Badgers?! We Don't Need No Stinking Badgers In the Peng Challenge Thread!

Rules, rules, there simply has to be some sort of rules, or a high-pitched whining noise begins in Utah until it finally hits a decibel level heard all over the world.

So, here are some very straight-forward rules.

First, the only reason for you to post here is to amuse ME. All the other people you see posting here are figments; possibly of my imagination, possibly of the imagination of some poor sod locked in an institution who thinks his name is 'Seanachai', and that he's the esteemed member of a Web Community somewhere. It matters nothing. Amuse ME with your post, or piss off.

Nextly, you will treat the 'Ladies of the 'Pool' with honour, and even reverence. In fact, you should treat most women that way, although I don't insist upon it for Margaret Thatcher, Leona Helmsley, or Imelda Marcos, and you can be catty and a bit vulgar with Martha Stewart if you like.

Finally, there are lots and lots of rules here. You don't need to know what they are, because every time you violate one, there will be someone along in minutes to inform you that you're a world class pillock, and that you've broken the rules.

There is an elaborate, and, in fact ever more elaborate hierarchy of people posting here. You don't need to learn what the hierarchy is, because whenever you fail to take it into account, someone will be along within minutes to inform you that you're a dog's todger and explain to you how you've violated the inviolable hierarchy.

Basically, there's only three names you need to go in awe of: Seanachai, Berli and MrPeng. Joe Shaw will explain to you at length all the other things you should know. He has many henchmen, but they all despise him, so they will probably tell you something completely different.

And, at the end of the day, remember: We are already in the End Days. The Apocalypso has begun. You are a cipher in the scheme of the Universe. Your passage through our midst, this world, and life itself won't mean a good goddamn to a tree.

Not even one with dutch elm disease. So sod off.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bastards:

A note from Cav came to me mailbox. He claims he's outta Iraq in 2-3 weeks, that he's doing well and training his replacements. This is very good news for him and his buds, not such great news for the replacements.

He wanted you all to know.

I for one will be glad when he's back. Seems he'll be less likely to destroy any laptops.

You forgot Rule #45.6, Subsection viii, paragraph 3 which specifically states, and I quote:

THEREFORE, the rule/order debate is just another expression of the due process/efficiency argument that permeates Administrative Law. Opponents of rulemaking express concerns about the lack of an adequate record to guide judicial review, problems inherent in institutional decisions (the likelihood of ex parte contacts), and the anonymity of the decision-makers (affected parties really don’t know who to blame). Rulemaking is based on an anonymous process, using unspecified facts, unspecified reasons, and unspecified assumptions. Review of rulemaking by the courts is very ineffective (yet rules can be much more effectively monitored by legislative bodies than can order-making). Orders, in contrast, are subject to fairly effective judicial review, but are virtually immune to legislative control.
I mean ... that's the meat and potatoes of the rules. How you could have forgotten it is beyond me. Too much lake water in the ears is my guess.

Joe

Originally posted by MrPeng:

Bastards:

A note from Cav came to me mailbox. He claims he's outta Iraq in 2-3 weeks, that he's doing well and training his replacements. This is very good news for him and his buds, not such great news for the replacements.

I for one will be glad when he's back. Seems he'll be less likely to destroy any laptops.

[serious] DAMNED good news, Peng, thanks.[/serious]

Joe

Bastards:

Oops. Guess it's time to respond to your email, then, you non-turn sending feck.

Even when he's happy, he thinks of us.

There's something wrong with that boy.

I, too, will be glad, but I wouldn't make any assumptions about the hardware. When it comes to smashing things in a vague and inept way, he's an over-achiever.

You haven't met the guy yet, but he comes off as someone who, if he hadn't been saved by marriage and children, would be living in a cardboard Whirlpool dishwasher delivery box with a crusty sock-puppet named 'Dante', and whose most prized possession would be a set of silver fondue forks stolen off the gift table at an outdoor wedding held in one of Beloit's city parks...

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Bugged and I will be available for our interview any evening this week; I am sure the next podcast would benefit from our wisdom and keen insight....

Hey, Joe, get on this one! I wanna hear Bugged speak. It was way cool the time I got to hear Emma. When you talk to Bugged use your massive intellect to come up with a way to make her say 'out and about' in a normal, conversational way.

As for Pestilence, I think it's important that he be made to sing a song of some type.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Bugged and I will be available for our interview any evening this week; I am sure the next podcast would benefit from our wisdom and keen insight....

Hey, Joe, get on this one! I wanna hear Bugged speak. It was way cool the time I got to hear Emma. When you talk to Bugged use your massive intellect to come up with a way to make her say 'out and about' in a normal, conversational way.

As for Pestilence, I think it's important that he be made to sing a song of some type. </font>

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Hey, Joe, where you goin' with that gun in your hand?

Please, PLEASE, tell me Seanachai is gonna get shot </font>

Bastards:

And here I was thinking there's never any good news in the MBT.

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Hey, Joe, where you goin' with that gun in your hand?

Please, PLEASE, tell me Seanachai is gonna get shot </font>

First, the only reason for you to post here is to amuse ME. All the other people you see posting here are figments; possibly of my imagination, possibly of the imagination of some poor sod locked in an institution who thinks his name is 'Seanachai', and that he's the esteemed member of a Web Community somewhere. It matters nothing. Amuse ME with your post, or piss off.

Ah, Sweet, Sweet Solipsism!

(A free range poem)

When I don't see you.... you cease to exist

The entire universe is contained within my head

Although you often leave... I'm always here

I'm no longer quite so anal about reading my mail.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

As for Pestilence, I think it's important that he be made to sing a song of some type. </font>