At your mere mention

O, Wondrous ArcLight

ArcLight

Wondrous

O

=========

Thank you, goodnight!

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

My versificationisms deserve the spotlight. I'm amenable to that ... spotlights are fine as long as there's no MICROPHONES.

Yes, how true because we now know how good you are with microphones and recording devices, in general.

Many a night we sat in our bunkers and watched the bombs rain down on the DMZ from unseen and unheard B-52s. It was always neat the way the sound of the impacting bombs took a few seconds to reach us after the first flashes from 500lb bomb impacts. Then it became sort of a continuous rumbling, like a subway train and hundreds of individual flashes of light for 15 to 30 minutes straight, then silence and darkness again, and just a huge pall of black smoke rising into the sky and then it blew away and the mountains regained the look that they had for thousands of years before we got there with all of our sophisticated machines of destruction.

They never really had a chance, you know, the North Vietnamese Army. They marched all the way down the trail from the North being bombed along the way and dying of disease and exhaustion.

Their only chance against us was to catch us in a bad tactical position, which happened often enough, or to out number us, which also happened. They always had to stay close, right on top of us...we knew that.. we planned for that...it was the only way they could negate our artillery and air support. They were cut to ribbons by the thousands by our arty...you could have it landing in seconds...anywhere any time, it was reassuring for us, but scarey because it was sooooo close. The poor bastards were brave, I'll give them that, but we were far better, better soldiers, better officers, better attitude, and they paid the price when attacking us, so for the most part they laid low and picker their spots..they outlasted us, they never beat us. Some great men lost their lives in that small Asian country...great men on both sides...men....**** we were boys and so were they, boys who could have done great things, if their lives were not ended so violently, so abrubtly.

[ February 16, 2007, 04:14 AM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

Yes ... well ... thanks for that ... uplifitng remembrance there Nidan1.

On the flip side, they may have turned out like YOU ... the prospect of which would make being the target of an Arclight strike seem oddly appealing to anyone.

Joe

So when's my interview? I could do it tonight - I have the night off of work.

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Yes ... well ... thanks for that ... uplifitng remembrance there Nidan1.

On the flip side, they may have turned out like YOU ... the prospect of which would make being the target of an Arclight strike seem oddly appealing to anyone.

Joe

So when's my interview? I could do it tonight - I have the night off of work. </font>

And I have another podcast I need to do something with ... since it's with bauhaus I'm leaning toward flushing it down the toilet but then Boo Radley would cry because his "creative" bit wouldn't get aired.

Joe

Why? My supremely creative addition is not linked to the interview in any way. It stands alone and is probably TEN TIMES as interesting as your interview with bauhaus!

I mean... it's BAUHAUS for cryin' out loud!

Joe: "So, bauhaus, what's your favorite color?"

bauhaus: ".....gray?"

Tell you what you do. If you're having problems getting his interview all squared away, then toss it out the window and get out your old record player. Set it up and turn on the microphone. Ask a question like, "So, bauhaus, tell us a little something about yourself" then turn on the record player and put the needle down near the center label, after the audio part.

You know, the part of the record where you'll hear the needle revolve endlessly in the groove, making a thhhhtt....thhhhtt....thhhhtt....thhhhtt....thhhhtt.... sound?

Let that play for about 15 minutes and believe me, no one will guess it isn't bauhaus.

ac130fire.jpg

*(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((*

Strike, Spectre!

Spectre Strike rains

tornados of directed might in the night

Spectre Strike reaches

out to touch those that would touch ours

Spectre Strike burns

careful cone of mayhem into the fight

Spectre Strike churns

people, structures, and vehicles for hours

Spectre Strike must

be used wisely by those whom the people entrust

STRIKE, Spectre, STRIKE!

*))))))))))))))))))))))))))))*

put that into your versification pipe and smoke it

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Oh, Boo your words ring so true. I really have no great comeback, not that I've ever had one before. But, oh great imperial wizard, when you answer the same questions over and over and over again, things tend to be, well......repetitive. Kind of like most of your posts.

I really believe that Joe has some sort of sick man crush on me since he insists on continually "losing" the interviews. I can't help it he finds me desirable. Not that I'm the least bit interested anyway. I mean, the Mrs. is ten times more interesting than either Joe or I put together. Add the fact that she's a female and Joe just doesn't stand a chance.

But don't worry Joe, I'm sure Sir 37mm would be more than willing to romp around with you.

Originally posted by bauhaus:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Oh, Boo your words ring so true. I really have no great comeback, not that I've ever had one before. But, oh great imperial wizard, when you answer the same questions over and over and over again, things tend to be, well......repetitive. Kind of like most of your posts.

I really believe that Joe has some sort of sick man crush on me since he insists on continually "losing" the interviews. I can't help it he finds me desirable. Not that I'm the least bit interested anyway. I mean, the Mrs. is ten times more interesting than either Joe or I put together. Add the fact that she's a female and Joe just doesn't stand a chance.

But don't worry Joe, I'm sure Sir 37mm would be more than willing to romp around with you. </font>

You idiot ... I believe that YOU'RE the one with the deviant behavior reputation ... not to suggest that Sir Sir 37mm is deviant ... well ... MORE deviant than we already know him to be. No one has asked ME to "sit down" after all. NOR HAS THERE BEEN A NEED TO!

Furthermore I didn't LOSE the podcast three times ... the first time it was just lousy sound and out of concern for YOU I re-did it ... THAT'S the one that got lost. What amazes me is that, with THREE TRIES, you couldn't do any better than you did.

Even more sad is the fact that the next podcast won't show an improvement ... dalem ... sheesh ... 20 minutes of explaining how he scratch builds models of R2D2 taking a dump no doubt.

Joe