The Peng Challenge Gets All Strategery

Lars

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have been away quite a while - grandparents not doing well and all that. Did I miss any good fisticuffs or temper tantrums?

Anyway...I peek in to see how you lot are doing and see another beloved of the group has passed. My condolences. I don't know if Hiram has been reading these lately, but I'll pass the news along to him and I'm quite certain he will express the same sentiments as I. I lost my Dad two years ago on Easter Sunday, so this time of year is always a roller coaster of emotion for me. Rest easy in the knowledge that not only was your Mom well regarded in the community, but I don't doubt she knew she was beloved by her family.

*hugs*

If you need anything, you have our contacts I do believe. If you don't - email either of us and we'll make it happen.

Have been away quite a while - grandparents not doing well and all that. Did I miss any good fisticuffs or temper tantrums?

Anyway...I peek in to see how you lot are doing and see another beloved of the group has passed. My condolences. I don't know if Hiram has been reading these lately, but I'll pass the news along to him and I'm quite certain he will express the same sentiments as I. I lost my Dad two years ago on Easter Sunday, so this time of year is always a roller coaster of emotion for me. Rest easy in the knowledge that not only was your Mom well regarded in the community, but I don't doubt she knew she was beloved by her family.

*hugs*

If you need anything, you have our contacts I do believe. If you don't - email either of us and we'll make it happen.

*hugs*

CLASSIC NIDAN1 AAR: A Messianic production

So after helping the Nu-Yoika with his counting and convincing him that he did infact have ten fingers I finally got him to agree to fight a battle.

As challenger it was perhaps my duty to find an appropriate set-up for the pair of us but I was ‘detained’ and the task fell to Nidan1.

Oh dear… the daft pudding sent me a divisional level attack on a map larger than any I'd ever seen or imagined.

I calculated that it would’ve taken at least 13 lifetimes to finish the bloody operation which, although no problem in of itself, does create the shirley impossible task of having to deal with Nidan1 for 13 lifetimes (try repeating that phrase too often… I tell you it’s like something from candyman)!

So after making the appropriate polite excuses (you bleedin’ foolish halfwit of a yank… yadda, yadda, yadda) I sent him the set-up for the much smaller, but still impressively sized, 5x25+ turn HSG-Villers Bocage operation.

Quotes on the discussion board included…

Awesome operation, great fun and great thrills.

Force balance excellent

In conclusion, excellent - it came down to three Tigers stalking around the main square zapping anything

I took the poor, blighted Brit’s and Nidan1 took Wittmans juggernauts of doom… what could possibly go wrong with a game like this?

uo00019ff.th.jpg

uo00024bh.th.jpg

uo0003b0gf.th.jpg

uo00048yn.th.jpg

uo00055tm.th.jpg

So ten minutes later and with all of Nidan1’s Tigers reduced to shattered burning wrecks the game automatically ends with my total victory… even by Nidan1’s abyssal standards this was a damned poor performance.

So after comforting the silly sausage and listening to his sobbing promises ‘to do better next time’ I’ve once again let him find a battle for us, apparently it’s only gonna be a Brigade level battle this time… sigh

So after helping the Nu-Yoika with his counting and convincing him that he did infact have ten fingers I finally got him to agree to fight a battle.

As challenger it was perhaps my duty to find an appropriate set-up for the pair of us but I was ‘detained’ and the task fell to Nidan1.

Oh dear… the daft pudding sent me a divisional level attack on a map larger than any I'd ever seen or imagined.

I calculated that it would’ve taken at least 13 lifetimes to finish the bloody operation which, although no problem in of itself, does create the shirley impossible task of having to deal with Nidan1 for 13 lifetimes (try repeating that phrase too often… I tell you it’s like something from candyman)!

So after making the appropriate polite excuses (you bleedin’ foolish halfwit of a yank… yadda, yadda, yadda) I sent him the set-up for the much smaller, but still impressively sized, 5x25+ turn HSG-Villers Bocage operation.

Force balance excellent

In conclusion, excellent - it came down to three Tigers stalking around the main square zapping anything

I took the poor, blighted Brit’s and Nidan1 took Wittmans juggernauts of doom… what could possibly go wrong with a game like this?

uo00019ff.th.jpg

uo00024bh.th.jpg

uo0003b0gf.th.jpg

uo00048yn.th.jpg

uo00055tm.th.jpg

So ten minutes later and with all of Nidan1’s Tigers reduced to shattered burning wrecks the game automatically ends with my total victory… even by Nidan1’s abyssal standards this was a damned poor performance.

So after comforting the silly sausage and listening to his sobbing promises ‘to do better next time’ I’ve once again let him find a battle for us, apparently it’s only gonna be a Brigade level battle this time… sigh

Force balance excellent

uo00019ff.th.jpg

uo00024bh.th.jpg

uo0003b0gf.th.jpg

uo00048yn.th.jpg

uo00055tm.th.jpg

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

What could go wrong, he says? What could go wrong?

I really couldn't say what went wrong. You see the game ended so quickly I never had a chance to even move my poor doomed panzers.

The battle commenced with all my Tigers getting hit in the six o'clock position, (that's in the ass end, for you novices) by Sherman VCs at ranges of 100 meters or less. What chance did I have? That fact, and in addition, roving PIAT teams which sprung up from every nook and cranny of the map to take pot shots at my hapless steel monsters. It was all very shocking.

It certainly was not historical....and I suspect some tampering with the game engine.

I really couldn't say what went wrong. You see the game ended so quickly I never had a chance to even move my poor doomed panzers.

The battle commenced with all my Tigers getting hit in the six o'clock position, (that's in the ass end, for you novices) by Sherman VCs at ranges of 100 meters or less. What chance did I have? That fact, and in addition, roving PIAT teams which sprung up from every nook and cranny of the map to take pot shots at my hapless steel monsters. It was all very shocking.

It certainly was not historical....and I suspect some tampering with the game engine.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

The battle commenced with all my Tigers getting hit in the six o'clock position, (that's in the ass end, for you novices) by Sherman VCs at ranges of 100 meters or less

For those folks tempted to trust Nidan1's word (and more fool you) check out the above documentary evidence... all of those pictures show his Tigers getting smashed in the jaw

What chance did I have?
Admittedly, seeing as it was a battle between you & I, rather little

The battle commenced with all my Tigers getting hit in the six o'clock position, (that's in the ass end, for you novices) by Sherman VCs at ranges of 100 meters or less

For those folks tempted to trust Nidan1's word (and more fool you) check out the above documentary evidence... all of those pictures show his Tigers getting smashed in the jaw

What chance did I have?

What chance did I have?