PBEM is in, so what about Blue on Blue and Red on Red?

Hi,

We know that PBEM has made it into the game at last (hooray). However, I seem to remember some talk of having the option of playing some Blue on Blue or Red on Red battles. Did either of these options make it in?

I'm hoping Red on Red is in so I can do some battles such as Fatah versus Hamas or something like that.

Originally posted by Cpl Steiner:

Hi,

We know that PBEM has made it into the game at last (hooray). However, I seem to remember some talk of having the option of playing some Blue on Blue or Red on Red battles. Did either of these options make it in?

I'm hoping Red on Red is in so I can do some battles such as Fatah versus Hamas or something like that.

From what I remember reading, I think that capability was already built in.

• 4 months later...

Just wondering but will the game ship with scenarios with blue vs. blue etc...? Or do we have to make our own? Or can we simply use an existing map and place blue and blue or red and red units down on it? IS there still a "buy units" options in the game?

Sorry for all the [badly worded] questions :D

You know, by the time all the modules come out, you will be able to come pretty close to creating the much-requested and much-refused US-USSR Cold War game, albeit a few years later than some might like. Highly capable AFVs and air support for both sides and, if the accounts of a Ft. Lewis-like setting available for CMSF are true, terrain that might simulate central Europe.

Plus, the ability to mix and match at will. Who said BFC would never do a hypothetical conflict? ;)

Originally posted by Dook:

You know, by the time all the modules come out, you will be able to come pretty close to creating the much-requested and much-refused US-USSR Cold War game, albeit a few years later than some might like. Highly capable AFVs and air support for both sides and, if the accounts of a Ft. Lewis-like setting available for CMSF are true, terrain that might simulate central Europe.

Plus, the ability to mix and match at will. Who said BFC would never do a hypothetical conflict? ;)

I'm hoping they'll allow us to mix and match terrain between CM:SF and CMx2:WWII. That would open up all sorts of modern war possibilities.