If I didn't love you I'd hate you (but I would still challenge Peng)

BFCElvis

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

For the love of GAWD Seanachai is there no end to your efforts to make this the place for everyman?

Abbott is nothing more than an Other Recognized and a damned poor one at that. But Abbott? Nothing, nothing beyond his inability to understand what this place is all about ... well this place and any OTHER place that wouldn't be featured in Dogpatch Monthly.

And yet you encourage him ... it's not to be borne...

Joe

Yeah, but Joe, this actually looks fecking intriguing! I mean, he's going to knock the top off the bastard and raise the roof. Isn't that going to seriously screw with the aerodynamics/stability of the vehicle (such as it is, given that it's a school bus)? And what's he going to do to patch in all that length and support for the top cap?

I dunno, Joe, I'd just like to know more about it; see how it all comes out, you know? I mean, this is like Hillbilly armour for the domestic market! Let's face it, it's guys like Abbott over there in Iraq modifying their Humvees so as to keep their privates in place.

I mean, Dick Cheney would love this freaking project! You don't go on vacation with the RV you want, you go on vacation with the RV you HAVE!

Hey, Abbott! Keep the website up to date!

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

For the love of GAWD Seanachai is there no end to your efforts to make this the place for everyman?

Well, Joe, the way I figure it, if we let you hang around, our standards must not be too high. Y'know, it might not be in your best interest to be making a lot of noise about standards. Know what I mean?

Michael </font>

Listen up BOYO, I was here, putting in the time and writing the historic posts that have MADE the CessPool what it is since the beginning while you were squabbling with Grog Dorosh on the Outerboard about glacis angles.

Joe

He's got you there, Michael. Oh, not that load of fetid dingoes kidneys about 'the historic posts that MADE the Cesspool', but he's been posting here relentlessly since pretty close to the beginning.

And you did used to spend a great deal of time arguing with Dorosh about weird ****e.

Of course, that was before Dorosh decided he was some sort of God/Spokescreature for BFC and decided to spend all his time standing on a plinth holding CMSF over his head and proclaiming 'features that Jupiter could only long for!'

Ah, my Idiot Brethren. How it delights me to come amongst you again.

Tales of Small Emma: The Death of Grandma Steve

Yeah, yeah, I know: Overly dramatic. I'm not planning on kacking any time soon. But there's going to come a day, in the not too distant future, when Grandma Steve will be so second string that he'll envy the beat-up soft toy brown horsey that's sitting in a pile of 'lesser toys'. My Small Friend is growing up every day.

I still get a big greeting. I am still asked, politely, 'Are you wearing your work clothes, Grandma Steve, or are you wearing your Play clothes?!' As far as Emma is concerned, she knows there's a difference, because she's been told, but she asks to verify whether the cheap blue slacks, frayed at the heel, and button-down short sleeve shirt are 'work clothes' (yes), or whether the REI cargo shorts and t-shirt are 'play clothes' (yes).

We are still in the 'Playing with Barbies' stage. Lately, this involves me hosting a veritable freaking Hive of Barbies, and serving as their means of locomotion and vocalization. There is the hideously cheap, knock-off Barbie from China, whose leg comes off, periodically, and has to be re-attached, and whose cheap, sequined ball gown constantly slips down to reveal her most prominent features, and which I find myself constantly 'fixing' so as to cover them, gods know why. Then there is the doll that is not, in fact, a 'Barbie', but which gets called Barbie, which is extremely small and petite compared to the other dolls, and which is barely bendable, and whose clothing is rigid, snap around plastic that more closely resembles some sort of Kevlar armor than clothing, even though it's sculpted to resemble skirts and blouses. You can't make her sit without removing the 'snaps open on one side and pivots on the other' skirt.

