sods should get together and have a beer and some food, or somefink.

Oooooooooo a date! Strangely, we haven't conversed much since I left the paper. I think we should still grab a beer and food. I miss the evil one and what's his name. *sniff* Me thinks I'm going to cry. Tito, hand me a tissue. </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by bauhaus:

Oooooooooo a date! Strangely, we haven't conversed much since I left the paper. I think we should still grab a beer and food. I miss the evil one and what's his name. *sniff* Me thinks I'm going to cry. Tito, hand me a tissue. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Currently my dollar total is QUITE high. Although Amazon.com informs me I can reduce it by at least $25 if I agree to accept 3 CDs by a group called 'Bauhaus'.

This group called Bauhaus is the reason for my name sake. They pretty much started the gothic movement back in the early days of punk and have had an underground following for a couple decades. They have broken up, partially reformed into Tones on Tails and Love and Rockets. Only to reform with their lead singer Peter Murphy, who had a solo career and left Britain to live in Turkey. They were even in a movie with David Bowie and Catherine Deneuve called the Hunger. They were the band in the opening scene where a murder took place.

They reformed a few years ago and have been touring off and on since. They actually are opening for Nine Inch Nails right now. Yep, way more information about Bauhaus than you ever wanted. Some 20 years later and I still listen to them quite abit. </font>

I do believe I retract the handing over of "said" tissue from Tito. Kind of makes me feel dirty.

Breakfast just tastes so much better when reading this type of conversation!

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

Bloody hell...

You still here? Why aren't you off in the lab counting microbes or whatever it is you soak the government for?

</font>

Originally posted by Mace:

I do believe I retract the handing over of "said" tissue from Tito. Kind of makes me feel dirty.

Breakfast just tastes so much better when reading this type of conversation! </font>

Dear Bastidges of the Mutha beautiful Thread,

I was playing some Theatre of War, when out of no where, my chat lit up with a long lost member of our home. Not having the capability of posting here, due to his firewall at work, I asked if I could post anything for him, here is his reply:

Lorak says:

heh, the ghost of Lorak has risen from the shadows to tell everyone to feck off.

Called away by a ringing phone...I will let you know if the spirit from the dead communicates anything else.

Rune

Rune says:

boo asked

Rune says:

"But tell us, Oh Lorak, how shall we... feck off?"

Lorak says:

lol

Lorak says:

with extreme prejedice

Lorak says:

yes. I think them fecking off by sucking a glock would be a good start.

Lorak says:

call it fore play

Rune

Originally posted by rune:

Rune says:

boo asked

Rune says:

"But tell us, Oh Lorak, how shall we... feck off?"

Lorak says:

lol

Lorak says:

with extreme prejedice

Lorak says:

yes. I think them fecking off by sucking a glock would be a good start.

Lorak says:

call it fore play

Rune

Hmmm... so which one of you is more keyboard challenged?

I've read many of your posts, Rune, and at times I really think that you're not typing as much as you're standing at the other end of the room, pegging tangelos at the keyboard. Lorak, I don't know so well.

And perhaps that's for the best if the only way he can communicate to us is through you.

I mean, what does that say for him?

Unless of course, he isn't really communicating and this is yet another one of your pathetic grabs for attention.

Boo you blithering idiot,

I could be playing TOW instead of lowering myself and posting to the likes of you.

However, I posted this to Lorak

Rune says:

Boo wants to know if it is really you

Lorak says:

As if some other person would actualy admit to being Lorak

And that sums it up rather well.

Rune

Some more:

Rune says:

An excellent point

Lorak says:

are most of the original pengers still around even?

Rune says:

for some reason, a lot have come back

Rune says:

bauhaus

Rune says:

Peng himself

Rune says:

Joebob is making podcasts

Rune says:

http://pengchallenge.blogspot.com/

Lorak says:

joebob? crazy mormon joe?

Lorak says:

lmao

Rune says:

listen to the podcasts, and keep from losing your lunch

[ July 28, 2006, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: rune ]

In honor of Rune channeling the spirit of Lorak, I humbly return some lost treasures to the MBT. These were found on a backup drive tonight:

My design for a Peng Challenge Shirt, circa 2002. We seriously considered having something like this printed up:

Peng%20T-Shirt.jpg

The problem was we figured only you Peng guys would be interested in it and would insist on sending a check in exchange for a shirt. The check, of course, would be worth as much as a 1000000000 Lira note, so we decided to skip out on getting stuck with a bunch of unsold shirts and a bunch of bad checks.

This one was posted when the MBT crashed and trashed the Forum:

peng_goodbye.gif

And this is a screenshot of an Easter Egg that was found in the Riesberg scenario:

riesberg_hamster.jpg

There are some other classics in the now rediscovered drive, but I think that's enough for one night.

Steve

You are a truly demented monstrosity who apparently will never learn to spell.
I had the lowest spelling test score in the 6th grade. I was proud of that and have forever tried to underachieve. Posting here proves that, even if my spelling does not. BTW, Bart Simpson was modeled after me, man.

Steve

P.S. I should have been German or Croat. I spell MUCH better in those languages than I do in my native English. Problem is I have as much patience for the grammar as I do for you lot spilling out of this thread. ie. not much.

Originally posted by dalem:

I trust everyone remembers how friggin' awesome I am?

You mean...not at all? As in "laughably pathetic"? As in so inept, clumsy, and ineffective as to be unable to boil water without scorching it? Yeah, I seem to recall something about that. Why?

Michael