Issues not fixed by 1.02 Patch

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is trivial to adjust tripod height to typical windows by using artificial platforms under the tripod, and the result can be as stable as you please and does not take hours. "Not deployable inside buildings" is quite unrealistic.

Other problems I have seen - slowness of BMPs to fire their ATGMs, and to fire generally. Underperformance of Russian 30mm vs. US light armor even at very close range.

In QBs, picking Syrian armor force type, explicitly opposed to "heavy infantry", still results in a pure heavy infantry force (BMPs with infantry) without any tanks, far too often. I've noticed this most in small scenarios. The point of having armor as opposed to heavy infantry as a type is to put tanks first; the force type should never be "tank free".

In QBs, opposing set up zones frequently overlap in a completely unrealistic manner, defenders often aren't on the objective, etc.

It is trivial to adjust tripod height to typical windows by using artificial platforms under the tripod, and the result can be as stable as you please and does not take hours. "Not deployable inside buildings" is quite unrealistic.

Other problems I have seen - slowness of BMPs to fire their ATGMs, and to fire generally. Underperformance of Russian 30mm vs. US light armor even at very close range.

In QBs, picking Syrian armor force type, explicitly opposed to "heavy infantry", still results in a pure heavy infantry force (BMPs with infantry) without any tanks, far too often. I've noticed this most in small scenarios. The point of having armor as opposed to heavy infantry as a type is to put tanks first; the force type should never be "tank free".

In QBs, opposing set up zones frequently overlap in a completely unrealistic manner, defenders often aren't on the objective, etc.

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Movies aren't a very good source of research information :D

Steve

No its not.. but then again, I'm not quoting wildly fictional movies or something that I believe to be untrue. I just don't believe an argument that MG42s were never deployed inside houses.

Steve

No its not.. but then again, I'm not quoting wildly fictional movies or something that I believe to be untrue. I just don't believe an argument that MG42s were never deployed inside houses.

Steve

Jons wrote:-

Um, missions/games/movies are not terribly good references, ya know?

You can use MGs indoors currently in the game, you just can't set them up on the tripods. Seems a reasonable limitation to me.

and

Steve wrote

Movies aren't a very good source of research information [big Grin]
Sorry guys you both wrong as JasonC rightly states. In the British Army all SFMG teams carry empty sand bags as SOP to either hold the legs in place when firing off pre-registered spikes (markers on the ground recording the tripod position for night shoots and indirect fire generally) or to elevate the legs to achieve LOS on a desired arc or target. Ammo boxes filled with earth are another favourite for elevating the gun.

You can use MGs indoors currently in the game, you just can't set them up on the tripods. Seems a reasonable limitation to me.

and

Steve wrote

Sorry guys you both wrong as JasonC rightly states. In the British Army all SFMG teams carry empty sand bags as SOP to either hold the legs in place when firing off pre-registered spikes (markers on the ground recording the tripod position for night shoots and indirect fire generally) or to elevate the legs to achieve LOS on a desired arc or target. Ammo boxes filled with earth are another favourite for elevating the gun.

and

Steve wrote

Originally posted by Speedy:

Why have you allowed the giving of orders while paused in Elite?

It makes the top difficulty level far to easy.

Not if you--I don't know--don't give orders while paused or use the pause button.

Then it works exactly the way it did before--and is just as difficult.

--Philistine

Not if you--I don't know--don't give orders while paused or use the pause button.

--Philistine

--Philistine

Are you kidding? You are not obligued to give orders while paused. And for MP there isn't pause at all (and if there was, you could agree with your oponent if being able to use it or not or order or not while paused and how often), I don't see what's the problem.

I don't agree with you anyway, a lot of times is just impossible to command all your forces w/o pausing.

Are you kidding? You are not obligued to give orders while paused. And for MP there isn't pause at all (and if there was, you could agree with your oponent if being able to use it or not or order or not while paused and how often), I don't see what's the problem.

I don't agree with you anyway, a lot of times is just impossible to command all your forces w/o pausing.