And, finally, there is the 'favored' Barbie. The actual, real Barbie, with the most disturbingly fly-away, platinum blonde hair, and stripy shirt and skirt. There is a heirarchy amongst the Barbies. And the fun they have is based upon their position. They have to be seated in a certain pattern. The 'true' Barbie, also called 'Pom Pom Barbie', is the Alpha Barbie. She is the favourite, and, if our little party of make-believe goes to 'The Mall of America' to ride on the Rides, she gets to go on the good rides. She sits in the 'favored' spot, gets privileges, and, as far as I can tell, gets to eat first on the carcass and breed first.

Then there is the 'Petite Barbie', who is not, in fact, a Barbie. She still gets treated well, and, because she is smaller, gets called 'little sweet-pea', which is what Emma's Mom calls Nora, Emma's little sister. She's a stand in for the younger sister.

And then there is the cheap, knock-off Barbie, which, in my head, I call the Unter-Barbie. She is always last in the seating. She has no privileges. When the others get to go to the Mall of America, she gets to go to the Doctor. And, apparently, the Doctor is Mengele. She gets 'sting shots'. How these differ from real shots seems to be that they always hurt. She is always 'sick', and has blood drawn a lot. It always hurts.

I have this horrible feeling that the Unter-Barbie represents...me.

But we never play without her. If she 'runs away' (that is, when I throw her over the back of the couch, because she doesn't want to have another 'sting shot'), all play must cease and a full scale search and rescue operation (rather resembling the pursuit in 'The Fugitive') commences.

My Small Friend is increasingly funny to talk to. She no longer looks at me, questioningly, when we talk, and either answers questions briefly, or by repeating back to me what I've said about something. Oh, no. Now she goes on at some length, telling me strange and wonderful things.

The other day, when, for the first time in a long time, I showed up with her Mom to pick her up at Day Care, she grabbed my hand and dragged me off to see 'Margaret and Batman', the mascots of the 'Dalmatian' room (oldest group of toddlers before pre-school). Margaret and Batman are hermit crabs.

I was informed that Batman is an angry hermit crab. He has pincers, and he likes to pinch people. And he doesn't like noise. So, while he was being shown to me, we had to talk very softly. They were in their 'house', which looked like a ceramic coconut shell.

And when we left, Small Emma took my hand, rather than her Mom's (who was, after all, carrying Tiny Nora, who also now in Day Care). And she told me that 'When we get home, we will play Barbies. If you want to." Which I did.

The best part of the evening was when Emma climbed up on the couch in the sun porch with me, and threw her arms around me and gave me a hug. And then she draped one arm over my shoulder and leaned against me while she explained to me why the Unter-Barbie needed to go see the Doctor.

And, after her bath, she came down in her pajamas, and asked me, in the replete voice of a little girl who had been busy all day and had just had a bath, 'Grandma Steve, do you want to read me my stories?' She sounded somewhat muzzy and tired, but happy.

So I read her two short ones, that she picked out. You can always tell when she's tired and out of it, because she wants short books. When she's still a little full of piss and vinegar, she wants to hear things like 'The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins' (which I gave her) and 'Thumbelina'. Those damn things take 40 minutes to read. Especially when, if you're Grandma Steve, you keep pointing out all the hats...

[ September 06, 2007, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Hey, Abbot, you annoying dumb redneck! I've got a question. You're going to have a functioning bathroom in there, complete with toilet, right? I assume you're not simply going to run the ****e and/or waste water down on to the ground, so what takes place there as far as containment and/or treatment? Will you have some kind of water tank system for actually flushing the toilet, or what?

What about kitchen waste water? Also, are there any problems with seating for passengers in terms of State or Federal regs regarding seats meeting certain standards?

Damn interesting project, if you ask me.

