Jargon Challenged Peng and Non-Grogs

Lars

THE RULES then, short and sweet:

S) Go away.

O) Go even further away.

D) {***sigh***} If you’re still reading this, you’re still too close. But if you insist, PAY ATTENTION!, or go away.

O) This is the Peng Challenge. Challenge someone SPECIFIC, just make sure it’s not Peng. Try a newbie SSN such as yourself, not a Knigget or an Old One. If you don’t know what a SSN, Knigget, or Old One is, go away.

F) The key word being CHALLENGE, sound off like you have inherited a pair from someone other than your pet hamster. If you can’t manage this, go away.

F) Do not sound off about your pair. Try to act like you have a modicum of wit, style and panache OR Half of a Brain. If you won’t keep this thought in your Half of a Brain, we will boot it to the other Half, and you will go away.

!) If you have any questions at all, post absolutely NOTHING! We will get back to you at our earliest inconvenience. And go away (are you starting to see a trend here?).

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Lars:

THE RULES then, short and sweet:

S) Go away.

O) Go even further away.

D) {***sigh***} If you’re still reading this, you’re still too close. But if you insist, PAY ATTENTION!, or go away.

O) This is the Peng Challenge. Challenge someone SPECIFIC, just make sure it’s not Peng. Try a newbie SSN such as yourself, not a Knigget or an Old One. If you don’t know what a SSN, Knigget, or Old One is, go away.

F) The key word being CHALLENGE, sound off like you have inherited a pair from someone other than your pet hamster. If you can’t manage this, go away.

F) Do not sound off about your pair. Try to act like you have a modicum of wit, style and panache OR Half of a Brain. If you won’t keep this thought in your Half of a Brain, we will boot it to the other Half, and you will go away.

!) If you have any questions at all, post absolutely NOTHING! We will get back to you at our earliest inconvenience. And go away (are you starting to see a trend here?).

You didn't use the word "THREAD" in the title.

Joe

As I recall, only "Peng" and "Challenge" are required. And a quick search turns up many without "Thread". Some even by you perhaps.

But I'm sure you'll make up some arcane Rule anyway if pressed, My Liege. It is your forte, after all.

Originally posted by Lars:

As I recall, only "Peng" and "Challenge" are required. And a quick search turns up many without "Thread". Some even by you perhaps.

But I'm sure you'll make up some arcane Rule anyway if pressed, My Liege. It is your forte, after all.

One thread ... find just ONE thread that I created that did NOT contain the word "Thread" in the title.

That a Knight of the Shavian House, even a Knight without a Night of Sobriety to his name, should not only fail in this important regard but then ... then ... SUGGEST THAT HIS LIEGE HAD FAILED AS WELL ... it saddens me.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

YOU'VE failed to send me an email with your phone number and a suggested date and time for the Podcast Interview ... what have you to say for yourself?

That you are apparently unable to take a clue even when it is handed to you on a silver platter with a fanfare. If you have trouble understanding the word 'NO' due to the fact that your education ceased when you were twelve and still in the second grade, find someone who can explain it to you. Slowly.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

YOU'VE failed to send me an email with your phone number and a suggested date and time for the Podcast Interview ... what have you to say for yourself?

That you are apparently unable to take a clue even when it is handed to you on a silver platter with a fanfare. If you have trouble understanding the word 'NO' due to the fact that your education ceased when you were twelve and still in the second grade, find someone who can explain it to you. Slowly.

Michael </font>

You know, Joe, to have flunked second grade...EVEN IN TEXAS...I just don't know how you live with the shame. Total insensitivity, I guess.

Michael

FIRST grade in Texas, second grade was in Blaine, Washington.

I can understand Michael, really I can ... it must be terrible to live with the fear that you might make a fool of yourself in front of everyone that matters ... here in the CessPool. No need, lad ... no need to fear what might be ... it WILL BE, you WILL be made to look and sound the fool.

See, I've taken that burden from you ... now, phone number, date and time and it will all be over. You'll be the better for having faced your fears lad. A coward dies a thousand deaths, you will die but once ... maybe twice ... three times tops.

Joe

Tonight's Edition:

TELEPHONE: ring......ring

ME: Hello?

VOICE: Is this Mr. Emrys?

ME: Yes it is.

VOICE: This is Mr. [unintelligible]

ME: .....Who?

ME: ......Mr. North?

VOICE: Mr. Mice. Mice.

ME: ....Mr. Mice???????

VOICE: MICE. MICE. M-A-C-E.

ME: Oh, Mace!

Yes folks, they really do talk that way.

Michael

Tonight's Edition:

TELEPHONE: ring......ring

ME: Hello?

VOICE: Is this Mr. Emrys?

ME: Yes it is.

ME: .....Who?

ME: ......Mr. North?

VOICE: Mr. Mice. Mice.

ME: ....Mr. Mice???????

VOICE: MICE. MICE. M-A-C-E.

ME: Oh, Mace!

Yes folks, they really do talk that way.

Michael

What I find impressive is that he can spell his own name. My opinion of him is now hovering a few centimeters above rock bottom.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

One thread ... find just ONE thread that I created that did NOT contain the word "Thread" in the title.

That a Knight of the Shavian House, even a Knight without a Night of Sobriety to his name, should not only fail in this important regard but then ... then ... SUGGEST THAT HIS LIEGE HAD FAILED AS WELL ... it saddens me.

Joe </font>