Hiya Steve you not so bright collage boy glad you found some interest. One of the great things about a bus conversion is as a privately owned non-commercial vehicle your regular drivers license is enough to legally drive it. Laws differ slightly from state to state of course but once you register your bus as a Recreational Vehicle your home free. For instance the state of Oregon wants a bus to have sleeping facilities and food preparation facilities to qualify as an RV. I have also been told that a person's regular drivers license limits a vehicle to no more then 14 passengers in the state of Oregon but I am unsure if that is true or not. My bus comes equipped with air brakes, which as an RV requires no special license to use. However I would strongly recommend some research into proper operation and maintenance of air brakes before one purchases a vehicle equipped with them. Many school buses are also equipped with normal power assisted hydraulic brakes as are many automobiles some buses also have disc brakes.

The plumbing system will have two to three holding tanks, which will depend on space (where I can fit them in). Right now I plan to hang them from underneath the frame and I haven’t decided if I am going to use two tanks or three as of yet. A fresh-water tank, a gray-water tank (sinks and shower drains only) and a black-water tank for the toilet flush/drain. One can use just two tanks, a fresh-water tank and a combined gray-water black- water tank. I plan to carry about 50 gallons of fresh water in a holding tank and a couple of fiver's for back-up. And approximately 60 to 65 gallons of wastewater storage. That should provide enough fresh water for two people for up to 5 days. The rule of thumb is 3-gallons per day per person without an onboard shower. With onboard shower 5 gallons per day per person is recommend.

As a hobby I plan to update the page from the beginning to the end of the project as it may come in handy for a few other folks who may enjoy building their own RV or home on wheels. The electrical systems both 120 and 12 volt will be installed with photos and explanations, same for the plumbing systems and so on. Heat and AC will also be covered and I plan to include what I chose to do and why. I will add to the page as I have content for it.

Right now I am working hard to get the roof raised and the bus skinned before the winter weather arrives. I hope to have it up by this weekend and a web page update soon thereafter. Raising the roof is not necessary and most people who do school bus conversions do not bother with it (it’s a bit of work) and do just fine with the lower ceiling height. My bus has 6’ 4” of floor to ceiling clearance and that is pretty common. Other buses come with 6’6” of clearance. I plan to raise the roof on mine 16”.

[ September 06, 2007, 06:43 AM: Message edited by: Abbott ]

Nothing, nothing beyond his inability to understand what this place is all about ... well this place and any OTHER place that wouldn't be featured in Dogpatch Monthly.

Joe

Oh I understand Joe , I just don't give a $hit. Anyway what's Dogpatch monthly?

Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Nothing, nothing beyond his inability to understand what this place is all about ... well this place and any OTHER place that wouldn't be featured in Dogpatch Monthly.

Joe

Oh I understand Joe , I just don't give a $hit. Anyway what's Dogpatch monthly? </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

He's got you there, Michael.

Balderdash. I was here before any of you late comers. I was here before there was even Combat Mission, even before BFC came into existence as a corporate entity. I am Lord God and Supreme Being of All the Universes. You lot are merely latecomers, an afterthought. Clearly, I have precedence. I play with you because it amuses me. You may play back if you so choose, it matters not.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

He's got you there, Michael.

Balderdash. I was here before any of you late comers. I was here before there was even Combat Mission, even before BFC came into existence as a corporate entity. I am Lord God and Supreme Being of All the Universes. You lot are merely latecomers, an afterthought. Clearly, I have precedence. I play with you because it amuses me. You may play back if you so choose, it matters not.

Michael </font>

So, whoever that SSN was that I was somehow detailed to take under my wing has finally reappeared. He just nonchalantly drops a turn into my inbox with an offhand comment about "being on holiday in Italy".

Holiday in Italy.

I can just picture him with his little Oliver Twist voice.

"I was on 'oliday in Italy Guvnor.."

Damn SSN

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Abbott:

It is always a good idea to do a bit of Recon by foot ahead of time anyway. That way you don't end up asking "How the hell am I going to back out of here"?

You planning a road trip or a bad bar pickup? </font>

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrPeng:

My new email address is Pengy@clowndick.fart send all turns there.

I'm still waiting for you to send a turn to me, you girly-girl sport officiator-type person. </font>